Sad Ending

Leaving

 

Kai took a deep breath and nodded, "Yes hyung.".
 
Luhan sniffed and tried his best to smile. Kai gave him a soft smile and placed his chin on top of Luhan's head, 'I'm so sorry, hyung, but I'm doing this for the both of us. I'm doing this so both of us won't hurt anymore,', he thought and let a tear slip from his eyes. Kai heaved a sigh and closed his eyes, "I'm so sorry, hyung.", he mumbled softly. 
 
"It's okay, Kai." Luhan looked up to him and smiled warmly. Kai then lead his head back to where it was. "It's late, hyung. We should sleep.", Kai whispered.
 
Luhan just nodded and yawned. He closed his eyes and slowly drifted into a deep sleep. 
 
Kai carefully slipped Luhan's arm off of his waist. He laid his head down on the pillow and got up slowly, not wanting Luhan to wake up in the process. He walked back to his room and started packing his things in a backpack. After packing up, he slipped the bag on his back and walked to Luhan's room. He sat on the bed and took Luhan's hand in his. He kissed the knuckles of the small hand, brushed the bangs off of Luhan's forehead and gave it a peck. He took a small piece of paper in his pocket and placed it on Luhan's sidetable. He walked out of the room and closed the door gently.
 
The next day, Luhan woke up late. He rubbed his eyes, "J-Jongin?". He shot up when he felt no one beside him. He stumbled from his bed and went out. He ran to the younger man's room and was shocked to see the bed neatly done. Jongin doesn't usually make his bed when he wakes up. Luhan opened Jongin's closet, hoping his things are still there. To his dismay, they weren't. All of them were gone. He walked back to his room with a blank face, lips quivering. He sat on his bed, and finally saw a piece of paper on his side table, which now made a confirmation that Jongin had left.
 
(Picture ng note.)
 
5 years later..
 
Luhan is now a singer and a dancer. He went on with his dream without forgetting his beloved bestfriend. 
 
Luhan was waiting in the backstage for his performance. He took a nap, and was awakened by one of the coordi-noonas when he's supposed to go on stage in 3 minutes. He took a deep breath and smiled. He went on with his performance. He was still a rookie, and it amused him how he had sp many fans so fast. 
 
When he finished with his performance, he bowed 90 degrees and smiled widely, which earned him squeals from the fans. The hosts joined him in the middle on the stage and started interviewing him. After quite a few questions the hosts thanked him and Luhan bowed once again to his fans and thanked them. Before he got off stage, he caught a glimpse of a very familiar face. Kai. Kim Jongin. His bestfriend.
 
After walking through a lot of people congratulating him, he finally got to where he could see the audience in a good angle. He looked around and saw his bestfriend looking at him with glassy eyes. His face was almost halfway covered with his scarf. He has a hat and a coat on. When Luhan was about to run to him, Kai threw him a soft smile that says they'll meet again and walked away. Luhan was happy to see Kai once again, even though he left him, he's still his bestfriend.