Chapter 3

Outsider

 

Chapter 3

After school I went to the computer cafe to look for a new job and apartment. I didn't have a computer at my house because I would never use it, and I have easy access here. I the computer and went on the internet; I searched and searched for apartments. Most of the where too expensive or did not have a good location. I finally found one after an hour of searching, it was small but fit for one person. There was only one room not including the bathroom, it had a greenhouse window that you can store plants in too. It was perfect, good price, near school, and a good space. I printed out the info on it and the contact information, I left the café and picked up my phone and called the club. I don’t want to waste any time with my plan, I’m quitting that job. “Hello, this is Spectrum can I help you?”

“This is Minyeon, can I speak to the boss?” I said into the phone.

“Ah, yes, wait a minute.” I waited until the phone was picked up by the boss, or Minjun’s father, “what is it Minyeon?”

“Sir, I would like to quit.” There was a little of a silence.

“And why is that? The deal is over now and you can work without a problems.”  ‘Without problems? There’s a problem where ever I go.’

“No, I can’t. Did Minjun tell you what happen this week?”  I looked around the area and leaded ageists the wall.

“What did he ‘do’ this time?” He said in a sarcastic tone. He always thinks I’m lying and trying to find a reason to get out of the contract, but every time I am telling the truth.

“I asked him to sign over the apartment over to me but he ended up locking me in a closet for four days that is why I’m quitting, so I don’t have to deal with this kind of anymore! You’re lucky I didn’t file a lawsuit a long time ago!”

“You would have lost any way, the ones with money always win, and the poor lose. Know your place Minyeon.” I greeted my teeth and called the rich all the names that are meant for them ‘bastard, -faced es, little ing douche bags.’ “I’m glad you’re resigning Minyeon, I know you were going to turn up here one day pregnant with someone’s baby like s like you do. So Say goodbye to your apartment and everything else you own, you put me in a good mood so I’ll give you enough time to get the hell out!”

I hung up the phone with frustration then I heard a voice that shocked me, “so what happened to you.”

It was Seunghyun I jumped, “how long where you standing there?”

“Pretty much the whole time, so… are you ok?”  He asked while putting a hand on my shoulder, I don’t know why but I felt flushed. I broke down crying, that was the first time someone has asked me that. I quickly hugged him and just stayed there crying into his chest. I took him a bit to react until he started patting my back.

“No… I’m definitely not ok.”  I hugged him tighter with fragile arms.

“I overheard that you kind of got kicked out of our apartment, do you have some where to stay tonight?” He asked slowly hugging me back.

“Yeah I did, and I have nowhere to go.”

“You can stay with me I you really have nowhere to go.” I was slightly taken back by that. I looked up at him with my teary eyes.

“Really?” He slowly nodded. “Thank you so much but there’s something I have to do first.”

 

*

Seunghyun’s POV

We walked into her apartment, it was practically empty, there was a few books laying around. There was no couch, no television, no table; it looked like someone just moved in with out all the boxes. I heard a clacking on the wood floor and from around the corner a German Shepard puppy pawed at her leg. She picked him up and played with his ears in her arms. I watched her smile and make faces at the dog, I smiled at her cuteness. She told me she had to take her stuff or else it would be taken away. I followed her into her bedroom, it was messy, the bed was all messed up but it was very terrifying too. There was a blood stain in the sheets, a bloody belt on the floor, and not alone the closet. I overheard her saying that this Minjun locked her in the closet for four days; I don’t think she told the whole story; she was definitely beaten and . Minyeon Just stood there, frozen. I went over to her and put my hand on her shoulder, “wait in the other room I take you stuff out there, tell me what you want to take.”

“grab my clothes, and everything in the bins beside my bed… thank you.” She tried to smile but didn’t quite do it, and left. I took off my uniform blazer and rolled up my sleeves. I went over to her closet, I cover my mouth at the sight, there was ripped clothes cover in blood at the bottom, and the wood on the closet was breaking, markings and bloodstains on the walls. What did a girl like that do to deserve this, she so quiet and docile? I thought she was just a preppy girl that was spoiled by her parents or something like that. Sometimes she would come to school with hickies so everyone thought she was a . That was until one day when she came to school with a massive hicky on her neck and this huge bruise on her thigh. I was the only one who noticed it though; nobody seemed to give a about her. She came to school with huge bags under her eyes, hickies on her, bandages covering her, but I feel like now, I’m just like everyone else, I did do anything to help her. And when I finally asked her if she was okay, she seemed like it was the happiest moment of her life. I grabbed the few articles of clothing she had and put them in a suitcase I found. She had a small dresser in the corner of the room, I went over to it and opened the top draw, my jaw dropped. It was filled with lingerie, corsets, thighs highs, garter belts, lace underwear and bras, I felt myself get hard. I readjusted my pants and left it in there only grabbing normal underwear; I threw everything else in the suit case too. She didn’t have much clothes like most girls I know, it only filled the bag, just barely. I went to where the bins where, there was two small bins, there were full of papers, and books, I shrugged my shoulders and was about to pick them up when I heard yelling and dog barking from the other room.

“You little !! Did you not learn your ing lesson?” I heard a deep voice yell then a crash. I ran into the other room, there was a broken vase on the ground and a man that looks older than me held Minyeon by her collar. He glared at me and I glared right back, “Who the are you?!”

“What are you doing to Minyeon?” I said in a clam tone. Minyeon looked at me with tears in her eyes.

“Putting a like this in her rightful place.” he threw her on the floor, I stepped forward went her body hit the floor . I reached into my pocket and grabbed hold of my knife, He walked towards me and got right in my face. I looked over his shoulder to see Minyeon struggling to get up and her dog her face, I tried to go over to her but he pushed me back. I punched him right in the cheek and he fell to the ground, stone cold. I went to Minyeon and helped her up, her hair was tussled and she had tears in her eyes.

“Go get your stuff and let go.” she nodded her head and grabbed an old looking guitar case. I followed her into the bed room and told her to take the suit case and I’ll take the bins. I grabbed her backpack and purse and threw it on my back and arm. She grabbed a bag that had a dog carrier in it and put her dog in it and put the bag around her shoulder .We hurried out of the apartment and closed the door behind us. We went to the elevator and went down to the first level. She looked very uneasy and nervous, she turned to me about to say something but I talked instead, “ don’t worry I wont ask any questions.”

“No, you have a right to know, you helped me and you should know who your helping right?” She said looking at me with a soft smile, I smiled back. She different, she isn’t afraid to hide things but, she acts like everyone is against her. I’m not against her, she is like a lost puppy. Ever since I saw her come to school with bruises on her I started taking interest in her. Every day she ate lunch alone, did talk to anyone, hung her head low when she was talked too, and in class she never did anything other then school work and read.

“I can wait, story time later?” I look at her with a smile. She was playing with her dog through the little door of the bag.

“Sure.” She continued playing. “You don’t mind Mo-Jo right?”

“what’s Mo-Jo?”

“This is Mo-Jo!” She picked him up right under his arms and put her face next to his. Mo-Jo her face and she laughed.

“it’s okay.”

“where do you live?” She asked while putting the dog back into the carrier.

“Hongdae, It might be a little crowded, but I know the ways to get away from the crowds.” The cab ride was short and it wasn’t long before ride ended. She got out of the car while I paid the guy, when I was done I got out and pulled the bags and bins from the trunk. We took the same bags we carried out, I led the way to my apartment. “it’s no too far from here.”

“Okay” She tugged on her bags.

Minyeon’s POV

We arrived at his ‘apartment’ which was more like a old garage. The whole outside was covered in graffiti. He went over to the door and opened it with his key but before he opened the door he turned around and looked me right in the eye, “What ever you see in here you tell no one, not a soul.”

“Um..” what if he has a dead body or something in there? Or maybe there something really embarrassing, I’ll hope for that, “okay.”

He opened the door and we walked through a short hall way which leads into an open room, there was a small TV with a love seat that was cover in blankets, a little kitchen with a tabled used as a counter, then gate wall which on the other side was a bed with a lot of cubbies beside it. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary until I set my things down and Let Mo-Jo out and he walked over to something. Where I found him he was next to about 20 bricks of , ‘OMG, his a dealer.’ I stayed calm picked Mo-Jo up away from the pile, “Nice place…”

“thanks, do you want to change out of your uniform and we can go get something to eat.” he was setting the rest of my things down.

“uh sure.” I went over to me suit case and grabbed the handle “where can I change?”

“the bathroom is over there.” he pointed to a small door next to the kitchen area. I walked through the door and placed my bag on the ground. I opened it and grabbed a pair of jeans and a red sweater. I put my uniform back in and zipped up the bag. I went to the mirror to freshen up; I slapped my face with some water. I leaned on the sink, I need to take everything in, No more work, on more Minjun, and no more restless nights. I smiled at myself, like I’d never smiled before, I couldn’t stop smiling. I walked out of the bathroom and placed my bag at the wall. I looked at Seunghyun and he was wearing an Obey Sweatshirt and he was slightly sagging his dark grey jeans. “So what kind of food do you like?”

“Anything really.”

“Barbeque?”

“Uhh, sure.”

 

“Cool, lets go, It’s just around the corner.” He grabbed his hat and gestured me to come.

“How about you tell me that story?”

“I don’t know, I having a good time and that will bring the mood down, don’t you think so?” I asked. I’m too tired to think of my past, as far as I know this is the best day of my life so far, and I won’t let anything ruin that.

“So is it a sad story, drama, love, or are you some kind of secret agent sent her to kill the president?” I laughed at his serious face then he started laughing too.

“It, it is a sad, drama, I guess.”

“I’ll be anticipating it.” he smiled, “So, what’s was with the guitar, it looked really old.”

“That? It’s just a silly passion”

“No passion is silly.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and stared up at the foggy skies. I was about to reply but s splitting headache hit, I clutched the side of my head and stumbled to the ground. My heart was racing, every inch of my body was pounding. When my knee’s hit the ground thy hearing was muffled and I could only hear the faint voice of Seunghyun and the loud ringing in my ear before I out.


don't think I update this frequently, I just had these typed up already