Face to Face

My memories

That evening,Hara went out to buy something to eat when she suddenly met Areum and Boram on her way out. The girls greeted her but with their cockiness,of course. Hara only smile as if she didn't knew anyrhing. Areum stopped her and when Hara thought she gonna hit her,she found instead an apology coming out of Areum's mouth.

 

Hara: Huh?

Areum: I don't know why,but I have this strange feeling when I saw you after this incident. My feeling told me that I should apologize to you.

Boram: Areum-ah,wae gurae??

Areum: Don't you get it? She's been attacked and there's no way I'll be able to forgive myself if something happened to her. Being a jerk to her once because she's popular than me wasn't something I should be proud of.

Hara: It's ok,Areum-ssi. I don't take it seriously,anyway.

Boram: See? She wasn't care if we're treating her badly. Furthermore,I'm sure your apology didn't make her touched or something.

Areum: Yah,noe wae-re?

Boram: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you??

Areum: She hurt her head and you don't feel bad about it? 

Boram: Wh-why should I?? I-I gotta go now. See you tomorrow,Areum-ah. 

 

Boram left Areum in confusion and Hara only stares at Boram's back until she's gone. Then Areum bowed at her and started to walk away. Hara knew something was off. Not the apologies but with Areum. Suddenly,she hold Areum's arm and stopped her from leaving.

 

Hara: What's wrong? You didn't seem well. Apa-yo(hurt)?

Areum: Anni.. I'm just worried about something. That's all. Once again,sorry for being a jerk and pick a fight with you last time. I was just jealous and angry by how much attention you get. By how Junhyung treated you. But then.. when you was attacked,it rings me. It makes me wonder why would someone wants to kill you. So,I was terrified if you couldn't make it and I wasn't able to apologize. I'm sorry,Hara-ssi.

Hara: Apology accepted and seeing you now,makes me wonder too.

Areum: Bwo?

Hara: You definitely can put up a fight,especially with your 'claw'.

Areum: LOL,that's so childish. I was surprised also by how hard you punch. For a little girl,you sure have a strong punch!

Hara: I'm glad we're okay now.

Areum: Yeah,me too. I guess scared of unable to ask for forgiveness has been with me since I was little.

Hara: Wae?

Areum: Because I couldn't apologize to my grandfather. He slapped me for talking back to him and he got heart attack after I said "I wish you're no longer here,I hate you!". Then I ran away. The next day,I got a call when I was at Boram's house. My mother said,my grandfather passed away. 

Hara: I'm sorry.

Areum: It's ok. I knew I shouldn't be so childish and apologized instead. But I can't. He was gone before I even knew it. I'm afraid everyone that I've sinned will left before I gets to apologized.

Hara: So,that's why..  I hope you're okay now. I knew I am.

Areum: How's your head?

Hara: It's fine. 2 times check-up for 3 more weeks then I'll be free from these treatments.

Areum: That's great. Whoever attacked you should apologized fast. He was surely gonna regrets it.

 

Hara laughed and tapped Areum's shoulder. Then,they decided to walk to the nearest cafe to grab dinner together. Boram who watched the whole scene only clenched her fist in hatred. First,Junhyung and now Areum,my bestfriend? Oh no you don't,! Areum,how could you do this? She's OUR enemy. But now? You'll regret it,Areum-ah. Then,Boram called Areum while her eyes watching them.

 

Areum:Eo? Yah,noe eodiya? Why did you leave me? 

Boram: I don't like it when you're being nice to her. She's a pain.

Areum: Well,she's not that bad. I think she's nice. *while smiling at Hara who ordered their foods*

Boram: Jinjja? That's why both of you are having dinner together?

Areum: Omo,you saw us?? Why don't you joined us?? I'm sure she's okay with it. Furthermore,I wanted to tell you about the next arrival of your favorite shoes. Yah,that's great right? My uncle said,the shoes will arrive in 3 days,since they've shipped it yesterday.

Boram: Korre? Arasso,I'll just see you tomorrow. I was tired and I think her presence will only make my head wanna burst. Catch ya later. Annyeong!

 

Boram hang up and stare at her bestfriend. Areum looks shocked when Boram using excuses to avoid Hara. Deep down,Boram was upset because Areum finally being so forgiven. Boram knew about Areum's past and she understood that very well. Although it was nice of her,but Boram was scared if Areum will hate her,despite what she had done. She can't turnedback the time. She gave her bestfriend a final look before leaving them from where she's standing. Her hatred towards Hara began to rise up. She's so mad to the point of planning for the 2nd strike.

 

**************************************************************************************************

 

The next morning,at the sewing room...

 

Hara was the only one using that room early in the morning when other designer students are at the design room,next to it. She was using the sewing machine to finish her designed mini skirt. It looks so cute,just like her design. she felt satisfied and proud of herself for finishing the work even though her head still had bandage. Areum then entered the room to sew her hot pink blouse. The girls greeted each other and Areum sat next to her. They're talking about their designs and joked around. 

Boram who heard their laughter,entered the sewing room as well. Areum greeted her and excited showed her blouse that finished earlier than she had estimated. Boram smiled and glaced at the working Hara. Then,she told Areum that she wanted to show her cute evening dress but left it at her desk. Areum smiled and offered her help to get it for her. Boram nodded.

Hara was alone with Boram. Boram watched as Areum closed the door and she looked at Hara. Their eyes locked on each other. Boram smirk and approached her. She sat at Areum's sewing table.

 

Boram: So.. Are you that determined that you'll win?

Hara: Win? *stopped what she's doing and looked at Boram*

Boram; Listen here,you wretch. I don't care if your head hurt or break. I don't care. Just stay away from Areum and don't you ever dream of being her friend. You better be careful because things aren't always rainbows and lollipop. You'll never know what will happen next!

Hara: Is that a threat?

Boram: It's up to you to think it that way. To me,it's an advice.

Hara: Save it to yourself. I'm sure you need it more than I do.

Boram: Bwo?? 

 

Hara smirked and continues her work. Boram saw a scissor at Areum's table and grabbed it. She hid the scissor behind her and stood up slowly. She was about to get her but then Areum opened the door and waving Boram's almost-finished dress in her hand. She smiled at the 2 of them,not even realized about the tensed between Boram and Hara. Boram frozed and quickly hide the scissor in her bag. Boram glanced at Hara-who was smiling at Areum- before thanking Areum for bringing her dress. Then,she sat next to Areum and continue to sew her dress with flaming heart. 

As usual,Areum loves to chat while sewing more details on her blouse but Boram seems to space out and Areum was worried about her. Areum changed her topic and talked about the earring. Boram frozed and Hara saw the expression on Boram's face. She starting to sweat and Areum thought she was sick. She put her hand on Boram's forehead but she pushed away Areum's hand,saying she's stressed about her dress. Areum looked at her in disbelieve but Boram reassured that she's totally fine.

The 3 girls remained silent and continue with their works. Areum was worried about Boram's behaviour,Boram was worried about what she had done and Hara was watching Boram closely,waiting for the oppurtunity to ask her about everything. They're having mixed feeling and as Areum was focusing on some stitches to make her blouse looks pretty,she was scrunching her face,looking for her scissor.

 

Hara: Can't find it?

Areum: De.. I thought I left it here a while ago. Hurmm.. That's weird.

Hara: Are you sure you left it on your table?

Areum: Hahaha.. Of course I am! Don't you remember when we're talking about your design earlier? I was cutting my blouse, to make some holes on the shoulder for the ring.

Hara: Ah! You're right~ Hurm.. That's weird.

Boram: Here,use mine. We'll find it later,Areum-ah.

Areum: Eo? De.. gomoawo Boram-ah! 

 

Areum continue to cut the small holes on her blouse. Boram quietly sighed and breathed out. Hara only glance at her,worried that Boram could've hurt her when she least expected it. She was thankful that nothing  had happened. At this rate,she wasn't sure herself what could possibly happen to her. Even Junhyung couldn't protect her all the time. She took out her phone and texted Junhyung. Junhyung was at the Music Room and Hara asked him to meet her in the next 10 minutes in the cafeteria. Junhyung agreed and send her some 'XOXO'. Hara giggled by his cute traits and Areum noticed her.

 

Areum: Junhyung-ssi?

Hara: Eo? Hehehee.. De..

Areum: Omo,you're so lucky! Is he romantic?

Hara: Not really.. He's actually a boring guy but he's so charming without trying hard. 

Areum: Yeaah.. That's why I used to have crush on him

Hara: 'used to'?? How about now?

Areum: I don't like him that much actually.. When I think about it,Boram was the one who always talked about him.

Boram: Am not~

Areum: Anyway.. I thought I like him but now,I don't think I am. Maybe I'm just distracted that I thought he's attractive

Hara: Korre?

Areum: Yah,I have that Sungkyu guy waiting for me. Why should I bothered Junhyung when he's clearly in love with you?

Hara: Thanks for saying that. TBH,I was glad hearing that .

Areum: Hehee.. About Sungkyu,I think he's nice.But,I hardly notice him just to make him try harder.

Boram: What? No! He's a dork. Why would you like him? He's a botanist! His hands could be full with germs and dirt!

Hara: So? I think it's sweet. A person's true nature can be seen by how well they handle plants or animals. As a botanist,he could be someone caring and loving.

Areum: See? I told you Sungkyu wasn't that bad. He's also very patience and considerate.

Hara: Omo,you really like this guy,aren't you? You look so happy talking 'bout him.

Areum: Of course I am!

Hara: So.. Did he do anything to win your heart?

Areum: Looks like he was making an effort. LOL. Yesterday,he gave a small pot of red tulip . It was lovely and spontaneious.

Hara: Red tulips? It means 'declaration of love'. Omo,it's like he confessed to you in form of giving a flower instead of saying it. Wahh~

Areum: Jinjja? Wait,let me google it first.. Red tulip,red tulips.. Ah-ha!! hurm..maldo andwe~ yah! You're right! 

Boram: Areum-ah,the flower will wilt sooner or later. There's no point of thinking of him. He's chickening out! A guy should always confessed by words.

Hara: I don't think so. Action speaks louder than words. When a guy does something rather than the talking,it means they're being sincere. Just like promises. We don't do promises easily because promises tend to break if we're not careful. So,I think he's a good guy.

Areum: See? I told you he wasn't a dork! 

Boram: yeah,yeah.. whatever. I'm tired. I think I should find something to eat. Annyeong.

Areum: Yah,what about your dress?? Aren't you finishing it?

Boram: Later~ Coming with me,Areum-ah? I'm going to eat sandeok(grilled minched meat) and bibimbap outside th campus.

Areum: Sure! Hara-ah,coming?

Hara: Gwenchana,I promised Junhyung to meet at the cafeteria. 

Areum: jinjja? Aigoo.. we should head out together sometimes.

Hara: Maybe next time. 

Areum: Arasso.. How about we walk together. To go outside,we must passed the hallway to the cafeteria. So,I don't see why shouldn't. Boram-ah?

Boram: Huh.. She's right. Palli. I don't have time to wait for you.

Hara: Korre.. Jakkaman..

 

Hara cleaned her desk and walked towards the girls. Then,they made their way to the hallway. During the walk,Areum kept talking about everything,bubbly like she always be when she's with Boram. Hara finds it very cute. She wouldn't thought that the Areum is cheerful. It makes her smile and forgot about her problems regarding Boram. The real enemy,who was walking next to Areum,which was 4 metres away from possible carrying something that could hurt her and waiting for oppurtunity to hurt her.