Willpower

Room For Pain

Ryeowook POV

The darkness whirled away but the pain is still here. 

I can hear beeping sounds. 

I am so confused. 

"What happened?"

Is that Zhou Mi's voice?

Then it hit me. 

I understand everything. 

I was or am ill. 

Heechul will be mad at me. 

He didn't want me to go to hospital. 

"Wookie, I have no idea what is wrong with you but I can tell you are ill. What is it? A cold, a fever? Don't hide it. You need to lean on us eventually, or else you will follow in someone elses footsteps. Wookie this is enough it's not right. Please go and get it seen to. I can't lose another brother." *

He was right. 

I was in over my head. 

So I need to try and move. 

Open  my eyes.

It's so hard. 

My body isn't listening to me. 

It's so heavy.

........................

........................

........................

No. 

I can't let this beat me. 

I need to try.

Step by step.

Heechul POV 

He even argued with Dalma. I think the conversation has continued but I don't want to hear it. Honestly I don't want to know what else has been going through his mind. Sometimes I would like to hit certain members over the head with and say "Aish~ Stop worrying about the world and look in the mirror." But it would be useless because they won't and I caqn't scream their problems at them, I did to Geng once and it didn't help. So from there I learn to have at least some slight tact. 

Honestly the thought of Wook worring himself litterally sick is bad enough, picking apart each thing is worse. I looked over at him while the others continued to talk about possible worries for our big-hearted Maknae. The heart machine is going slightly irregular but nothing to worry about on that point, he is still attacted to a blood drip and his breathing is laboured. All I can do is sit here. This is so stupid. Why can't I do anything else. 

Then I saw it, his finger moved. Or well I think it did. I should tell the others but i am not sure that I actually saw it. I moved through the members to sit where Yesung had been earlier. No one questioned me, they either didn't notice or are leaving me in peace. I sat and watched  him for a while, he nose wrickled twice in the space of 10 minutes. That sometimes happens when he is deep in the compositions, concentration at it's peak to visialise the next part of the melody or harmany in the music. I hoped that maybe this meant that he was consentrating on something now. But I after 20 minutes of nothing, I have very little hope that it was anything other than a reflex showing some brain activity and nothing more. I his hand wanting nothing more than for him to spring out the bed telling us that it's some big practical joke. Payback for all the times we made him cry. But there is still nothing. Maybe it's time to rejoin the conversation and see what other things the others have deducted. But I felt something on my hand as I got up. When I looked down I could see Ryeowook's fingers tapping a melody between the bedsheet and my hand. After a few bar's of a song I recognised but couldn't place I felt a squeeze on my hand. After a minute his hand was squeezing mine full force.

"Wook" I whispered into his ear. 

As I raised my head from his ear I notice that his eyes squeezed tight shut and then begin to slowly flutter open. I couldn't keep my calm from that point on. 

"Come on Wook, that's it focus on me. That's it open you eyes and focus."

I could hear people begin to stir behind me. But i didn't care for any of them. 

"Wook. That's it." 

His eyes were open, but they kept focusing and unfocusing. He hissed into his mask as his eyelids drooped slightly. 

"No. Ryeowook, fight this. Concentrate on my voice look for..." I looked up found the closest person to me and forced their head infront of Wook's face and I knelt down to his level, the complaints telling me who the person was. " Ryeowook look for Henry ok. Look for his so called Mochi cheeks that make him cute than me" 

As I saw his eyes focusing I saw his lips moving but the words lost under his mask. 

I lifted the mask off slightly, careful of the tubes but knocking Henry's face not to his approval. 

"Heechul hyung? Henry?"

"That's it Ryeowook we are here."

"It's so hard." 

"What is?" I asked but I was answered by Henry's cries and his patted my sick dongsaeng's cheek with force. 

"No Li Xu gege, don't go back to sleep. That it ok keep your eyes open". 

"Ryeowook, are you ok?"

"It's hurts hyung, a lot" He barely even spoke and a tear rolled down his cheek. By the looks on Henry's face he also heard being so close.

"Where Wook?" This responce is panicking me, surely one of the many drips he is attacted too is a painkiller so this can't be ok.

"My stomach" I looked up to see half of the group missing and the door wide open. I hope that they have gone to find a doctor, then I looked back at Wook, his breathing getting shallower. I placed the mask back over his month. And saw his eyelip droop again dispite Henry talking to him. 

"Wook, play me the piano version of One fine spring day. Focus on your hands and your notes." He nodded slowly and his hands started moving away. Zhou  Mi started singing it, watching Ryeowook's hands to see where his was in the song keeping to his tempo. Henry joined in backing away from Ryeowook's face and giving him some room. Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Yesung joined in all keeping to Wook's time. Anytime he slowed I would rub his arm and he continued on. By the end of the song, be opened his eyes and said something we couldn't hear behind the mask as the doctor walked in with the rest of the members. 

"I need to do a through examination and more tests now he is awake. But given the state he is in it would be best if two of your members came to the tests with us to keep him calm and stay with him as much as we can let you." 

It was quickly desided or demanded that Yesung and Donghae be the two to go with him for now. There was nothing else the rest of us could do but sit and wait for them to come back from the test in this small waiting room. 

Leeteuk POV

Ryeowook is awake, Geng is here and we have begun to understand Wook's thoughts over the last few months. That boy doesn't take a break, he had some something for all of us over the last few months. I wish that he would share the burden a little, I'm the leader these are meant to be the things I deal with. Then even so he still would have worried about them. Turns out his personal life from the group isn't going well either a fight with Dalma and his parents as I found out from Kibum and Yesung. I can't be angry at them though, the two knew purely by walking in on some part, Kibum into the arguement and Yesung answering the door to Wook's mother and hearing from her 2 days after he left from Taiwan. 

Looking around the room most of the members have fallen asleep from pure exhaurstion. Most of us have been up for over 48 hours with only a few accidential nods to the name. But I can't sleep, I have Heechul curled up beside me looking strickingly like his cat, the tear tracks still clear on his cheeks. When the others had fallen asleep, he pured out his worry about Wook to me and fallen asleep with the other members. Kyuhyun keeps jumping in his sleep clearly not coping to well and every so often Sungmin's eyes snap open just to close seconds later. 

I lifted Heechul off me gentally and went down the hall for some much needed coffee. I can't sleep so hopefully coffee could give me something to keep me going. However on my way back I see two figures outside the waiting room, one curled up against the wall and another stood next to him. I approached the two shocked , and now more worried than ever to see that it was Donghae and Yesung both with red swollen eyes. 

"What happened?" I asked them scared to hear but desperate to know. 

"He went through the test and the scanned his chest and stomach they were worried about something on the scan but they said that they would have to wait for the test results. But on the way back to the room he started to scream in pain their was nothing to so to calm him down. The doctors don't want to knock him out because they are scared he may go back into a coma but if he carries on he is going to hurt himself more. They told us to wait with you guys when me and Donghae started crying. They said they will get us when he is calm."

I knelt down and took Donghae into my arms I could feel him shaking.

"We have to be strong Hae, for your precious dongsaeng ok?"

"I can't loose him Teuk, I can't. Not again. I can't lose a brother."

"You won't. He will pull through this somehow." Yesung answered as he patted Donghae on the back. 

We stood up as a doctor walked towards us. He simply told us that there would be a nurse and doctor stationed near the room at all times and that we could see him. If we needed help them simply ask, if not he will see us with the test result. 

I told Yesung and Donghae to wake up the other members and to use the time to calm themselves and I walked into Wook's room. As I opened the door I heard a wimpering sound, and as I went in I saw that Wook had done the best to curly himself into a ball without causing himself more pain. 

"Wook, what's wrong?"

He opened his eyes as walked over to him and sat behind him on his bed careful not to pull at any wires. I hugged him close feeling him tense a little in pain at the movement.

"Nothing hyung. I'm fine"

"No, Wook. Clearly you aren't" I told him. "This time is our turn to take care of you." 

 

 

A/N: *This is the basically what Heechul said to Wook in the kitchen that Yesung over heard (chapter 3).

Done. Well the story isn't but this chapter is. There will be mistakes but I am tired as hell so I apologise. I hope that you enjoy and Happy reading. 

 

Thank you for all the comments, subscribitions and support. I hope that I haven't let you down. Night~