The Hidden Truth

Nemesis of the Sky Descendants

             

CHAPTER 2♦THE HIDDEN TRUTH
Nemesis of the Sky Descendants - A LISHlian Storyline 
 
 

    |Recap: As Krystal was starring out the small window of their house, she discovers that something was very strange about her oppas. What she realized was that after all those years, they have not aged. Not a single bit!

“Okay, I guess that’s enough for today. You two should go back and settle your things in your rooms,” said D.O, breaking the quite atmosphere.

Baekhyun like always immediately caught on.

“Chanyeol, I’m tired. Let’s get back to bed. This time I’ll give you all the bed space you need,” he said whilst pulling tightly onto Suho’s and Baekhyun’s wrists, forcing them upstairs.

Before I was able to come back to my senses Sehun pulled a small blanket over my head, covering my view.

Sehun placed his hands onto my shoulders and said, “Now let’s go to a place to resolve all of your questions.”

“O-okay,” I reluctantly replied.

I felt Sehun and D.O oppa grabbing onto each side of my arms, leading me to a mysterious place. I couldn’t see anything, but knew that it was dark since I couldn’t see the reflection of light underneath the blanket. It wasn’t a long walk, and soon we came to a sudden stop. I can hear the sound of a person trying to open an old door knob and as they guided me in, I can smell the fragrance of burning wood, and hear the sounds made by the rapid fire.

“We’re here,” said D.O.

I slowly lifted up the blanket covering my head, and as I looked up, I saw a small picture hanging beside a shelf on an old wall. It was held in a rusty and jagged frame, pilled with dirt and cobwebs on its edges. I could barely see what the picture was since the fireplace provided me with little light.

Assuming that the picture was what they wanted to show me, I walked towards it. As I approached the image became clearer, and strangely familiar. It was a family portrait. I could see my oppas all huddled up holding a tiny baby girl, and it was at that instant when I realized that we were different. This was a fact which didn’t need to be confirmed. It was obvious. I was just an ordinary girl, and they weren’t. They were something else much more superior than me, and this difference was what they were hiding from me all along.


“Argghhh~ Why is this getting so complicated?” Baekhyun wined, while grabbing onto his hair.

“Why do all humans have to grow so fast? Why can’t they live just as long as us?”

“If they did then they wouldn’t be considered as humans in the first place,” Chanyeol reasonably shot back.

“But can’t we do something about it? I don’t want to have to go back to that place anymore. I want everything to stay as it is, for us to continue living with Krystal.”

“Even if we wanted to, this is the one thing we can’t interfere with.”

Suho who was sitting quietly in the corner suddenly stood up.

“We can’t. But that person can,” he said in a ambitious tone.

With a pounce he leapt out the window, and almost immediately afterwards rain poured and thunder crashed. Poking his head out the window Baekhyun spoke with admiration.

“Wow, that hyung sure is something. As expected of our cute sister’s black knight.”

“Don’t be so amused. It’s not yet certain that the person Suho is seeking help from would agree to help us. Especially when the person who Suho is looking for is him...the one who left us 17 years ago,” Chanyeol accurately predicted.

“What? Aigoo, this is really frustrating. Krystal is now caught up in this tangled mess,” said Baekhyun, emphasising his voice.

Chanyeol without notice stands up and walks out of the room.

“Yah! Chanyeol! Where are you going? Wait, take me with youuu~”


In that big, empty room I heard nothing else but the sound of my racing heart. My chest was hurting and it wasn’t a pleasurable experience. However I still managed to stay calm, listening to the hidden truth my oppas were exposing for the first time.

“Krystal-ah. Remember the story I told you about when you were 7?” D.O patiently asked.

I slightly nodded my head. What D.O oppa just mentioned was true. I used to have traumatic nightmares during the night when I was younger, and to help improve my self-esteem, D.O oppa would sit beside me every night to tell me stories about a girl and six princes. I recall him telling me the difference in status between them, but also remember the unmeasurable bond they had between each other.

Looking elsewhere, D.O retold the story. “The six princes came from a place very high and very far away. They left home in order to experience things which they have never been exposed to when they lived in the palace. During their escape, they found a little girl left abandoned, and decided to bring her home and look after her. As each day passes the little girl grew, but that only bonded them closer. The princes were always careful to not expose their identities because if they did, they were afraid that people from the palace would come after them and affect the little girl’s life. One day the little girl grew out of their reach. The princes were overwhelmed. They were scared that if they told the little girl the truth, her life would be in danger."

He turned to me and asked, "Krystal, have you realized that the little girl was no one else but you?"

I patiently listened, and this time I wasn’t afraid. In fact, I was curious. Curious about their past. Curious about their sufferings. I truly wanted to help them experience the things they were searching for. Whether if its happiness, or love, I wanted to be there for them. But before I can do that I need to know anything and everything.

“Oppa, who are you. You and the rest of the oppas, what are you?”

“We’re the Ascendants of the Sky,” Sehun plainly answered.

The world is divided into three nostalgic dimensions. They are known as the Abyss, Earth, and Sky. Earth is only one of them. It is the middle dimension which keeps peace between the Abyss and Sky dimension. The unknowns are those who come from the Abyss. You are a human, and we who come from the Sky are called Ascendants.”

I widened my eyes in disbelief.

“So are you fairies or something?” I asked without thinking.

Sehun and D.O oppa immediately dropped their serious expressions and giggled.

“No. That’s only what humans think of us. Contrary to human belief, not everyone who comes from the Sky are good. Same goes with the Abyss, not everyone who settles there have bad intentions,” D.O corrected me.

“Then are you guys considered as good Ascendants or bad Ascendants?” I asked curiously.

“Every Ascendant in the Sky Kingdom are good. We’re usually the ones who seek for peace. Only the ones who break the rules or have evil intent are banished. When something like that happens they are no longer recognized as an Ascendant. Instead, they become known as Descendants," Sehun answered.

Whatever Sehun oppa was telling me during that moment was really confusing. But I decided to swallow everything in, and continue acting as if I understood so he won’t start talking about something else which might confuse me even further.

Clicking his tongue D.O complained. “Agioo. Look, you’re already confusing her.”

Sehun stared at D.O in the corner of his eyes.

“Fine! Why don’t you explain it to her yourself if you’re so good,” he shot back.

“You’ve misunderstood my statement. I just said that you were bad, but never said that I was good,” he smartly replied.

“Let’s go Krystal. The others will do a better job at explaining.” D.O oppa grabbed my arms pulling me along with him out the door, leaving Sehun following us from behind.

As we walked out I heard the sound of crashing thunder and rain. In fact, I could even smell the scent of rain flowing along the bushes and muddy floors. I hated it. I detested the rain. The route back wasn’t long, but it felt like it lasted a lifetime. Turning the door knob, I heard the sound of Chanyeol and Baekhyun oppa rushing downstairs.

The door opened and I walked in making direct eye contact with them. I felt a shivering chill going down my spine. Their eyes. It wasn’t what you'd expect to see in a human. They were so bright I could even mistake them for the evening sunset. Both of them stood there, staring at me with those horrifically flamed eyes. I know they weren’t human, but never knew that there was such a monster hidden inside of them.

A powerful wind gushed over, and almost immediately the flaming lights I saw earlier emitting from their eyes vanished.

“This is why Suho always warn us to not over-charge our energy. Both of you should be more aware of that from now on,” D.O instructed.

“Yah. Are you the hyung or was it me again?” Baekhyun said sarcastically.

“No, I’m the mother of the house remember? I have to take care of all of you guys twenty four hours a day," D.O replied in a playful manner.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol oppa continued to stare at me. He looked emotionless, but his eyes told me that there are many things he wanted to say.

“Oppa, is something wrong?” I cautiously asked.

“What are you still doing here? Don’t you know everything? Now that you know, why are you still here?” Chanyeol scolded me.

In that instant I couldn’t figure out how to react. Should I act dumb, angry, or even give a sarcastic laugh? It was one of those questions where there were no right answers, and the only way to get out was to make a sarcastic joke out of it.

“What are you talking about? Go where? Don’t tell me you want me to sleep out in the streets,” I responded playfully.

Elbowing Chanyeol's arm Baekhyun asked him, “Yah. What’s gotten in to you? She’s our little sister. Of course she has to stay with us.”

Chanyeol rushed back inside and started rummaging through the things in my room. In that kind of situation, of course I had to run in and find out what’s going on.

“Oppa, what are y--

“Let’s go,” he said whilst breathing heavily, as if it was something urgent.

As my other oppas stood by and watched, he zipped up my suitcase filled with clothes and towels, pulling me outside the entrance along with him. I attempted to free myself from his grip but the force he used to grab hold of me was too powerful.

“Don’t do this you’re scaring me!” I yelled.

“Would you rather live or would you rather die?” he shouted with his back facing towards me.

“Chanyeol, this time you’re going too far. Do you even know what you just said?” Sehun reminded him.

“Suho that bastard has gone off to Kai. Do you even know what that means?” Chanyeol replied with a tone as if he was trying to suppress his anger.

Steadily letting go of my hand, he turned around eyes filled with rage.

“Contacting Kai means only one thing. The Sky Kingdom will find out about Krystal’s presence. Do you think they will continue to let her live if they knew that a human was aware of our existence?”

“Suho left to seek help from Kai, not to notify the Sky Kingdom,” said Baekhyun.

“Hyung, how could you think about things so simplistically? We all know that the Sky Kingdom has been monitoring Kai ever since the downfall of Princess Soojung, and that Kai would do anything to find the whereabouts of her. Even if it means betraying us.”

The argument wasn’t bringing us anywhere. My mind was lost and my brain couldn’t follow what they were talking about. Although that was the case, the mentioning of Princess Soojung made me even more curious.

“Kai oppa betrayed us because of Princess Soojung? Was that why he left us?”

“He didn’t exactly betray us, he used us. By faking our identities in Sky Kingdom, he used our power and influence to escape to earth and search for her. But still, I doubt that he will do anything to betray us again,” said Sehun.

With his head tilted high D.O spoke. “No. Chanyeol is right. It’s highly possible that the Sky Kingdom has already been notified about Krystal.”

“Why is that?” Sehun asked.

D.O raised his fingers high up onto the rooftop.

“Look...”

We all looked up, and to my amazement a tall humanly figure appeared. Covered in a large black coat, he stood there while the heavy wind and rain continued to breeze. As he lifted his head, his silver plated mask reflected the sunlight into my eyes. I didn’t know who he was, but it was amazing. Like a scene taken out from a movie. While I was standing in awe, I noticed that my oppas took his presence as a threat.

“Krystal, stand back!” Chanyeol worriedly warned me.

I didn’t know what was going on, but my instincts told me that I was in a very dangerous situation. Now finally aware that he is a threat, I stepped back into the protection of Baekhyun, D.O and Sehun oppa. Chanyeol who was already in the front bravely took a step forward.

“Hand over the girl,” the figure demanded.

“Why are you doing this? Do you plan to continue living like this?” Chanyeol asked, as if he knew who the figure was.

Ignoring what Chanyeol said, the figure suddenly appeared right in front me. I was bewildered. I didn’t even see him move, but there he was right before me. He either possessed an incredible speed, or teleported in a matter of seconds. Whatever it was I’m sure of one thing, he too was not human.

It was a tense atmosphere. Out of the blue my oppas eyes changed from a humanely brown to a flaming red. I wasn’t afraid. I knew that they were there to protect me. What I was afraid of was if they got hurt or injured in the process.

“Where’s Suho?” Baekhyun asked the figure in a hateful tone.

“He's already locked up in the Sky Kingdom. If you’re planning to save him then do it now, before it’s too late,” the figure revealed.

Even though the words which were coming out of his mouth seemed evil, the tone of he’s voice somehow sounded painful. Rather than a warning, it sounded as if he wanted to notify us to go and save Suho.

“How could you do this? Did you know that even after all those years Suho still stood strong and had faith in you? Our hyung still believed in you. He believed that what you did 17 years ago was only a mistake. Why can’t you just give up on her?” D.O screamed, unable to suppress his anger.

Suddenly an extremely hot wind lashed over my cheeks. Without warning the figures eyes were enlightened with blue flames. As he turned around to D.O, I felt a powerful immense of force vibrating from beneath my skin.

“Give up?.... Are you telling me that I should just give up on her? This is my last chance, our last chance to ever be together, and you're telling me that I should just give up?” the figure yelled in an upsetting tone whilst grabbing onto D.O’s collar.

“3,000 years. I’ve been struck with this immense pain throughout these 3,000 years. If I can’t find her how do you expect me to continue living? I might as well die in the process of searching for her, but will never stop losing hope of finding her.”

“And do you think that she’ll be happy seeing you like this?” D.O said in a low voice.

“Lying, faking, and betraying. Do you think that she’ll feel good about herself after she finds out about this? If you love her, then you should make her happy. Truly happy.”

To my surprise the figure gave out a sarcastic grin.

“Wow, that was a brilliant speech. But there’s one thing I still don’t understand. How would I be able to make her happy if I can’t find her? In the end we’re back to the very beginning. I will find her.”

With a clash he instantly grabbed hold of me. As his hand touched my skin I felt a strong electric force running throughout my body, and soon I lost all control. The energy inside my body was disintegrating as he threw me across his shoulder.

“Kai! Stop what you’re doing and you’ll still get a chance to go back!” Chanyeol desperately shouted.

It was difficult to believe. In fact, I couldn’t believe it. This figure who is holding onto me so tightly was Kai. He was the oppa who saved me, and now he’s the oppa who is after me.

“I’ll be borrowing her for now. If there’s anything you want to say, say it at our next meeting."

Just as he finished off what he was saying, I found myself teleported along with him back onto the rooftop.

In desperation to save me Baekhyun oppa raised his arm, emitting a powerful radioactive radiance of light from the palms of his hand. However that seemed to have little effect as Kai leapt backwards, accurately avoiding the attack.

“If I were you, I’d recharge my energy to get ready for the next encounter instead of putting up a useless fight. Baekhyun, you haven’t changed a single bit. Like always, you still to act on impulse. That is a really bad habit you’re holding onto,” Kai said, sounding knowledgeable.

Looking down, I saw Baekhyun tightening his fists, and once again a threatening bright light illuminated from his eyes.

“At least I didn’t change like you did, into a dark monster blinded by love,” said Baekhyun.

Suddenly with an incredible speed, Kai raised his black cloak into the air, swaying and wrapping it around us. I knew what was going to happen. I was getting teleported. With a panicking heart, I used all my might and remaining energy left inside of me. I reached my hands out and yelled, “Oppa!”

Without hesitation I heard Baekhyun scream out.

“Krystal! Don't be scared! I promise that I'll bring you back! I will definitely bring you back!”

A tear welled up in my eyes and in a matter of seconds, the last piece of remaining energy in my body was used up. I became light headed and soon out from exhaustion, losing all awareness of what was going on.


“We must figure something out to save her!” Baekhyun panicked.

“Forget about it,” said Chanyeol.

Baekhyun turned to him in astonishment.

“Forget about it?! Weren’t you the one who insisted that he will harm Krystal in the first place?!”

“It’s different now. Kai said he’ll borrow her for the time being which means he doesn’t plan to harm her. In fact, he needs her, so I’m sure that he is going to continue protecting her until she no longer has any use to him. Since the Sky Kingdom is already aware of Krystal, we should use him to protect her while we recharge our energy and start training for our next battle. Besides, I’m getting a feeling that the old Kai is returning. It doesn’t sound like it at first, but when you look back, it’s obvious that he purposely told us the location of Suho so we can go save him.”

“He’s right. It’s best if we can use this misfortune to our advantage. If we want to win our enemy, we must think like them, and act like them,” D.O said in agreement.

“So, should we get our game on?” Sehun said with a grin.

Alright. I’m giving you all three days to train and get your abilities back on track. Since we haven’t been in any kind of combat during the 17 years on earth, we need to start getting our acts together during this short period of time and make the most out of it. Got it guys?” Chanyeol suggested.

With his eyes opened wide Baekhyun excitedly spurted out, “Awesome! Finally it can be like in the old days when we all fought for one another! But who are we going to get first? The Sky Kingdom, or Kai?”

“It’s always better if we bring down the bigger threat first. Kai has been with us for so long, and now we know that we can still trust him regarding on the safety of Krystal. So of course the Sky Kingdom is the first guest on our waiting list,” D.O intelligently replied.

"There's no choice now, we have to fight. We're going to start with the Sky Kingdom and rescue Krystal before anyone else gets to her," said Chanyeol.

“Really? So we’re finally going to make the first move?” Baekhyun asked excitingly.

“Okay, they’d better be up for it! Sky Kingdom, the day has finally come. We’re going to make sure that you’ll pay for what you did to all of us. Especially you...King Lee Soo Man!”

Author's Note: Yep, so it took me just a little over three days to write this chapter. Hope that I'm not disappointing you guys or anything. Usually I'd take around a week or so to finish one chapter, but I became more productive since it's the holidays right now and all I do is sleep. ZZZzzzzzzz Thanks!