Chapter 2- 우리가 밤새 가게- Shop till we drop

Literally Falling For You

 

 

Luhan blinked owlishly into the sunlight that streamed in through the window, his head hurt like someone had drove a steam roller over it, though he could also compare it to being elbowed in his face. 

 

He rolled over and then sat up suddenly remembering where he was.

 

Collage, strip poker, blood, handsome men...now it all clicked.

 

 Looking around he saw he was alone in his room and then his eyes landed on a note by the door. It was scribbled and hastily written but Luhan, who had gotten up to get it, could read it fine.

 

Luhan,

 

We have to go out today so you get the dorm to yourself, sorry about yesterday, we'll be back tonight. Pain killers and compresses in kitchen. If you need anything help yourself.

 

-Sehun

 

Luhan blinked and smiled, perfect he could put his room together now. Sehun had helped him bring up the rest of his things and now he was all alone.

 

Luhan breathed deeply and sat in his bed, then his eyes snapped open and he stared at the box on the floor his pupils dilating hugely.

 

Come!

 

The box began to rattle then slide across the floor. As if by it own will it stopped at Luhan's feet and he smiled. 

 

  Ever since he could remember he had, had an ability to move things with his mind, after research and many dead ends, he understood his power was telekinesis. Though the term didn't really categorize what he did very well at all.

 

What happened was he moved things with non verbal commands, but he didn't do it around people.

 

One, they would notice things moving by themselves. 

 

Two, Luhan's pupils dilated to the rim of the iris and back with looked creepy, the longer the command took, the longer the pupils continued to dilate. Also Luhan expended body heat, not only heat but energy, the most notable form was heat. 

 

So there was only three rules to his powers that he followed to the letter because if he didn't, well he was a person who learned from lessons and did not repeat a passed class. 

 

Rule one, do not use gift on people, it was all to easy to snap a human neck when you can’t even feel it.

 

Rule two, the mass of the object not the weight effect his power, and there is only so much Luhan could lift, the heaviest he had ever been able to was a single ton, but it had caused a nose bleed his eyes to bleed and Luhan to pass out. He never wanted to repeat the expirence. 

 

Rule three, Energy translates into fuel, use your power to many times, or for too heavy things, he would eventually fall into a semi-coma and that was not good. His metabolism sped up and he would gradually get thinner and thinner unless he ate enough to replace the loss.

 

All of this he figured out on his own and did not want an encore show. 

 

Standing Luhan flicked a hand at the door of his closet, they each had their own as the room was about as big as the commons which was strange, but there was also an adjoining room that Jong Dae and Minseok shared. 

 

As he flicked a finger at the closet the door swung open, he grinned happily and moved his hands to motion at the box of clothes which opened and the clothes began to move to respective places in the closet.

 

About an hour later Luhan was smiling at his perfectly neat set up room, the bed sheets on the closet full and his pictures, mostly of his high school friends, and his boxes put away.

 

 Standing to his full height, which wasn't much, he walked out of the room his dark blue pants dragging on the floor because of their length. 

 

Walking into the kitchen Luhan found two pain killers and drank them down with some weird pink juice that tasted like pomegranate. Putting a cool compress in his eyes to reduce the bruises and swelling he laid his head back on the couch and smiled.

 

 Classes didn't start for two weeks and he had a easy class load, dance, singing, music history, and psychology. He only hoped that the people would be a pleasure to be around, like his dorm mates.

 

Luhan had lounged all day, his head still pinging from the death blow to his face, he got up and walked into the common bathroom, it had five frosted glass stalls, with long mirrors in one side and drains on the slopping floor. It was a nice blue with windows that open onto the campus not the city unlike his bedroom, from which he could gaze at a skyline.

 

After going back and getting a change of clothes and his tooth brush and such he walked back into the bathroom and went to the counter putting all his various bit and bobs he began to brush his teeth and contemplate life's mysteries like how in hells name he was supposed to get a good nights sleep with that hot piece of meat sleeping next to him, there was only a foot gap he could easily...

 

“I'm so ed up!”

 

 Luhan concluded out loud and shucked off his clothes and jumped into a shower the tile floor making him shiver, he twisted the knob all the way to the side and shrieked as cold water exploded at him. He slipped and reached out with his mind to stop his fall.

 

He heard a crunch.

 

Looking back behind himself, Luhan saw the ground and square tiles where compacted like someone had dropped a 40 pound bowling ball. 

 

Groaning in despair Luhan stood and concentrated on the patch of floor and molded it into somewhat normal shape with a flicker of thought...It still looked like crap but better than before.

 

After showering and avoiding stepping on the broken swath of floor Luhan stepped out of the shower and got dressed, pulling on loose pants that were a pinkish orange and a t-shirt that was blue with a florescent cat on the bottom. 

 

Looking in the mirror he grinned slightly the cold compresses had helped, the bruising had gone down, it looked like it wasn't a very bad bruise as it was already a pale green, his split lip was healing nicely as well, but that was kinda strange, Luhan looked closer and raised his eyes brows, his lip was almost healed and his nose was no longer blackened at the bridge. 

 

What the hell?

 

 Blinking he shook his head and stepped back, maybe he was so tired he didn't realize his face wasn't that bad.

 

Stepping back he shook out his light red brown hair and walked out of the bathroom running straight into Sehun.

 

"Luhan...good afternoon! Are you feeling better?" Asked Sehun and Luhan nodded smiling

 

"Yes, thank you." Luhan said and Sehun nodded before taking in his appearance.

 

"You look so much better without the black eyes." Sehun winked slowly and walked past while Luhan had a coronary and his eyes popped out of his head.

 

Luhan sat on his bed fiddling with a Rubix cube and thinking about things that had gone on, he looked to his bed side table and sighed when his eye alit on his phone. It was a new phone but his family would never call him on it. 

 

He was alone from now on.

 

Frankly that was fine with him, nagging was one thing but his family took dysfunctional to a whole new level and he was glad to be out of the house. Hopefully it wasn’t an out of the frying pan into the fire situation. 

 

Which it most likely was.

 

The door creaked open and a boy stuck his head through, Luhan blinked, this boy was pretty, actually all his room mates where, they all looked...pretty. 

 

This particular boy was more manly then some and had a perfectly symmetrical face which kinda had Luhan crossed eyed for a minute.

 

"Hi, Luhan right?" Came a timid voice as the boy called Jong Dae finally walked through the door and smiled.

 

"Yeah, Jong Dae I assume."

 

"Haha yep thats me. I was wondering if you want to play poker and eat slightly burned food with us?" 

 

Jong Dae said with and smiled and Luhan nodded throwing his Rubix cube onto the bed as he got up and followed Jong Dae, who's gentle demeanor put an ease on Luhan's mind. 

 

Yet he had to wonder...what kind of poker was this because if any items of clothing disappeared he was out. 

 

                                                                   +++

 

Luhan yawned and stared at the spoon in his hand, milk dripped from it as it had been resting in his cereal but now he was bored of the cereal and checked to make sure no one was looking. 

 

Concentrating Luhan stared at the spoon and commanded it to bend. It did twisting in a spiral before righting itself again.

 

“Whoa, how you do that?” Came an amazed voice and Luhan flinched and looked seeing Kyungsoo sanding by the door staring at him. 

 

Luhan paused then smiled and said.

 

“Magic trick. I like magic tricks," It wasn't a complete lie,yet people did do tricks like that, not that he had ever tried to be a magician.

 

“Could you teach me?”

 

Now here was that catch there was no trick, Luhan cringed like crazy.

 

“Well...”

 

“Oh I get it the secrets of a magician and all its cool!” Kyungsoo smiled and Luhan almost fell over with relief. 

 

He didn't know if it was naivety or Kyungsoo was just a guy who knew when to back off.  

 

“So you coming tonight?” Kyungsoo asked and Luhan blinked in surprise.

 

“To do..?”

 

“Oh My God, Sehun forgot to tell you! Tonights this big party before the school year starts normally it's blow out!” 

 

Kyungsoo iterated smiling as Luhan grimaced, he liked a party as much as the next guy but...Collage parties were different, alcohol, drugs and were big problems and not that he was a killjoy, but collage had jus started and he didn't want to end it with a needle in his arm or choking on his own vomit. Seemed like a waste in his eyes.

 

“Haha rain check?” Luhan said brushing his hair out of his face and giving Kyungsoo a timid smile. 

 

Kyungsoo looked slightly miffed but them a cheshire cat smile creeped over his face.

 

“Oh no, your not getting out of this that easy, I don't want to go either but Jongin is going to be there and...well...”

 

“You're hoping something will happen? I don't blame you,” Luhan said with a cool smile and Kyungsoo grinned hopefully. 

 

“Yeah...you're okay with...Um, you know.”

 

“You liking guys, we bat for the same team so yeah, I'm in on the game,” Luhan said and picked up his bowl taking it to the sink and washing it.

 

“Told ya Kyungsoo,” Came a voice and Luhan turned to see Zitao leaning against the door a smirk on his face and light in his eyes.

 

“Yes, yes...why don't you go spy on Wufan and leave me and Luhan alone...you’re creepy.”

 

“Bug-eyes.”

 

“Panda!” 

 

Kyungsoo bit back causing Zitao to raise a dark eye brow and smile cynically.

 

“And you’re a jerk. Luhan is that your natural hair color?” Asked Zitao walking closer Luhan reached up to ruffle his finger through his hair and then he nodded.

 

“Kinda, I think I dyed it lighter a few years ago but it should have grown out by now.”

 

Zitao nodded and looked at Luhan, grimacing at the almost blinding T-shirt and pants, did neon actually coming in garbage green, apparently.

 

“Okay well, I think we should get your hair dyed and pick out some new clothes. You really need it.” Zitao said flatly, Luhan looked up aghast and Kyungsoo hit Zitao on the shoulder.

 

“Don't be so mean, jerk-face.”

 

“Oh come on someone had to say it, plus we can hook Chanyeol Baekhyun and Jongin into coming with us!”

 

“What about Kris?” Asked Kyungsoo, wondering why Zitao would want to do anything that didn't involve the older boy. Zitao rolled his expressive eyes and sighed.

 

“He is about as perceptive as a brick, and besides doing a straight out confession of my undying love, I don't think he’ll ever come around and frankly it hurts. I want a cheer up and dragging Luhan around like a life size barbie seems like a good way to do it.” 

 

Zitao his heel and yelled to the others to get their butts up here.

 

 Luhan was stock still...Was everyone gay?

 

Apparently. 

 

Luhan had to also realize this was not his home town and it was collage so yeah uality was a big question, though his had been solved long ago, he was about as straight as a rainbow. 

 

“Oh my god...Why are you wearing radioactive pants?” asked Baekhyun as soon as he laid eyes on Luhan who blushed and drew down his eyebrows.

 

“Its bright.”

 

“No, its blinding,” Retorted Baekhyun, as Chanyeol made an apologetic face towards Luhan who nodded.

 

 Jongin entered the room and Kyungsoo stiffened, running a fast hand through his hair and smiling at Jongin who walked over and greeted the older boy. 

 

“So now the gangs all here, and he have our mission, lets act like girls, tell no one and...dare I say it shop...till...we drop?” 

 

Zitao looked so uncomfortable that Luhan began to giggle while the other just look horrified.

 

“You did not just go there!”

    

                                                                           +++

 

 

Luhan was miserable, the boys had dragged him to every shop imaginable and dressed him up and down in clothes that all seemed a little to...scary for Luhan. After finding Luhan had an inexhaustible amount of money for today they seemed even more delighted and dragged him into more stores.  

 

Most of the clerks agreed to help them and in the shore Luhan now occupied he watched in distress as they walked with purpose through aisles and grabbed clothing that he wasn’t even sure he could put on by himself.

 

“You look like you have been kidnapped,” Said someone and Luhan looked to see a girl next to him. She smiled, and pulled out her headphones.

 

“Sorry, I saw you at the dorms yesterday.” 

 

“Oh hi.”

 

“So were you kidnapped because I can call the police.”

 

“No, my friends are a bit...enthusiastic,” Luhan looked sideways at the girl, her hair was long and brown with blonder tips, she was also where a red Elmo sweatshirt, a T-shirt with two guys from a t.v. show on it and boots with zippers opening to different colors. 

 

Now she looked like she was supposed to be shopping here, not him! 

 

“Yeah, I know the feeling. Just smile, I bet you’ll look great afterwards, they seem to have good taste,” She grinned and suddenly she glanced to the left as two girls ran in, breathing hard, one was slim short with cropped black hair and a neck full of necklaces. The other was a little taller but still short with dark jeans and light brown hair held back with a headband. 

 

Their conversation carried over.

 

“OH my god you're crazy, you can’t just punch people because you think they’re creepy.” 

 

Whispered-screamed the girl with black hair. The one with the head band raised an eyebrow

 

“Well I just did so lets get out of here. Where is she?”

 

The girl next to him just let her head fall into hand with a great sigh.

 

“I’ve got to go, good to finally meet you Luhan,” The girl jumped up and ran to the other girls they all left quickly with a few words and a laugh. 

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow and suddenly wondered when he had ever said his name, or even asked hers. 

 

“Weird.”

 

“What is?” Asked Zitao who collapsed beside him and Luhan just shook his head?

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Well we’re finished on to the hair salon. This is great.”

 

“You feeling better with your life size barbie?” Asked Luhan sarcastically.

 

“Yes, now come on!” Zitao yanked Luhan up and lead him out of the store, followed shortly by the rest of the group.

 

  “What...What the ?” 

 

Is all that Luhan could ask, as he looked in the full length mirror at the salon, where rest had made him change before he could even see his hair or anything. 

 

The boy looking back at Luhan was different, he looked confidant and...handsome, not adorable or cute, but handsome. 

 

With skinny jeans held in place but a black studded belt, the T-shirt was loose with extra fabric draping over his slim hips, he had a black dress jacket that had been renovated into something wearable everyday.

 

 The face was also different, the hair was now a pale honey with almost slightly warm undertones, it brought out his eyes so they seemed doe-like in contrast, it also made his skin seem silky. 

 

“I think he likes it,” Giggled Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded smiling like crazy, Zitao looked pleased and Kyungsoo laughed Jongin simply walked up and straighten out his sleeve and said 

 

“Stand straighter and relax your face, will make you look older, plus it also makes you look like your mentally undressing someone... in a good way.”

 

“When is that ever good?” asked Kyungsoo, Jongin turned and gave him a look. Jongin breathed out it was with slack lips slightly open eyes half mast and smiled slowly.

 

Basically the look said ‘meplease’

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went full fledged saucer size and he gulped.

 

“Okay I was proven wrong, I have to...have to walk my fish.” Kyungsoo stuttered so badly and ran from the salon.

 

 Jongin stopped and looked confused.

 

“Walk his fish?” Jongin asked and Baekhyun looked stunned. 

 

“Wait since when did he have a fish? He should have told me!” Jongin huffed and ran out after him.

 

Everyone stopped.

 

“So out of the sentence ‘I'm going to walk my fish’ he picks up that Kyungsoo has a fish...well now I question not only his common sense but also his I.Q” Baekhyun said with a slow shake of his head.

 

 Baekhyun rolled his head, and leaned against Chanyeol who looked increasingly uncomfortable his cheeks getting redder as the contact went on.

 

“Well, I have to walk my plant.” Chanyeol yelled and ran out, leaving a stunned Baekhyun. 

 

“You don't have a plant!” Called Baekhyun before running out after his friend, leaving Zitao and Luhan standing their with looks of horror on their faces.

 

“Wow...” Zitao said and Luhan chuckled and shot Zitao a ‘Jongin face.’

 

“You where friends with them first.” Before he walked out, looking very damn hot.

 

Zitao whistled under his breath with raised eyebrows.

 

“What...What have created?” asked Zitao after the scorching look Luhan had mastered in seconds, Zitao laughter and sent out a silent message.

 

Sorry Sehun!