Wedding

Turn of events, Eloise

I felt better as she held me. But I felt drops of tears falling on the back of my shirt. I was being selfish. I never once let her know I was trying. All she heard from me was wanting the parents I once had, not the parents that I have now

"I'm sorry. It's hard to process. Can we have a DNA test first?" I asked her. Yeah, great job saying the first thing that popped in your mind.

So it was scheduled. A DNA test with by parents and brothers. We're actually going there now. We were suppose to head to a wedding. But a quick stop wouldn't hurt. Even dressed up like this. It's fine. I'll perform the DNA tests myself.

It was really weird for them seeing me in my dress and heels perform DNA testing. The fastest results out there is in 2 days. I'll find my results in 2 hours.

"Will the results really be accurate?" I heard one of my brothers ask. I didn't bother answering. If we really were related, we'll find out through here. Because honestly, we don't look alike. I'm Filipino. I don't look Italian or Japanese. But then again, maybe it's just me thinking I'm someone else. I'm not Adanalie Rosales. I'll find out my real identity soon enough.

"It's possible the real Eloise was switched at birth. Anything is possible these days" I told them.

Silence entered the room. It's true right? Just then, I heard my Mom walking. She was walking to me.

"You'll know when you're older. A mother knows" she whispered.

2 hours later, we were at the wedding. We were late. The bride was somehow related to someone I should know. Anyway, the food wasn't so good. Finally, the tossing of the bouquet.

It was thrown up in the air. It was a very surprising reflex. I didn't know what came over me but, apparently I ran for it and caught it.

I swear, I didn't realize there was a girl behind me. She looked like she was about to catch it with her hands. I asked her if she wanted it. She didn't. We talked after that. She seemed nice. She was very approachable. I wish I went to her table sooner. She said something about a flight to Korea. I wanted to go too.

Her phone rang. Then I remembered something and left. I looked around for the restrooms. Finally after 17 minutes, I found them. I went in to check the results from the incubator cam on my phone.

I couldn't believe it. But I felt it from the start.

I am Eloise Pittaluga