Only look at me...Taeyang

There is no right girl for Taeyang

 

Seungri walks over and plops down on the bench next to his hyung, resting his head on his shoulder as if to take a nap. A contented look on his face…until a moment later, Taeyang pushes him off. Slightly miffed expression. Seungri frowns and almost pouts. He used to be able to sleep on his friend and band-mate’s shoulder or even lap until his hyung got a girlfriend recently…that girlfriend who is now quickly approaching. She seems nice enough, pretty with a nice body…Taeyang’s type, as far as he knows, but there’s something that has been bothering him…

            “Hey Youngbae. Oh Seung-hyun I didn’t know you’d be here, or I would have gotten another cone.” She smiles sweetly and takes a seat next to Taeyang. Offering him an ice cream cone.

            “S’alright, we can share,” Taeyang takes a off of her mint chocolate chip cone. Causing her to giggle a bit. “You want the other?” He offers it to Seungri who tries not to frown. He can’t handle this, forcing a smile he makes a excuse to leave and nearly runs away from the couple.

 

Back at the Appartment:

 

            Seungri walks in and slams the door, proceeding to collapse on the couch as if exhausted. “You’re back early.” Daesung walks downstairs with a book under his arm. Seeing only one pair of shoes he continues, “Where’s Youngbae, I thought you guys were gonna get ice cream in the park.” Seungri groans, and cover’s his face with is hands. “Eh, What’s with that look? You get rejected by some girl?” He walks over to the kitchen to get a glass of milk.  

            “Bingu TOP.” GD says under his breath before yawning and meeting his band-mates in the common room. He jumps over the back of the couch to land next to Seungri, and leans back to look at his friend. “I think it probably has something to do with Taeyang’s new girlfriend.” Seungri looks to the leader with a look of dismay. HE continues, “You guys are real close, but now you have to share him with someone else.” GD sticks his tongue out playfully, throwing an arm around the youngest member’s shoulders.

             “That or he’s jealous, cause we all know how Seung-hyun feels about Youngbae,” TOP’s deep voice sounds as he emerges from his room. “Well, except for Maybe Taeyang.” TOP leans over the back of the couch to put his face next to his friend’s. Seungri flushes a bit and his look of dismay gets even more evident. Causing GD to laugh.

            “What does that mean hyung?” They’re all picking on him, aren’t they?! Is this what he gets for being the youngest member. Well at least Taeyang’s not here, cause he’d love this... Stupid Taeyang loves to make fun of him. And now, TOP hyung’s giving him that ‘you know exactly what I’m talking about’ look. “I just get a bad feeling from her.” He whines.

            “Aw no need to be mean Seung-hyun.” GD ruffles his hair.

            “Screw it. I’m going to go get some coffee.” Seungri leaps up from the couch and starts towards the door, with Daesung trotting after him.

            “Mind if I join you?” Big Daesung smile, “It’s a bit too loud to read here.” With a sigh Seungri agrees, he understands completely. 

 

A few days later:

 

            “Hey, your right. There is something off with that girl,” GD calls Seungri, “She just openly flirted with me.” He half laughs but Seungri can hear an uncomfortable undertone in his voice. “I was just about to call Youngbae, but...I remembered what you said.” The leader sighs. “She also went after Seung-hyun. I don’t want to see him to get hurt.” Seungri catches his breath. He can imagine Taeyang’s hurt, disappointed face.

            “Jiyong-hyung. I….I’ll talk to him.” He hangs up the phone, before GD can say anything and sighs. Hitting speed dial, he waits to hear the sweet familiar voice.

“Yobosoyo? Seung-hyun, what’s up?” He can hear a smile in Taeyang’s voice. Seungri laughs uneasily.

“Hey, I was wondering if you are free? There’s something I wanted to talk to you about.” He really doesn’t want to do this over phone, but Seungri doesn’t know if he can do it face to face.

“Sorry, not right now. Tonight maybe? I’m out with So-hi.” Seungri bites his lip and pouts a bit. “That’s what I wanted to talk about.” He hears Taeyang sigh, and his chest clenches up a bit. He likes teasing his hyung….but to genuinely hurt him is a bit too much.

“What about her?” Seungri sighs and scratches his head. “Seungri?”
            “I was talking to GD…and I…we think So-hi’s a band girl.” Taeyang makes a hardly concealed annoyed sound.

“Maknae. I know you think you know everything, but you don’t. I know we’re close but I am your Hyung and you need to know where to draw the line.” He sounds weary and a bit upset. Seungri wants to bury his head in a hole somewhere. Is he still upset about the whole Strong Heart thing?

“Listen to me.”

“I’ll see you later Seungri.” The line goes dead. And Seungri feels his heart drop a bit. Fine he’ll do it his way then. A smirk runs across his face briefly before turning to a look of concentration. Looking down at his phone he flips through it to locate his band mates numbers. Click, click….click. He types out a quick message to inform them of his plan, careful not to send it to Taeyang.

 

The message reads:

            (Sup hyungs,

            Young-bae’s dating a band girl.

            He won’t listen to me. So here’s what I purpose.

            We’ll all text her to set up a date on the same day and

Show him how he was wrong…)

GD sends back a miffed text, telling his ‘slave’ to stop being such a little brat, but a moment later sends another agreeing to the plan and saying he’ll get T.O.P in on it.

 

Few days later:

            Taeyang calls up his girl to ask her out for the day, but she says she’s busy. Being too good of a person he says he understands and calls to meet up with some of his friends at the local café, for lunch. He needs a break from his band mates after he got in a fight with Ji yong and Seungri… Luckily this is a great distraction, they’re talking about his album and wonderfully trivial subjects.

            Suddenly, the door swings open and in walks his leader and friend GD…with So-hi… The leader seems unaware of his presence while she makes complete eye contact with a little shocked face before GD pulls her away towards a table. Taeyang grits his teeth, not wanting to believe his friend would purposely take his girl and it’s just not GD’s style to flaunt her in front of him like this. Seungri on the other hand…he pushes the thought to the back of his mind as he gets up to walk over to them.

            All the while a song bubbling in his head it takes him a lot of his self control to not break into song in the middle of the café. As he slowly makes his way over he can see her getting more and more uncomfortable. The boyishly cute leader takes off his glasses in frustration at her distantness. Before her discomfort forces her to jump up from the table with him in tail as she exits the shop.

            Also frustrated by this encounter he exits the café with his boys, planning to go to the park. To chill out, relax, and try to push that horrible image of GD with his girl out of his head. It’s a bright sunny day, perfect to lay in the grass, but as soon as he lays down across the park he sees Seungri wrapping his arm around his girl. Taeyang’s about to jump up and confront him, but one of his boys holds him back, saying it will just cause more problems, talk to him later.

            “What is with this?” He says to himself after telling his crew he needs some alone time to mull over this turn of events. Taeyang goes on a long walk to clear his thoughts, so he doesn’t take it out on the maknae as soon as he gets home. Unfortunately getting himself a bit lost, forcing him to the train back.

            “What the ?” He shouts as the train passes between Daesung with So-hi and himself. This is starting to get really creepy, he frowns. What is the maknae up to this time? Taeyang feels horrible, why is she with all of them? Were they right? ...No, he can’t believe it. it! He’s going out tonight. Have fun. This is the only thing he knows will make him feel better.

 

Back at the house the rest of the band  excluding TOP are lounging on the couches in their living room. GD scratches his head and leans back in the couch. “I talked to TOP, he said he’s up to it. You know how much he likes acting.” He laughs a bit uneasily and looks to his slave, who grins mischievously.

“Perfect. He’ll be the best final blow to make Youngbae see what she is.” And under his breath he says “And see that I was right.” Daesung looks upset.

“Isn’t this the meanest way we could do this?” he pouts, being the sweet little Daesung that he is. Both GD and Seungri give him a look and he shuts up.

            “Why are you so preoccupied with Taeyang.” GD interrogates. He narrows his eyes, a knowing smile sliding across his face.

            “I just care about him a lot and want to see him get hurt,”

            “Lie.”

            Daesung shifts his eyes from Seungri to GD and back again. Sensing the tension in the air, he gets up and slowly walks away.

            “Don’t make me repeat myself maknae.”

            “I can get any girl I want…girls are easy. But Youngbae…well, he keeps shutting me down. And I want to put him in his place, (…under me.) On my terms, not some girl’s.” Seungri wears one of his classic cocky smiles.

            GD sighs, “I think it’s funny how you think you can take him down so easily… Don’t underestimate Taeyang…you remember what happened last time?” GD matches his slave’s mischievously cocky smile. Causing Seungri to frown at the memory.

           

Back at the club:

           

            Taeyang walks in and starts dancing with a few girls, dressed in his black button down and white bow tie. This complimented by his looks and great dancing skills he’s got no loss for partners. Finally he’s having fun again. Since it’s been a tough week, he’s happy. With a spin he comes face to face with TOP…which he finds a bit odd.

            “TOP?” He starts to say something more as his girl So-hi comes into view. Cozying up to the stoic man as he feigns interest in her. This is the final straw. TOP’s wearing his best face as he sips his drink and leads So-hi away. Taeyang sighs, puts his hands over his face for a second and turns to leave. He apologizes the girls who want to dance with him, cause he’s just not in the mood anymore. An image of Seungri’s cocky face as he says “See I told you so.” Circling in his mind. But Taeyang won’t give him the satisfaction.