It's Her

Leaving Me

 

“I remember…” Kyungsoo repeated trailing off.
“Ky-Kyungsoo! She’s walking towards the edge!” Yongguk said pointing to the girl they were talking about earlier. Luckily there were emergency stairs on the building, Kyungsoo and Yongguk quickly ran up the many flights of stairs until the reached the roof. The girl was standing on the edge and was just about to jump when she was pulled back from behind. The girl and Kyungsoo quickly got up. She turned around and was about to scold and yell at the person who pulled her back but stopped herself. She recognized that face and was frozen with shock. Her legs went weak and she fell on her knees. Kyungsoo and Yongguk finally knew that it was really her.
 
“No no no no no, Eunae. You’re going crazy. This is just another hallucination, it’s not real.” She said to herself while clutching her head and shaking it. Kyungsoo went down to her level as Yongguk made his way over to them. Kyungsoo hugged her and sang the song he always sang for her.
 
 
“Deoneun mangseolijima jebal
Nae simjangeul geodu eoga
Geurae nalkaroulsurog joha
Dalbichjochido  nuneul gameun bam
Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon
Hwiguk anui han gujeoli eotdoramyeon
Neoui geu saramgwa baggun sangcheo modu taeweobeolyeo
Baby don’t cry, tonight
Eodumi geodhigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry, tonight
Eobseotdeon iri dwel geoya
Mulgeopumi dweneun geoteun niga aniya,
Ggeutnae mollaya hae deo
So baby don’t cry, cry
Nae sarangi neol jikilteni”
 
“It’s you, it’s really you!” Eunae said relaxing her body and melting into his embrace.
“Hate to ruin the moment here but I’m here too!” Yongguk jokingly said opening his arms for a hug.
“Oppa!” Eunae said standing up to give her brother a hug.
“How’d you get away? I thought you were…” Kyungsoo stopped talking
“I just ran away, they’ll probably be looking for me” Eunae said quieting down
“We should probably get going then” Yongguk said. Kyungsoo and Eunae nodded in agreement. 
 
3 months later
 
Kyungsoo and Yongguk received a note in the mailbox. It read:
 
We meet again.
I’m guessing you’ve had a good few months? This is what they call the clam before the storm. I decided that since I’ve kept you and your dear Eunae apart for 3 years, I’d give you one month of calm for every year. If you’re wondering, yes I was going to kill her. However, when she arrived, she was so beautiful that I decided not to kill her. Plus, if I did, I wouldn’t get to see her so pained everyday for three years. It would’ve been easy to kill her and let her out of her misery. I hope you’re ready. Meet us at the junkyard a week from tonight at 6PM. We’ll be waiting.
-LeeSooMan
 
“Just when we thought we would finally live peacefully! This always happens!” Kyungsoo said cursing under his breath.
“I got your back this time, I’ll go with you. And we’ll make sure they’re gone forever.” Yongguk said
 
A week later
 
Yongguk arrived at the junkyard and was sitting in the center of the junkyard where he, Kyungsoo, and LeeSooMan and his men were supposed to meet. He heard footsteps coming. 
“Yah! Do Kyungsoo, why are you so late?” Yongguk scolded
“Sorry I’m so late. Forgive us?” Lee SooMan said stepping into the light. Yongguk was shocked but quickly regained his senses as he saw the men charging towards him with metal poles and bats. Yongguk did his best to fight them off. He grabbed a pole from one of the obviously weaker men and started to hit people. He was growing tired as he had been fighting for about half an hour when he was hit on the head with a glass bottle. He dropped his weapon and clutched his head. Taking this as their chance, the men crowded around Yongguk and kicked, stepped on, and hit him. Some even hit him with their bats and metal rods. It was a little past one when Lee Soo Man decided that Yongguk had had enough and called his men off. With that, SooMan and his men left the junkyard and left Yongguk on the ground writhing in pain. When Yongguk felt well enough, he got up and walked to the building they found Eunae on and went up the emergency stairs to the roof as not to attract attention. Thirty minutes later, Kyungsoo arrived at the roof and was greeted by a clearly pissed of Yongguk. 
“Hyung, I’m sorry. I was with Eunae and I completely lost track of time!” Kyungsoo said out of breath since he had been running. Yongguk didn’t respond to him.
“Did you go by yourself then? And you stayed to fight them?” Kyungsoo asked thought he already knew the answer. Yongguk turned to face the opposite direction with out answering Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo then knew that Yongguk was giving him the silent treatment. Angry at the fact that Yongguk was beaten up, Kyungsoo went to look for LeeSooMan and his gang. It was dark when Kyungsoo finally found LeeSooMan and his men by a tunnel that had recently been blocked off. It seems that someone had just told a joke and everyone was laughing. 
“Yah!” Kyungsoo yelled getting their attention. Everyone turned around to look at Kyungsoo, even LeeSooMan turned to see what it was. He wasn’t surprised to find that it was Do Kyungsoo. 
“Well well well, what do we have here? A bit late for our appointment aren’t you?” Lee Soo Man said teasingly. 
“How’s your friend? I hope we didn’t hurt him too bad. He’s still alive right?” he added.
“You son of a -” Kyungsoo said before swinging his fist to hit SooMan only to be held back by his men. Kyungsoo fought and wriggled out of the men’s grip. One of the guys charged towards him and he dodged it. He swiftly swung his leg back and sent the guy face first into the ground. It was still and silent for a second, then all hell broke loose. Men were coming at him with bats and metal sticks from every direction. He did his best but some of the bare handed gang members got in a few punched and kicks. Kyungsoo was getting worn out, his spark was fading. Kyungsoo saw his chance to attack SooMan and was just about to hit SooMan in the face, but with the snap of his fingers, two men appeared and held Kyungsoo back.
“Tsk tsk tsk…” SooMan said shaking his head slowly while walking towards Kyungsoo.
“You and your friend are very alike you know? Coming to confront a gang alone. That’s a death wish right there. In fact, you know what?” SooMan said cracking his knuckles.
“I’m a nice guy so I’ll grant your wish for you!” SooMan puched Kyungsoo in the face making Kyungsoo’s head jerk to the side. 
“You know, this is a bit boring. Just punching you? I think it needs something a little more.” SooMan said walking over to grab a glass bottle that was laying on the ground. Yongguk was out of breath as he arrived at the scene. Right as he saw Kyungsoo, a glass bottle came down on Kyungsoo’s head and a pained yell echoed through the night. Yongguk’s eyes went wide as he ran towards Kyungsoo. He grabbed a bat from one of the unsuspecting men and whacked the two men holding Kyungsoo in the head making them release Kyungsoo. 
“Hy-Hyung?” Kyungsoo said in a surprised tone
“Kyungsoo, go after SooMan. I got this,” Yongguk said pushing Kyungsoo in the direction the SooMan ran.
Kyungsoo sprinted off and chased after SooMan. He arrived at a dead end and searched the area for SooMan.
“Where are you SooMan? Chickening our at the last second? What a coward!” Kyungsoo shouted to make sure SooMan heard him. 
“Kyungsoo!” 
Kyungsoo heard Yongguk call his name. Then he heard the sound of a gun going off , and then everything started to happen in slow motion.. He looked down to see blood dripping onto the ground below him and followed the blood up. Yongguk was in front of him. They both fell to the ground.
“Hyung,” Kyungsoo’s voice croaked out with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.
“Hyung, listen to me. Find her, find Eunae. Tell her that I love her, a-and that I-I’m sorry. I couldn’t keep our promise. Tell her not to cry, tell her to fall in love again, tell her that we’ll meet again in the next life.” Yongguk felt his body go limp.
“Kyungsoo, you can’t do this! You’re the only one for her! Yah! Kyungsoo!” Yongguk said trying to shake Kyungsoo awake.