I hate chapter titles :/

Red Balloon

Jaejoong smiled as Ava left.  He hated the girl, she only befriended celebrities.  He saw her give people the hand when they weren’t a celebrity.  Who did she think she was?  She wasn’t even a celebrity herself; those were the type of words that traveled around in the young man’s mind.

“Why do you guys keep hanging out with her?  She’s a complete hypocrite.”  Jaejoong sighed as he stared at the clueless four men.

“She’s funny, hyung!  She did create a couple of our songs too!”  Changmin furrowed his brows, completely bewildered by Jaejoong’s act.

“You mean the crap songs?”  Jaejoong scowled.

“You listen to them all the time, I think you’re just jealous, hyung.”

“Jealousy is often a word confused with hate.”  Jaejoong turned around, getting ready for their next concert.

An hour later of being gay getting ready for the concert and putting god knows how much make-up on, Jaejoong skipped out onto the stage, smiling.  His eyes immediately connected with a girl, clad in a pretty teal dress.  Her eyes carefully detailed, as if they were slits forced open.  It was Ava but she wasn’t jumping up or down or cheering.  She just held onto a tight red balloon, the color was vivid in his eyes as he looked at her sullen expression.  Maybe she wasn’t healthy?  He didn’t care if she was despicable or much like a hypocrite, if someone was feeling bad, he had to help them.  He sang throughout the whole hour, his eyes tight on her face for any slight difference.  It was weird to him, that she didn’t look at him for even a second.  She didn’t really look she was even looking at TVXQ at all, like she was waiting for something to happen.

Jaejoong hurried to her after they were done, wanting to help her.  He tried to push his way through the screaming girls groping at him, wondering how he even found Ava in the first place amongst the crowds.  He shouldn’t have even been in the audience.  Who knows if there was even a single anti-fan among them?  His face set to relief, almost as if controllable, when he saw the teal dress with the altogether familiar curves.  She had always been pretty to him.

This time Ava was cheering though, Jaejoong double checked her, trying to make his way forward to get a clearer view of her face.  Why was she cheering now?  He made a quick glance at the stage, FINKL on it.  Right…FINKL’s balloon color was red too.  Though it didn’t make sense how she wasn’t interested in his band at all.  She did create some of their songs after all.  He rushed back to the backstage, being here any longer would be too dangerous and if he was disruptive any longer, Ava would notice.

“I can’t believe she doesn’t cheer for us when she’s your friends!”  Jaejoong exclaimed towards his friends, trying to reveal her as who she was.

“Ava never liked our music in the first place.”  Yunho sank into the couch, chugging down a water bottle as if everything made sense.  “She’s friends with idols…because she can’t get along with other people.  It sounds weird but I guess it’s like she said ‘we’re different.’”  Yunho threw his bottle at Jaejoong, snickering.

“And you guys believe her!  You guys are idiots!”  Jaejoong threw the bottle back with two times more force.  The bubbly women she seemed to be was strict and mean inside.  He just couldn’t believe how all the evidence is right in his friend’s faces and they don’t even care.

***

“Why are you such a hypocrite?”  Jaejoong grabbed onto the slim Ava’s hand, upset.

“I’m not a hypocrite.  I might be.”  Ava turned around, her eyes amazed at the fact that someone who ignored her for days- was now talking to her.

“You’re a regular girl but you only make friends with idols.  It doesn’t make sense.”  Jaejoong stared into the girl in front of him.  Was she really so regular?  She was so intricate.  She seemed completely normal but…she was really interesting to the man.

“Idols contain this sense in them,” Ava lightly took Jaejoong’s hand off, “in most cases; they are strong and have such high-selfesteem that they aren’t afraid of anything.  Why do you think you guys are at the top?”  Ava calmly stared back at the gorgeous man in front of her.  Her breath contrasting the rushed man in front of her.  “Why do you think you can grasp onto my arm and be completely not afraid of the possible consequences?”  Ava extended her arm, her hand reached towards Jaejoong slowly.  She hesitantly moved it towards him, only to take away her hand with one centimeter of distance left.  “I want that courage you people contain.  But I can’t do anything about it, I stand in the backstage writing songs.  That’s all I’ve ever done.  FINKL, all of the girls in there aren’t afraid at all.  Their appearance doesn’t matter to them.  They’re themselves.”  She kept her gaze steady on Jaejoong, slightly turning.  “But I’m not.”  She turned around completely, walking away from the mesmerized man.  He grasped his cheek, feeling as if she really left her mark there.  He turned around, walking the opposite direction from the maiden, taking out his phone from his pocket.

“Ahh~hyungggg.  When’s the next concert with FINKL?  Oh next week?!  Then can I ask you if we can fit in another performance…”

***

Jaejoong in a huge breath before he spoke into the microphone.  “Today we’re going to hold a special performance.  I hope you’ll all bear with me since she isn’t exactly anyone any of you guys know.”  Jaejoong spoke sweetly, anticipating this moment.  He had developed a crush on the intricate woman after he saw how she acts.  He had some time to in her personality.  Her rough, sweet personality.  He hopped of the stage, already knowing exactly where to find the girl, her eyes melancholy and her gaze directly at typically nothing.  She stood in the crown patiently, holding a red balloon.  It seemed weird to the older man of the latter.  He shouldn’t have been able to find her amongst the crowds.  She obviously wasn’t the only one holding a red balloon.

His hand latched around her wrist, her eyes immediately shocked, staring at him.  “Let go of me!  What are you doing?”  The girl wasn’t even listening…

“Sing.”  Jaejoong stared at her, not afraid one bit.  He didn’t regret his rash decision.  He knew it was the right one.

“I can’t sing!  I’m not pretty enough; I don’t have the right voice.  I can’t do anything!”  Ava pushed Jaejoong off, trying to hide her face desperately with her dark blue scarf.

“You’re gorgeous.  Trust me.”  Jaejoong rubbed her arm, initiating her forward.

***

“You did great.”  Jaejoong pat her arm, soothing her.

“I should pay you back, Oppa.”  Ava smiled at Jaejoong, happy.

“You don’t ne-“

Ava grasped Jaejoong’s collar, pulling him down into a kiss.  She smiled through the kiss as she felt Jaejoong’s smile also.  She grasped his waist with her other hand, letting go of the red balloon.

__________________________________

Apply for oneshots here: Here!