Sixteen (Part 2)

Shadow of You

 

===
 
PART 2 - Change:
 
Why doesn't my heart agree with my mind?
 
Was I supposed to hurt him or, love him?
 
===
 
 
- 8 Years Later - 
 
 
Donghae wake up with a killer splitting headache. 
 
 
He groaned and cursed as rays of sunlight hit him in the eyes, causing the headache to aggravate intensively. 
 
 
Damn migraines. 
 
 
He pulled the duvets up and over his head and buried his face deeply into the pillows. 
 
 
He really shouldn't have drank that much the night before. 
 
 
---
 
 
It was already after lunch when he woke up again. Feeling his tummy growling as pangs of hunger hit him hard. 
 
 
Alcohol would do that to someone with a dead handover. 
 
 
Groaning out loud Donghae forced himself to sit up and turned to the side table. 
 
 
Indeed. There were 2 pills and a glass of water. He quickly ate them and once he felt better, he got up and prepared to start his day. 
 
 
---
 
 
'Damn I feel like your secretary!' 
 
 
The man behind the heavy desk piled with reports and files merely chuckled as he reviewed another file. 
 
 
'Is he dead to the world again?' 
 
 
The man sighed this time and leaned back on his leather chair. Still keeping silent. 
 
 
'Siwon, I know you are sick of hearing this but you really have to do something.' 
 
 
A phone began vibrating on the desk. 
 
 
Siwon quickly picked up the phone and just that one look, Teuk knew who the person on the other line was. 
 
 
'All right. Just find me the document and get back to me later.' Siwon began waving Teuk off. 
 
 
Teuk rolled his eyes, 'I am not your damn secre--'
 
 
'Get out Teuk.' 
 
 
As the door shut behind a gloomy looking Teuk, Siwon quickly answered the call. 
 
 
'Feeling better?' He asked softly. Knowing that anything louder than this would aggravate the man's headache - that was, if the man had just woken up.
 
 
'Sorry Wonnie. There's a meeting isn't it? I forgot.' Donghae's familiar apologetic voice called out. 
 
 
'Don't worry about it. It has all been taken care of. Where are you?' 
 
 
'Driving. I'm on the way to office.' 
 
 
'Drive slowly Hae. There is no rush.'
 
 
'Yes yes darling! You are going to be as naggy as Teukkie soon!' The voice laughed. 
 
 
---
 
 
'Hello babies!' Donghae chirped as he strolled into the office, 'Cupcakes for you lovelies!' 
 
 
'Ah Donghae oppa! You're always so sweet!'
 
 
'Love you oppa!' 
 
 
However a certain blonde approached the smiling man carefully. 
 
 
'Mr Park is very displeased with you today.' 
 
 
Still smiling brightly at the rest, he leaned down slightly and whispered, 'Thanks my lovely Jessica, but Teukkie hyung is always unhappy.' 
 
 
'I'm just warning you.' Jessica grabbed the cupcake that he was about to put into his mouth and walked away. 
 
 
'Tsk! What a naughty girl.' 
 
 
He let the office girls surround him for a while before picking some of Siwon's favorite cupcakes and a cup of americano - extra sweet - and pushed opened the door with his hips. 
 
 
'Baby! I got you these for tea break!' Donghae chirped. 
 
 
'Donghae, you are finally here.' Teuk turned around. 
 
 
'Uhm y-yes hyung...' Donghae looked past the stern looking man, trying to look for help, 'W-wonnie?' 
 
 
'Come over here Hae. How do you know I'm famished!' But Siwon was the one who stood and went over to help him with the cupcakes. 
 
 
'Dongha--'
 
 
'Teuk, lets talk later. Can't you hear my tummy growling?' Siwon said as Donghae continued avoiding eye contact from Teuk. 
 
 
'Actually, no. I was saying Don--'
 
 
'Headache Wonnie!' 
 
 
Siwon quickly put down the cupcakes that were on Donghae's hands messily on his documents and began to massage his temples. 
 
 
'Aish Siwon! These are important documents!' Teuk was arranging the documents back and putting those damn cupcakes far away from them. 
 
 
'Better?' Siwon asked softly as his fingers continued massaging Donghae's temples. 
 
 
'Y-yes..' 
 
 
Donghae heard a curse from Teuk and later the unmistakable sound of a door being slammed shut. 
 
 
'Much better.' Donghae smiled his charming toothy smile at Siwon, earning a gorgeous smile back from the man as well. 
 
 
He then circled his arms around Siwon's neck and leaned up to plant a kiss to his lips. 
 
 
'A very late morning kiss to you Wonnie. Cupcakes?' 
 
 
Siwon pulled his boyfriend close and hugged him tight, 'You are my cupcake baby.'
 
 
---