Chapter 4- 왜 실행합니까- Why do you run?

Literally Falling For You

 

I'm so sorry guys, I've had a lot going on, you've deserved better, sorry, sorry, sorry, but here is a chapter to make up for it. I swear I'll be better

SO SORRY! This um, contains swearing and a little gore, but it's not too bad.

_______

 

Sehun was upset, his eyes gazed out at the dark wet campus, it was freezing and Luhan had just run off without a jacket or shoes.

 

 He was going to be hypothermic in a little while. Sehun though back to the broken look in Luhan’s eyes and swallowed dryly what could cause such a look? 

 

It had to be abuse. It was the only explanation. Sehun whipped around the corner and pulled out his cell phone and hitting speed dial number 9.

 

“Hello, this is Jongin the great and powerful,” Came the boys droll reply, which on this particular night brought no smile to Sehun’s face.

 

“Luhan is missing!”

 

“What?” Jongin said his voice sobering immediately. Sehun grimaced and looked over his shoulder.

 

“Yeah he just ran off! Look I know we need to be careful who we go Exo on, but now would be a good time for you to help me!” 

 

“I will but...Look he’s not one of us as much as we all like him, he just isn’t remember that.”

 

“I know, now just help me!”

 

“Fine I’ll find your boyfriend!”

 

“He’s not my-” Sehun rebuttal was cut off with a click as Jongin hung up.

 

                                                                      +++

 

Luhan looked at his feet and wondered if it was bad they had gone numb, his mind wandered as he meandered through the small park.  His eyes watered some more and Luhan reached up and wiped his eyes, wincing as the pain only increased. Although he was cold the frigid air helped the throbbing in his face and cooled the ache. 

 

But it did nothing for the feeling of fear and humiliation resting like a vice around his heart.

 

You are such a freak! Why did you run off like a complete crazy person! 

 

Luhan shook his head at the thoughts and grabbed his hair and tugged trying to pull them from his head and leave them in the rain. The grass was cool and the trees rustled as he walked to a bench and sat down burring his head in his hands. 

 

Why had he ben born so different? 

 

Why did he have to like guys? 

 

Why did his roommate have to be so good looking and...perfect? 

 

Why was he remembering things he should have left buried?

 

Why, why, WHY? 

 

Luhan pulled himself in a tighter ball and sniffled a little before sneezing quietly and twitching his toes. 

 

Opening his eyes he looked to the side and saw a rock or two next to the bench, his first instinct was to go back to sulking but looking closer he saw that the rocks weren’t rocks but rather drops of congealing blood.

 

Hi breath caught as he blinked and the feeling of humiliation molted into something else, fear.

 

“What the-” Luhan said rising and walking toward then line, he leaned down and touched one of the small droplets and noticed that it was still wet, some had been bleeding recently.

 

That’s when Luhan felt it, a cold drilling sensation like someone was watching him, he turned and looked behind him to see nothing and the  turned back and looked at the ground where the next rock was supposed to be.

 

He walked over to a spot on the grass and stopped and looked down, there was a puddle, quite a large one and he wondered if the person had walked some other way when the moon peaked from behind a cloud and he realized that the puddle wasn’t made of water. 

 

Only one thing reflected like that.

 

Blood. 

 

Horrified Luhan recoiled but realized if someone had lost this much blood they might be in serious trouble. Luhan bend closer  to see if they had dropped anything. He whipped out his phone and began to dial the emergency number when suddenly a hand came down on his shoulder.

 

“Luhan!”

 

“AHHHHH!” Luhan yelled and jumped four feet in the air! 

 

Spinning of his heal he looked to see Jongin staring at him with a strange look on his face.

 Luhan took a moment to realize he was brandishing the cell phone like a weapon and his hair was probably whipped into complete disorder. Not to mention he looked like he had been punched, he had never been a pretty cryer. 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, no... I guess?” Luhan said and Jongin blinked.

 

“Which one,” His brow was raised in question and Luhan rethought his discovery and shivered.

 

“No.”

 

“Okay lets get back to the dorm, you have no shoes and Sehun is worried.”

 

“No, no look!” Luhan said and grabbed Jongin’s shirt and yanked him to the ground pointing to the floor.

 

“Do you see that?”

 

“What?”

 

“The stuff all over the ground.”

 

“Yeah so its a park I’m sure people spill stuff all the time- Wait is that blood?”

 

“Yes!” Luhan said and Jongin straightened up.

 

“I’m calling the others.”

 

“Shouldn’t we call the police?” Luhan said, waving the half dialed number at the boy. Jongin looked at him with a weird expression and cleared his throat.

 

“No what if its nothing they’ll think we’re pranking them... that, for sure, will go on our record.” 

 

“But-”

 

“Look Luhan this is college, you may come from a small town or some but this isn’t for you to deal with stop acting like you can,” Jongin snarled and Luhan flinched back nearly dropping his phone and staring at the boy with hurt eyes.

 

Wasn't that why most people called the police?

 

Luhan nodded and looked back at the ground, he wasn’t going to stand here and be yelled at. He admitted he didn’t know much, if Jongin could deal with it, then let him.

 

Luhan sighed as he heard Jongin start to tell the story over the phone, his voice wavered as he walked back in forth. 

 

Suddenly there was a slight rustle and Luhan tilted his head slighting ears straining for the source of the sound.

 

Gazing up Luhan suddenly locked eyes with someone standing be hind a tree, the eyes were dark and the hair glossy. 

 

“Hello?” Called Luhan, the man suddenly whipped around and sprinted off into the wooded area of the park. 

 

“Wait!” called Luhan and dashed after him. 

 

“, Luhan where are you going!” Yelled Jongin as he hung up the phone and chased after the blond boy who weaved between trees. 

 

The night air was dark and the moon was covered by the city lights in the distance reflected on the sky and the tree branch’s swaying in the autumn wind.

 

Luhan tried to see through the trees to find the man but had not luck, the wind was starting to cut through his clothing and he was shivering.

 

“Luhan?! Luhan where are you...Christ this kid,” Jongin yelled.

 

 Questions pinged in his head like loose screws and he simply nodded at the pathway. Then looked to the side, only to see the boy standing there looking at him again. 

 

“I’m not going to hurt you! What’s wrong?” Luhan asked and the boy turned swiftly again and disappeared down the path once more. 

 

“,” Luhan swore and ran after him, ducking around a branch and lengthening his stride. He reached out with a foot and it landed on nothing. 

 

With a yelp, Luhan was sent flying, he landed on his shoulder and rolled down the hill and into a ditch.

“ing hell! Luhan!” Jongin yelled as he saw the boy tumble down a incline head first. Luhan groaned and rubbed his head.

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” Luhan said and looked at his hand only to see it covered in blood, he gasped and wondered if he had split his head open without realizing it. 

 

Then Luhan looked down.

 

The boy with the dark hair and eyes was there, but there was one big difference between him now and when Luhan had seen him last. 

 

It was the fist-size hole in his chest. 

 

Luhan screamed and scrambled away, his head spinning and he choked on his tongue and felt sick. 

 

“What’s wrong Luhan?” Jongin yelled and Luhan coughed dryly before he yelled back. 

 

“Dead body!” 

 

“Excuse me?” Jongin said his voice wavering and Luhan lost it, the boys eyes were wide and unseeing and the pools of blood around him seemed almost surreal to Luhan. 

 

“There is a ing dead body down here with me, this person is ing dead! !” 

 

Luhan normally would never swear but if there was any time to loose it it was this. 

 

“God, okay stay there, the others are coming,” Jongin hollered back and Luhan gaped. He turned away from the body and looked up the hill, trying to see through the murky trees and limited light to Jongin’s shadowy figure. 

 

“I have been beaten by doors, bathrooms, friends, not-friends and house parties, I expected that,” Luhan sounded slightly hysterical, “what I did not expect was a DEAD BODY, GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!”

 

Oh course it was just his luck to feel a hand on his shoulder, Luhan turned slowly and felt his throat close as he saw the hand on his shoulder was almost paper white and cover in blood. Luhan looked and saw slightness eyes staring at him. 

 

“Help...” the body groaned and Luhan took a breath, screamed at the top of his lung before falling over in a dead faint.

 

College was not what it cracked up to be.