I'll try my best to take you back (Ilhoon and Yoonmi)

Domino Effect (A BTOB Oneshot/Twoshot Series)

 

SEQUEL

Ilhoon's POV
 
I was catching up with my other friends and I believe that the one beside my friend Sunhi is ________, the one I still want even if she broke up with me. I may still smile a lot like nothing happened but deep inside, I was still devastated though it's been a month already. I begged and I courted her again like I just met her but it breaks my heart more because I know that it will never change her mind. I started to feel pathetic when I started to notice she's hiding from me so decided to stop for good.
 
But even if I tried to move on, I still love her. I wanna make excuses that I wanna meet up with her other friends but I don't wanna bother her anymore.
 
"Hey guys, let's get something to eat!" I said cheerfully.
 
"Okay!" All of the said then all of a sudden, a friend said.
 
"Hey Jaerin, did you see Eunkwang?" I was surprised when she uttered that because it was unusual for her to ask that.
 
"I don't know. But he texted me he wants to join us too." Jaerin said, also confused.
 
"Oh, okay. Just asking." The expression on Sunhi's face was like, she's worried of something.
 
Then I saw Eunkwang rushing towards, actually towards me. He pulled me away from my friends for no one else to hear.
 
"Eunkwang, what's wrong?"
 
"I saw her." He said seriously.
 
Then my eyes widen all of a sudden because I was already waiting for this day to happen. The day that I should confront her.
 
"Where? Tell me where is she!" I shouted silently.
 
"I saw her at the elevator just now, you better hurry."
 
Without hesitations, I ran quickly, forgetting Eunkwang and the others. I tried going for the elevator but it was slow and I kept pushing the button like there's no tomorrow so I had to run down the stairs to catch up on her.
 
After running down many steps, I reached to the front entrance and manage to see her at the near end of the ramp that leads to a road, I called her and she looked at me. She looked scared and annoyed so she ran quickly while my legs automatically ran also to her but when I reached to where she ran to, she was already gone and there was a sea of people so it was harder to catch her.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------.-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Eunkwang's POV
 
After Ilhoon ran out to get Yoonmi (again), everyone was in utter confusion with the fact that they thought that Ilhoon must be acting crazy because he ran out with him, reminding them.
 
"Why did he ran out?" Rina asked.
 
"I don't know, maybe he forgot something." Riko said to Rina.
 
"But he looks so bothered about that 'something'..." Jaerin said, but I feel like she's suspecting something.
 
To tell you honestly, their relationship was a secret so me and her friend Sunhi knows what's going on.
 
Oh speaking of her, she pulled somewhere farther from them and whispered in a serious tone.
 
"Did you tell Ilhoon that you saw her leaving?"
 
"Yes, I'm already worried enough for Ilhoon to suffer so much."
 
"But Eunkwang, Yoonmi did this so Ilhoon can pursue his dreams and for her also to pursue her dreams too."
 
"But I rather have them together happy than to see them suffer. Come on Sunhi, don't you think it's time for them to make up?"
 
She looked worried too since she hangout with her more. "I'm not sure. But we have to wait and see."
 
And with that, we all left like nothing happened earlier.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------.-------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yoonmi's POV
 
Oh God, he saw me. Why didn't I stop and I just ran instead? It's been a month since I last saw him and to think I'm confident that I'm strong enough to know the he just want to talk, I still ran away.
 
I wanted to forget that mishap so I got a ticket to Infinite's concert thanks to Minri, which I was supposed to get it at the time we were supposed to meet each other but there were 'other plans' at that time.
 
I was so excited because I'll be able to meet Sunggyu oppar (yes, I meant to call him oppar) upclose! Minri got me an SVIP seat, which is located in front. How does she do it? It's a secret~
 
So I went to my seat immediately because the concert was about to start. Once it was started, my stress and worries were gone by the time I screamed with whole heart out. I was spazzing so much that I have to hug a person beside me so I can spazz with her.
 
The concert was about to end soon and the whole members of Infinite were there standing on stage because they want to announce something.
 
"Are you guys having fun?" Hoya asked everyone and we just screamed a huge YES.
 
"So we have a special guest that would help me sing my song '60 Seconds' on stage. You guys know him because of this~" After Sunggyu said that, Sungjong did a Cutie Player in front of the fans. I squealed because Sungjong looks so cute doing that at the same time, I wondered who was that.  Unless it was the one who started this craze.
 
"So everyone, let's sing along to '60 Seconds' along with BTOB's kiyomi rapper Jung Ilhoon!" Woohyun announced and yes, my excitement was replaced with tension. At the same time, ILHOON WILL SING?!
 
When Ilhoon went up to the stage, he's not like the Ilhoon that everybody knows because of his choice of clothing tonight. He's not wearing anything that looks like a ghetto. He was wearing tuxedo and it's not like him to wear that. But damn, he still looks hot.
 
He bowed and said "Annyeonghaseyo, BTOB's Ilhoon imnida." and then he smiled. He was scanning the crowd and I have to hide from him again since I was in front.
 
"This is dedicated to someone that still remained special in my heart though she disappeared from my life. I hope you'll love it." He placed his mic on the mic stand beside Sunggyu.
 
I sometimes walk and stop
I look around and our eyes meet
I quickly turn my head away
I look at my toes and
then slowly look up
My eyes that get larger
My lips that open up slightly
My heart rings in my ears
60 seconds is all I need for this story
You came into my heart
I don’t doubt it
That you took me away
The time that wasn’t short
You’re that kind of person
A story that’s enough for me
I don’t need any reasons
You made my heart flutter and look for you
That first time
Your voice breaks off
Your tears that slowly build up
and fall over
I hold you with my chest
and stay there for a long time
then slowly push you away
My empty eyes
My two lips that are at a loss for words
My heart stops at your sigh
60 seconds is all I need for this story
You disappeared from my life
I didn’t hold you back
The time that wasn’t short
You’re that kind of person
A story that’s enough for me
I don’t need any reasons
You clearly sent it
You said you were hurting
and I let you go
Our last time
(My two stories)
My hot and cold times (with you)
They’re both memories that you gave to me
(My two stories)
The same times, but with different sides of you
My double-edged memories
60 seconds is all I need for this story
You came into my heart
I don’t doubt it
That you took me away
The time that wasn’t short
You’re that kind of person
A story that’s enough for me
You disappeared from my life
I didn’t hold you back
The short amount of time
that I saw your heart
 
By the time he finished the song with Sunggyu, he thanked everyone and he was looking at me with sad eyes. Everyone was cheering while sadness overtook me and I felt like crying again. I couldn't take it anymore so I silently left quickly. Everything was fine until..
 
"Hwang Yoonmi!"
 
I stopped from where I was walking and everyone became silent. I didn't dare looking back at the stage 'cause the tears might fall here.
 
"It took me one week to be friends with you, one month for us to be together, 11 months for us to drift apart and a lifetime for me to get us back together. But always remember that it took only 60 seconds for me to fall in love with you. You were never an distraction. You are an inspiration for my dreams. You were the one who inspire me to keep on pursuing on what I want to do. You also inspire me to thought on our future together after we graduate."
 
My body was about to tremble soon with his words. I was surprised because this was the first time for him to say that and to prove to everyone that I was his girlfriend. Well at this time, he's my ex.
 
"I forgive you. It was never your fault to hate me or to let me go. I've been treating you bad these past few months so I deserved it. But you deserve to be treated better because you're an amazing woman. I love you Yoonmi. Don't leave me again. Please come back to me." He was already crying by the sound of his voice trembling.
 
I want to run to the stage and tell him that I love him too. But his words wasn't enough for me to take him back. So I run out of the venue. Because the venue is near to a park, I ran to the playground area and sat at the swing. I was already sobbing hard because I couldn't deny that I love too much that I made a mistake on letting him go.
 
I was still crying hard when I saw a guy running towards me. I couldn't see him so I thought that it was a maniac trying to get me. I had to stand up and run away because I'm afraid what's he gonna do with me. He hugged me from behind and his warmth was familiar to me.
 
"Don't run away from me anymore. It hurts me more." When I knew who said that, I still ran away from him.
 
I ran quickly but he still managed to grab me so I had to face him and hit him continuously.
 
"I HATE YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD SAY THAT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF INFINITE OPPADEUL! I HATE THAT YOU STILL FORGIVE ME THOUGH I HURTED YOU ALREADY! I HATE THAT YOU MADE ME THINK THAT YOU'VE ALREADY MOVED ON BECAUSE YOU NEVER APPEARED IN FRONT OF ME ANYMORE! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I REALLY HATE THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"
 
I screamed to him in the middle of the night and I was sobbing again. I was sobbing so much but Ilhoon still pulled me for a kiss. He passionately kissed me and of course, I returned it naturally though it's a cold night. When he let me go for me to breathe, he brushed my left cheek with his hand.
 
"I really love you Yoonmi. I'll never stop." He said sincerely.
 
"Ilhoon, I'm so sorry. I got scared that I'm distracting you that's why you treat me like I'm a stranger or a junior following a senior so I had to break up with you. I'm really sorry Ilhoon-ah, I really do." I said with a trembled voice.
 
"Shh, it's alright. There was a reason why I was so distant to you before. I took a part-time job at the company and I was practicing a lot so I could buy you this." He held out his ring finger, the ones with two rings on it. He slipped out one ring and he slid it on my ring finger.
 
 
"That marks that I truly love you with all my heart. And I promise that I will treat you better from now on, okay?" He smiled.
 
"Hmm, okay. But don't spoil me too much with material stuff okay? Just spoil me with your love. " She chuckled.
 
He pinch my nose. "Aww Rudolph finally laughed."
 
"Ya!" I kicked him and we both laughed hard.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------.----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
We both sat on an empty bench at night, with Ilhoon's coat around me. Both of our legs are stacked together and my head was leaning to Ilhoon's chest while we're both holding hands. We enjoy the silence and the sound of each other's breathing.
 
"Hey Yoonmi." He brushed my hair.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"You know I kept on saying 'I love you' earlier and never did I heard from you saying that you love me back. Do you still hate me?" I looked up to him and he was pouting.
 
"I will never hate you oppa. I'm just tired." I pouted too.
 
"But you asked me to push you harder earlier in the swings and you kept on chasing me. What gives?"
 
"Hey, I attend Infinite oppa's concert too you know."
 
"I know. But still, say 'I love you too'."
 
I stood up and it was the start of playing hard-to-get. "Hmm~ you have to chase me for me to say it!" I flashed a tongue at him.
 
"HEY! Get back here!" Then the chasing commenced.
 
He chased me throughout the park and I was laughing like an idiot. He finally caught me and brought me down to the grassfield to pin me.
 
"Got ya!" He chuckled. Then he laid beside me to cuddle me closely to him. "And I will never let you go."
 
I laid my head to Ilhoon's chest and I heard his heart beating.
 
"Fine you win." I yawned.
 
"Now say it!"
 
Then a long awkward silence happened. I pretended to sleep already.
 
"Yoonmi?"
 
I felt him shifting his head to look at my 'sleeping figure'.
 
"Oh Yoonmi." He chuckled. "I love you."
 
I mumbled to him. "I love you too."

==================================================================================================================

A/N: I'm so sorry about this chapter. I got so lazy that I just have to dump my ideas in. OTL