Knowing

Turn of events, Eloise

So I left in a hurry. I was really excited to tell them the news.

Yes, me running in a dress and heels was such a sight to see. I didn't really care at that moment how I looked. Just the feeling that I belonged somewhere. I felt great.

I saw my Dad looking worried as he waited for me.

"What is it Eloise?" He asked with concern.

"I got the result. I really am your daughter" I told him.

He just stared at me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"I knew that from the start." He answered.

"You don't seem happy about it" I told him.

Tears were slowly starting to pour from my eyes.

Just when I looked back up, everyone was there.

They were all smiling at me. My Dad held my hand. He told me that this was the 5th happiest time in his life. I didn't want to ruin the moment by asking him the first 4, so I just hugged him tightly.

I hugged all of them. My Mom. And all 5 of my brothers. Yes, 5. Oh yeah, I should officially start the introductions now.

28 years ago, a young Mob Princess named Keiko Kurosawa fell in love with a traveler named Vitale Pittaluga. At that time, she didn't know he was really the only son to an underground Mafia. That means, it was still in the works. No one knew about them back then, which is the reason to their prosperity now. They were working their way in the shadows. Anyway, Vitale knew he loved her no matter what. It was 2 months after dating that they discovered each other's secret. Vitale wanted to surprise her by sneaking over to her place and pretending to "kidnap" her. Yeah, that didn't work so well. Guns appeared out of nowhere and both secrets came out.

It wasn't like in the movies where they were forbidden to ever see each other again. They were both the only child in their family, which meant they got what they wanted since their parents wanted them to continue their legacy. They got married that same year and had triplets the year after. Yes, Amedeo, Benjie and Chao are in fact identical triplets. Three years later, they had the twins. Those were David and Daichi. Also identical. Three years after that, they finally had a girl. Me! Eloise. One of a kind. :)

We moved to a 4 bedroom house in the city. We lived next door to the Rosales'. I was 2 years old when I started being troublesome. Whenever Mr. Rosales would play his guitar, I'd sit quietly and listen. My parents told me that they brought me over to the house next door everyday since then.

When Baby Adanalie passed away, the Rosales' planned to move away. Mr. Rosales stopped playing the guitar and I continued to cry. A LOT. Everyone said I wouldn't stop.

It was my Dad who thought of the big loan. My Mom didn't know where he'd gotten such an idea. And as much as it was hard for them to lend me off. They still did, for me.