Chapter 2

Outsider

 

Chapter 2

I sat by the window of my apartment listening to songs on my iPod. I like my apartment, it’s small with a little bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. My 18th birthday passed in a slow manor, the whole week I was ’bothered’ by Minjun spending the nights with him. On Friday, which was my birthday, I took a coco pie and stuck a candle in it. I sang to myself, and cried because at that time I was with Minjun in the other room sleeping. But luckily it’s all over now, I can live free and alone. I just been wondering something, Minjun owns this apartment but, there’s nothing between us anymore. Would he sign it over to me?

*

Why would I ask him to come over? I really want him to sign over this apartment to me. I don't have to have with him anymore since the deal is over. I paced back and forth in the kitchen. I heard a knock on the door and I ran over and let Minjun in, he didn’t look happy at all, I pulled him over to the couch and sat him down. "What do you want Minyeon?"

"Well...” I bit my lip and fiddle with my fingers. "Since the deals over I want you to sign the apartment to me. I can support myself."

“You really think you can get away from me so easily, don't you?" Minjun said in a deep voice with stern eyes.

"Will you just stop with the threats already?" I said quietly with my head hung low.

"wow, you become my toy and you think once your of age it will all happy." he got up off the couch and bent down to see me eye to eye," well sorry princess, I don't think I'll end thing with you that easily. You see," he play with my hair and I sat there with a scared expression," I think you’re a great tease, so why don't we just and have a good time?"

He tried to kiss my neck but I slapped his cheek hard, both of us where surprised. He smirked and I knew what was about to happen. "Think you're tough don't you?"

He grabbed my hair and pulled me down to the ground. I clutched onto his wrist as he pulled me into my bathroom. He the bath and bent down on his knee's to see me. He grabbed my shirt collar," you really need to learn a lesson."

He kicked me in the stomach until I spit up blood. By then the bath was filled and he threw me in trying to drown me he lifted me up and slapped my cheek. I shouted and screamed when he hit and threw me in the water. He took me out and slammed me against the wall, “WHY?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!!?”

"BECAUSE! TRASH LIKE YOU DESERVE THIS!" he yelled into my face, tears streamed down my face as he pulled me into the kitchen and grabbed a knife out of the drawer and pressed it against my cheek. He screamed random saying how worthless I am in my face. He tear of blood feel from my cheek. "Save your tears for your pillow."

He took his belt and tied me to the towel rack; He took out a cigarette and lit up. He took a couple drags and looked at it curiously then looked back at me. He took one of my tied up wrist and burned me with the cigarette. He cut my hands and arms several times and I screamed for help. He slapped and punched my face and dragged me by my hair into the bedroom. He opened my closet and through me in it. He kicked me once last time in the stomach making blood to come out from my mouth before locking the closet door.

Four days later~

He's finally gone, I missed the four days of school, it's now Friday and I finally got out of the closet. I put on my uniform whit shaky hands hoping to get to cover up my cuts and buries. I put on thigh high tights covering up my legs. He let me out saying that if I ever bring up something like that it will be even worse. The only reason I came out during those days was for him to me, nothing else. The only thing I ate was a apple. I learned how to go without eating for several days since I used to be homeless. I went into the bathroom to splash water on my face. I looked into the mirror so see my bruise and cut up cheeks cheeks. I has a cut on my lip I touched it with my hand but got freaked I saw my hands. They had gashes and cut all over them. I shuffled through my medicine cabinet to grab badges. I wrapped them around my hand so I could see them. I feel so weak. I went into the kitchen to grab a bottled water. I drank it all in a gulp and grabbed another to put I my backpack. I grabbed a piece of fruit and ate it. I went into the bathroom to check something, I pulled out my scale and stepped on it. The weight popped up and read 39kg. I sighed I lost 2kg I am no scarily underweight. I grabbed my backpack and shoes and headed for school.

I got to school on time and walked into my classroom.  I got stared at by my classmates. The teacher was at his desk and saw me and looked at me. I sat down in my seat and slightly bowed to my seat partner. He had earbuds in but he took them out when he saw my face. He was about to say something but the teacher called my name, "Ahn Minyeon, can you see me in the hall."

I followed Mr. Kim into the hall.  "follow me."

We walked into the teacher's room, I got nervous. I cannot let anyone know about what Minjun does to me. It will only cause me more harm. He told me to sit in the chair while he sat in the chair across from me. There was no one else in the room but us. “Where have you been the last four days."

"I was sick." I half lied.

"I know that but we got a call from an anonymous person saying you were sick. We looked into it and it said you have no guardian listed. I want you to tell why that is."

"My- My parents aren’t with me." How could they just notice that now?

"Do you know who was the person who called in for you is?"

"No."

"Where you really sick?"

"Yes..." Why do he have to ask so many questions?

"How come your hands are warped?"

"I- I cut my self while cooking."

"What happened to your face?" I didn't know how to lie to that question, so I just stayed quite. "I see, go back to class, I left all your missing work in your desk."

I bowed and left the room, I walked back to my class and went straight to my seat. I sat down and ran my hand through my hair. I flinched when I felt a hand on my neck. I looked the side to see Seunghyun rubbing his thumb over a spot on my neck. I don't know why but the spot hurt as he touched it. I pulled my hair over my neck so he would stop. "Who did this to you?"

I tensed up for the whole year so far he never said a word. He would just stare out the window with an angry expression on his face. "It doesn't matter."

"You’re not fooling anyone you know." he said turning back to the window.

"I'm not trying to fool anyone." What there to hide anymore, it won’t affect anyone or thing.

"If you want me to believe you show me what's behind the bandages." he pointed to my hands, I hid my hands behind my back... He pulled one of my hands from behind my back and started to unwrap it, " don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

 

"There’s no one to tell." he finished unwrapping my hand, he pulled my hand under the desk so no one could see. He looked at the marks in my hands and gently rubbed his hand over them.

"Did you tend them?" he asked still examining my hand.

"No."

"Is you hand your only injury?" He asked while wrapping my hand back up. I shook my head. He bit his lip at looked at me "come with me."

He got up and led me into the nurse’s room. He said the nurse hasn’t been here for the past week so he could help me. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. He unwrapped my hand and put something that stung on them, then he put some healing agent on them and wrapped them better then I did. He did the same thing to my neck and face. "take off your stockings, don't worry I'm not a ert."

I hesitated, I wasn't sure anymore. Every man I ever know has hurt me. My father, brother, and Minjun. How do I know he won't too. He started to roll down my tights for me but I slapped his hand away. Now I'm scared. "Scared of me? What's there to be scared about?" he looked in a mirror and looked at himself up and down. He does look scary he's really tall and has a intimidating stare. "oh... Well, don't be."

"just let me go back to class, I have lots of work."  I walked out of the room and I heard him say "whatever". Went back to my desk and sat down. I looked at all the assignments I had to do. I pushed it all aside and took out a blank piece of paper and wrote 'the plan' at the top. Below that I wrote;

'Step one. Quit and find a something better.

Step 2- move

Step 3- STAY AWAY FROM MINJUN.

If I fail to do so disappear, and end it all