Time

Nemesis of the Sky Descendants

             

CHAPTER 1♦TIME
Nemesis of the Sky Descendants - A LISHlian Storyline 
 
 

Walking through the meadow, I felt my heart ache. I stood there, allowing the fine dust and wind brush against my face. Memories suddenly flash, filling my mind with loneliness and fear. I wasn’t sure why, but I felt empty. A luminous light started approaching me, glistening as it blinded my sight. I couldn’t see anything but only feel the presence of another human, or so I thought. A deep voice was echoing, luring me into a bright hallway.

“It’s been a long time young one,” he said.

My heart was pounding, but as if something was controlling me, I bravely took a step closer.

“Who are you? Where is this place?” I cluelessly asked.

“This is the Sky Kingdom. The Kingdom which you were brought up in and which you once gave up on,” he said with a trembling voice.

I looked around, concentrating my thoughts to the unfamiliar surrounding, but couldn’t recall any significant memory.

“I was raised here?” I questioned.

He stayed silent. Perhaps he didn’t want to reveal too much information, or perhaps he simply didn’t want to answer. But whatever the reason, he was definitely hiding something.

“One more destiny,” he replied, without finishing off his sentence.

thousand thoughts crossed my mind.

“Destiny? One more, destiny?” I unconsciously asked.

“This time let fate guide you. Don’t make the same mistake again,” he warned.

His words hit me. Fate, destiny, I felt like I’ve heard those words for a thousand times. The mood suddenly changed and as if I traveled back through time I heard another voice, the same voice. And this time, I saw him.

“I forbid you from taking another step into the Sky Kingdom,” he yelled.

I froze, oblivious to the situation.

Sitting on a bulky chair pinned by iron and gold, he continued to stare at me with eyes beaming with golden fire. Specks of golden dust fluttered into the magical air to every move he made, and situated right above his dark brown strands of hair, was a substantial golden crown. Looking at it alone made my head feel heavy, as the enormous chunk of gold was seemingly hefty to the eye.

“You will be banished to earth as a mere human and stay there for 3 000 lifetimes. During that time your supernatural abilities will be withdrawn and so, you would have no contact with the Kingdom,” he explained.

Tears started to well up in his eyes but he stubbornly held them in. His voice was familiar, yet it seemed to be so far away. Even I was confused by my own train of thoughts. I didn’t know who he was but I knew so much, because somewhere in the corner of my heart I know of his existence.

A dark, black cloud loomed over as I felt the vibration of thunder, and as if the ground disappeared, I fell. I opened my eyes and could feel the earthen ground right beneath me. It was beautiful, a stunningly rich world which I've never once saw before. There were trees, there were flowers, there was so much more that I was unfamiliar with. The wide scenery was patched full with blossoming cherry blossoms, filled with enchanting glitters of sand. And it was there, a great silver tree right above me.

Before I was able to appreciate the overwhelming beauty of this alien world, I realized that my appearance has changed. I was trapped, compressed in a small and delicate body.

I was afraid. Thunder crashed and rain started to pour. Even the peaceful bright sky went a heavy grey. I felt the agony, the pain, and the dreadful sense of fear. Suddenly I heard the sound of a baby girl crying, it was me.

A strange figure emerged out of the tall grass plains.

“I—I found something!” It stuttered, pointing it’s large fingers at me.

“There’s—a baby girl here!”

I was crying uncontrollably, frightened by the loud, disturbing sounds of thunder and rain. Another figure approached me. It picked me up, and as I widened my eyes to take a closer look, it was a human.

“It’s alright…help is on the way. You’ll be safe soon,” he uttered.

I was helpless. There was nothing else more I could do but believe his words. He held my tiny body tightly in his arms, however a strange and cold expression overshadowed him. For a moment I stopped crying, and as I opened my throat to gasp for air, I came to realize that behind that cold appearance was a heart warmer than any other.

I began to trust him along with his warm, affectionate smile. In the distance I could hear the sound of a helicopter beating into submission. As it approaches the noise increased, and the strong wind began to cut through the tall grass plains. It was directly above us and it had a light so bright, I struggled to open my eyes.

“Now close your eyes and forget everything. Forget this sad eventful day, forget all of your painful past. I promise that you will wake up to a beautiful life. Let’s start all over, together,” he said in a beautiful, soft voice.

I didn’t think much and closed my eyes only for a slip moment. Everything became pitched black, but for once my heart felt at ease. This was where the beginning of my life truly started, and where all my memories began. Let me tell you, my story…

||17 years later||

“RING!” The alarm rang raucously, deafening me.

I opened my eyes, still half asleep. The warm sunrays sneaked through the thin, worn out curtains and gently touched my skin.

“Urrghhh…” I yawned.

I wanted to, but I was way too lazy to get up. My body wasn’t doing what my mind was telling it to do and without further hesitation, I slowly yet drifty closed my eyes again expecting for another good nap.

“ZZZ…” I heard someone beside me snore. I instantly opened my eyes and turned around.

“AH!! OPPA!!” I screamed out on the top of my lungs. Instinctively, I karate kicked him off the bed and he fell down with a loud thump.

“What do you want from me?…” he sleepily complained, still hugging tightly onto my soft, pink pillow whilst lying flat on the wooden floor.

I quickly grabbed a spoon which I’ve found in my messy room and pointed it towards him.

“What are you doing in my room?” I asked suspiciously.

He sat up, and as to my expectations, it was Baekhyun oppa. He is my 2nd oldest oppa, unexpectedly a playful type. He’s personality doesn’t even match his age. It was like watching a spirit of a 9 year old kid trapped in the body of a 19 year old teenager, and that’s exactly what bonded us. But no matter what the scenario, he was still a boy, and sleeping on a girl’s bed is an absolute no-no.

“But your bed is comfy~” Baekhyun whined.

“I don’t like sleeping with Chanyeol. He always takes up all the bed space.”

I was dumbfounded. He was 1 year older than me but it felt as if I was his mother. One day after another, I always  had to follow him around the crowded streets, making sure that he doesn’t get caught up in some weird trouble.

I let out a deep sigh.

“Where is he?” I lazily asked.

“Krystal jjang!” he exclaimed.

Baekhyun oppa dragged me into their room. I was speechless. Baekhyun was right… Chanyeol oppa did take up the whole bed space. He slept in a gigantic X position. It looked weird but I guess it felt really comfortable for him.

“Do something,” he whispered, elbowing my arm.

“You’re the older one here!” I shot back at him.

But I couldn’t just stand there. If I didn’t do something then Baekhyun would creep back and start taking over my room again. My troublemaker instincts kicked in, and I grabbed a glass of water on a nearby shelf.

“Wake up~” I whispered into his ears.

He didn’t even twitch. I knew that Chanyeol was afraid of water, it was his weakness. Well, at least I think it is. I don’t know why but since I was young I’ve never saw him take a drip of water. Maybe it was just a coincidence that I never saw him drink, but today I wanted to clear things out. I held tight onto the glass of water in my palms, ready to cause some real trouble. As I lifted the glass I heard footsteps in the doorway.

“Krystal!” someone yelled.

I turned around. It was Suho oppa. Now this guy is a real water maniac. He loves water! He is also the eldest, one year older than Baekhyun.

“Suho oppa?” I said confusingly.

He walked closer and gently tapped me on my head.

“You shouldn’t use other people’s weaknesses as an advantage. You should just play around with them,” he playfully smiled.

Suho is just the perfect prince charming that you’ll expect to appear in fairytales, the 'ideal man' sort of guy. He’s a nice and empathetic person. The only flaw is that sometimes, he just gets way too protective of me. I remember him stalking me and one of my friends while we were shopping for things during Christmas Eve. Not like my friend is some kind of evil monster. He’s just overreacting, but I still feel just as grateful for having such a wonderful oppa.

Suho walked towards Chanyeol and carefully raised his hands above his blanket. “SLAP!” Suho smacked Chanyeol directly on his bottom as we stood there and had a great time cracking up.

Chanyeol opened his eyes and began his usual nagging.

“You shouldn’t disturb someone’s sleep you know?” raising one end of his well groomed eyebrow.

“That’s what you get for disturbing mine!” Baekhyun smartly answered back.

“Come out for breakfast!~” someone eventually yelled out in the kitchen.

We immediately ran out like a herd of buffalos, racing each other down to the kitchen for the best food choices. Sadly I arrived last and got served boiled potatoes.

“Awww… I don’t like boiled potatoes.”

A person pulled my plate and swapped it with theirs. I looked up and saw D.O oppa. He is like the mother in the family. The person who take cares of all the cooking and cleaning. There was also Sehun oppa, the youngest out of all my oppa’s. He is more of a daughter type, and helps D.O manage the household. Opposite to Baekhyun, Sehun is really mature for his age.

“Woof! Woof!” I heard the dog barking from the window.

“Who’s on puppy duty today?” D.O asked.

Giving out a deep sigh Baekhyun complained.

“Hyung, how many times do I need to say this? Jet isn’t a puppy anymore, he’s a full grown dog now.”

“Stop complaining about everything and hurry up and feed him. Jet is going to collapse of hunger if you keep forgetting your puppy duties," Chanyeol rushed him.

“Huh?....oh. Is it my turn today?”

Glancing over at Baekhyun I gave him an unfavorable stare.

“Aish, look at this oppa. You we’re the one who wanted to bring him home and raise him in the first place.”

“Weren’t you also the one who begged everyone to bring him home? I only helped you because I thought that you we’re being so pitiful.”

I looked over at Suho oppa, hinting him to help me out. And like always, my black knight immediately responded.

“Baekhyun-ah, Quickly go do your job.”

“Aish. Hyung, be careful of this dangerous witch. She is controlling youuuu!” was what Baekhyun managed to spill out before he ran out to feed Jet.

Clearing his throat Suho questioned, “Any signs of him yet?”

I nervously looked around as everyone dropped their spoons. My black knight just HAD to ruin the bright mood.

“No… not yet,” D.O replied.

“It’s been so long and you guys still care about him?” Chanyeol commented.

“No matter how you put it, he‘s still one of us,” said Sehun in a depressing tone.

The mood dropped and I could sense the negativity in everyone. I actually had another oppa. I can’t really remember his name, but long ago he left in search of someone. I’m curious of who he’s searching for, and where he’s at. I don’t really remember him. All I know is that he and Suho oppa were the ones who saved me. I doubt that he remembers that I even existed considering how little I was when he left.

Baekhyun finally came back from puppy duty. I gave him a quick glance and he immediately became aware of the fishy atmosphere.

“What’s up with the moody atmosphere? Come on, let’s have some fun!” I spurted out.

I quickly tried to encourage everyone to get up and have some fun. Even if it’s just for a brief moment at least we can spend that moment together.

Nodding his head Baekhyun agreed.

“Krystal’s right. Let’s party!”

He ran in, got hold of some of his rice and started to throw it across the kitchen table. It was nasty, but it didn’t take long for everyone else to take part. Food was everywhere, maybe it was messy, but it was fun. For the first time I felt that we really were just ordinary teenagers. In that brief moment I realized that we all could be carefree, and not worry too much about the outside world.

We may look like a happy family, but deep within us we each hold a wound. I wasn’t sure of all my oppa's past, but they told me that I was found abandoned on the roots of a magical, silver tree. They even named me Krystal because of all the crystal like flowers which blooms on the tree every 100 years. I know, it sounds really silly right? Why on earth would I be left under some unknown magical tree? But silly as it sounds, it was the only trace to my past. Instead of running away from it, I figured that it would make alot more sense if I accepted and embraced that truth.

I truly want to find that magical silver tree. It’s the only thing that could possibly connect me to my past. I want to find out more. Reasons to why I was abandoned, reasons to my existence. But more than anything I want to find out why this fate was casted upon me. The wise people in our village always say that everything exists for a purpose and I wonder what mine is.

“Krystal! What are you doing just standing there? Come join in!” Baekhyun suggested.

“In a moment~” I casually replied.

I looked up into the sky, placing the puzzle pieces of my thoughts together.

“Why does it feel like everything in my life is linked to you? Can all the answers to my questions be hidden in the sky?” I murmured to myself, whilst starring out the small window.

“What a depressing life for a 17 year old girl,” a voice said surprising me.

I quickly turned around.

“Suho oppa? Why do you always eavesdrop on me?”

“It’s the only way for me to understand my little sister’s heart,” he clumsily replied.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to be one of those girls who runs away from home in search of their past or anything.”

Suho leaned out towards the window and crouched down closer to my ear.

“You never know. A person’s mind cannot be read and understood like a textbook. It is complicated and changes through time. Especially when a painful, dreadful past is revealed,” he said, as if there was a hidden meaning to it.

I was confused. What was he trying to say? Is he trying to give me a hint to my past? But that’s not possible. We were only 2 years apart so how would he know things which I don’t.

He stood up and walked off, leaving me all but confused. Forgetting what he just said I distracted myself by continuing to stare out the window, towards where Jet is having his late morning feast.

I let out a quick sigh and mumbled to myself, “Time passes so quickly. It’s already been 7 years since we got Jet home and now he’s all grown....” 

Before I was able to finish off my sentence I hurriedly turned around. I starred at my oppas who continued fighting and was unaware of me. I found the current situation ridiculous. Why are they still the same? Their appearance, their facial features. How could I have not noticed after all these years? Since the beginning, they have never changed. From their complexion to their personalities, as if they have never aged a single bit. How was it that Suho was 20 when he found me and after 17 years raising me up, still remain 20?

I’m at a loss for words. Why did something so obvious take me 17 years to realize? We live in a quiet and abandoned village. Could this be a contributing factor? During these 17 years, I grew up so well, but what exactly happened to my oppas?

Without thinking I spurted out, “Oppa!”

They stopped and looked at me with surprised expressions as my voice continued to shake, grasping for air.

“D.O oppa, tell me... how old are you?”

He twitched the corner of his eyebrow and carefully asked me, “Krystal, are you alright? Is something wrong? Are you sick anywhe---?”

“Just tell me! Just tell me how old you are! You and all the other oppas!” I screamed out before he could finish his sentence.

All the attention was suddenly on me, and feeling that pressure I held back my frightened expression.

“18.”

I stepped back, surprised by his bold and straightforward answer.

“Suho is 20. Baekhyun who is one year younger than him is 19, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai are like me. They’re 18,” he added.

The more I heard, the more certain I felt that something is terrifyingly wrong.

“Krystal, should oppa tell Sehun to go and make you some herbal tea to make you feel better?” D.O asked in a worried tone.

Oppa, how about me? How--how old am I?” I stuttered.

“Aigoo, how could you even forget your own age? You’re turning 17 remember?” he confidently answered.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol spurted out, interfering the conversation.

Suho immediately shifted his attention towards Chanyeol.

“Krystal, she has noticed something,” he said while looking towards me.

“We’ve been too careless, and our little sister has finally caught up.”

They all looked at each other, as if they were caught surprised. Chanyeol oppa carefully walked up to me and held onto my depressing shoulders.

“Krystal, I know that you are all grown up now. You are no longer that vulnerable little girl we have to look out for. I’m going to tell you something which we have all kept hidden. But before I tell you this, remember that we will always be your oppas. We will always continue to stay and protect you, and no matter what your response is after I tell you this, you will always be our cute little sister. Understand that?”

I stood there, blankly starring into his eyes as he continued to utter his words. Suho who stood silently suddenly rushed towards Chanyeol, grabbing him by the collar and gave out a violent scream.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! Are you crazy?! What kind of things are you telling her right now?!”

“Hyung, can’t you see that she’s afraid? She is no longer a child. In the past we can just make up irrelevant answers to cover things up, but its different now, it won’t--”

“But there is always going to be another way. Krystal... no, our little sister doesn’t deserve this.”

Chanyeol replied in a soft, timid voice, “Then maybe you and Kai should have never brought her here in the first place.”

The atmosphere was dark. Everything became so silent I could even hear the sound of Jet panting near the window. I never saw Suho and Chanyeol oppa this serious before.

It was a strange and unfamiliar feeling. I’ve never once thought so deeply about this. What is it that Chanyeol oppa wants to tell me? And what is it that Suho oppa is trying so hard to keep hidden? Question after question. I guess it’s finally time to uncover all of these mysteries, one by one.

Author's Note: Oh god, what a long~ chapter right? If you actually read all that then give yourself a pat on the back. You've just read 3,706 words!!! I know things are a little hectic at the moment, but hopefully the next chapter will clears things out for you guys. Thanks so much! \^0^/