Surprise!

SHINee Knights

~Ae Sook’s POV~

I woke up to an empty room.  I was tucked under Minho’s blanket. So warm… I threw the blanket aside to be attacked by the cold. Crawling under the bunk bed and off of Onew’s bed, I made it to the floor. Outside the room, breakfast was being cooked and the chatter of the T.V. was the only thing on.  The boys sat around the living room, filling up every spot on the sofa.

I sat on the floor by Onew’s legs and rested my head against them. I started running my hands through my hair, getting caught on small knots that made me pull strands out.  Onew caught my hand and started to control it like I was a stuffed animal. He made me ruffle my hair making some land in front of my eyes. I took my other hand and brushed the hair away, making my hand skim my lips. Hard, but soft… warm… gentle… What the hell was that? All these feelings invaded my brain suddenly; they weren’t scary feelings more like comforting. I looked over to see Minho looking at me from the corner of his eye.

“Breakfast is ready!!” Kyung Mi shouted.

~~~

After breakfast, I did my daily morning routine and was dressed for the day.  The boys were lazing around the house today, watching T.V., surfing the web, whatever they could do to fill their boredom.  “Ae Sook… come over here…” I looked over at the door and saw Minho. “Come on, get your shoes on. I have a surprise.” I felt my heart flutter at the sound of a surprise. We slipped out the door without anyone being the wiser.

Minho and I were out on the street in seconds. The air was warm and sticky. I could actually hear my hair frizzing. “What’s this surprise you speak of?” He just cracked a smile at me and put his arm on my waist. The heat on my waist rose severely.

“You’ll see…” We kept walking for a few more blocks till we reached a little café. Minho led me through the door. The café darkly lit with beige, black, and red walls. He steered us to a back corner booth that blocked a view for any curious lookers.

“Mah… Minho what are we doing here for?” I started fidgeting in my seat. Why does this feel like a date…? What is Minho planning…?

“I just thought it would be nice to get out the house for once without everyone else.” Minho was looking everywhere but at me.  He was fiddling with his thumbs. He looked all around nervous. There was a silence for a while. “Ummmm… How about I got get something for us to eat or drink?” I nodded in response.

“What is Minho doing? This doesn’t seem like him at all…” I mumbled to myself. Flashes of Minho looking at me with a smile on his face came to mind. Where did that come from? I pressed my hand to lips and got the same feeling as before. I saw Minho coming back with iced coffee and a variety of little desserts.  The feelings I got from touching my lips intensified from just looking at him.

“Okay, here is everything. I didn’t know what you would want so I got a lot of desserts and got you the same drink I always get.” He sat the platter in front me and my eyes went big.  “You can have as many as you want. I’m not a big sweet eater.”

He handed me my coffee and I took a sip. Ick, it was pretty much black. I grabbed the container with the sugar and almost poured half the glass. I heard Minho let out a laugh. “What? It tastes black.” I stuck out my tongue to show my disgust.

“Sorry, but I mean, that’s a lot of sugar.” He smiled at me. “Maybe that’s why you taste like sugar…” He mumbled under his breath. What does he mean by that? I reached for a small piece of chocolate cake. I nibbled on it while thinking about Minho just said.  GAH! Why is he so confusing?

“Ae Sook, you have a little something right here.” He pointed to the side of his mouth and I where he said. “No, it’s still there.” I tried again. He shook his head. I tried a few more times till Minho just shook his head and let out a sign. “Here I’ll get it.” Minho leaned over the table grabbed a hold of my chin. He brought his face ever so close to mine then the side of my mouth. “There got it.”

My face felt like it was on fire and I was frozen in place. Minho was staring in my eyes, trying to figure out my reaction.  “Wwwhhhhaaa—” He pressed his lips to mine, softly. The feelings that invaded my brain earlier came back to me. Minho had kissed me before but when?

Minho pulled himself away slowly trying to gag my reaction. “You still taste as sweet.”

“What? When?” I let out a sign, all these thoughts running through my head. “Why?”

“I don’t really know. It just feels right to do it.  Was it too much?” He looked nervous again.

I shook my head. “No, it just… surprising. But it does feel… right.” I looked at him and he nodded. 

We sat there in a comfortable silence. I think we were both trying to figure out what happens now.

~Kyung Mi’s POV~

Taemin’s arms were around me when I woke up.  This was in my dream and he also…  I wriggled my body out his grasp and moved off the bed slowly so I wouldn’t wake him or any of the other members up.

I sat on the couch in the living room and thought about my dream. I remember dreaming about something horrible, but I can’t make the picture out what it was. Then I heard Taemin’s voice soothing the images away. Warmth filled my body when I heard his voice. Then his lips were on my face, kissing it all over the place then finally on my… lips.

Ah…I felt my cheeks flush at thought. In the dream it felt so real… I wonder how they feel in real life.

~~~

I was out on the balcony taking in the fresh air. Minho and Ae Sook returned a little while ago from where ever they went. Key was going crazy when he found they weren’t in the dorm. They were getting severely scolded now. From what I saw from the scolding, they didn’t mind, they had on smiles like they had a big secret between the two of them. I’ll get Ae Sook to tell me later.

The breeze was blowing my hair around my face, shielding my eyes from the view of the street. Someone opened the sliding door behind me. I brushed the hair from my face and turned to be face to face with Taemin. Ah… I took two steps to the left to put space between our faces. The image of him kissing me was stuck in my head.

“What are you planning later?” Taemin dropped his eyes to his feet and was moving one foot’s toe back and forth in front of him.

“Well, I planned to stay here the rest of the day and bore myself to death, but I’m open to ideas.”

Taemin let out a laugh and I saw him relax. “I was thinking we could go to Lotte World. It’s a huge park with a bunch of rides and whatnot.”

“Ah, I’ve heard of the park! I always wanted to go!” I started to jump up and down, squealing. “The other members are coming too?”

“Uh… well not really, I don’t think Key would want us to leave, but there really isn’t anything to do and…”

It only took a second before making up my mind. “Let’s go then! I mean Minho and Ae Sook snuck out earlier so let’s do it!” We’ll just have to bear the scolding from Key but how bad could that be?

Taemin and I waited till no one was in the living room and ran out the door. We didn’t really stop running till we got in a crowded area. I don’t anyone even noticed we left, but I liked the adventure of it all. We hit the subway and we were off to Lotte World.

The park is huge! When we walked up all I could see were rides sticking over the top of the park. My heart was pounding in my chest. This will be so friggin AWESOME!  Taemin paid for the tickets and we were in.  I finally knew what Taemin felt like the all the time. My brain took on the mindset of a kid in the candy store. Taemin and I were running around trying every ride we saw:  Gyro Drop, Gyro Swing, Giant Loop, Jungle Adventure, and a bunch of other rides.

One of the rides, Ghost House, was really scary. They made us put on headphones so every scream and sound was right in my ear. Several times I jumped towards Taemin and clutched his arm really hard. He didn’t seem to notice or mind. I peeked at his face one time when I did it and he had a huge smile on his face.

I was exhausted after a few hours of running around the park, but it was a lot of fun. It gets dark real fast when you are having fun. “Taemin, I think we should be heading back soon before Key sends the police.”

“I guess you’re right, but there is just one more ride I want to do before we leave.” He led me over to this ride with fake hot air balloons. It was called Aeronauts Balloon Ride and only two people could ride at a time. We got into a blue and yellow one and we were off on a fake balloon ride. Below everything was glittery with all the lights.

“O my gosh, everything is so pretty from up here…” I murmured.

“I knew you would really like this ride.”

I nodded and stared down at the scene.

“Kyung Mi, ummm…” I turned at the call of my name and looked at Taemin. He was doing that nervous thing he did earlier on the balcony. 

“What is it Taemin? You can tell me.”

“Well, it’s kind of hard, I mean… with everything you’re going through so it doesn’t seem like the right time to say it…”

“Taemin, just tell me, I can handle it.”

“Well… ummm, let’s see… when Key brought you back to the dorm I thought you were really pretty, and now that we’ve spent a lot of time together, I think I’ve…” He took a really long pause, “fallen for you.” He shouted the words at me before his mouth would stop him.

I felt my heart skip a beat and a blush spread across my cheeks. I looked back at what was below us, a thousand and one thoughts running through my head. “Really?” I mumbled to him but more to myself.

Taemin rest his hand on my shoulder and I turned to look at him. He nodded and pressed his lips to my cheek. “I really think I have.”

“It’s weird… in high school, I had no luck such with any guy than I have you standing right in front of me telling you like me. One weird situation after another…”

“Why are you crying?” I touched my cheek and saw he was right. Why am I crying?

“I just don’t know more, I mean, all this stupid crap is happening and I just don’t know what to do anymore. Then you come out and say that, it’s so surreal…” I feel down on knees and let a few tears slid down my cheek. “The weird thing is… I feel the same way.”

I heard Taemin release the breath he was holding and lifted me back on my feet. “I’ll make everything better so things won’t be as weird. I promise to make you happy all the time.”

I let out a laugh then. “You already do make me happy all the time. Every time I see you, I feel my sprits lift and when I cry you always seem to be the catching the tears.”

I saw Taemin smile in the dim light. He leaned forward and planted a kiss on my lips. “Then I’ll just have to get rid of all the weird things.” He kissed me again. “It’s a promise sealed with a kiss.”

My heart fluttered and we stood there smiling at each other with goofy smiles.