○ You Can Always Ask for Help ○

Contest Fan-fictions: ○ Circle of a Life Time ○ & ● Commuted Singularities ●
 
Weeks had passed since Jonghyun had come to this world. He had never contacted the science station, simply become he couldn’t. When he tried, he only got static… and more static.
In the mean time he had been researching mostly. Trying to find some kind of antidote to this poison, but so far he had been met with dead ends. To worsen things, people had gradually been dying and that was all because he wasn’t quick enough. The chief had become impatient and even Taemin had come into his room, yelling at him that he was too damn slow with his research.
He worked day and night on the problem, but it seemed he was fighting a lost cause. Nevertheless, he was afraid to tell the chief that there was no cure. What would he do to him if he did so? Exile him, throw him in prison, behead him, or hang him? No, for now he had to keep trying.
 
The upside was that he had become friends with Minho after telling him that he had no interest in Taemin. He told the boy about Key and that the sharp, attitudinal diva was his one and only love.
Minho had accepted the explanation and thanked Jonghyun for clearing his presumptions. Ever since then they had been hanging out, much to Taemin’s dismay.
He still didn’t like the brawny soldier one bit. Jonghyun guessed that the only one Taemin was kind to was Minho, and only Minho. Not even to his parents.
 
Minho had also explained to him why Taemin was still so young. It wasn’t that the chief was still very fertile in his old days or that his wife had cheated. Taemin was simply adopted because they couldn’t have children for themselves.
This explained a lot to Jonghyun and he got to understand the younger boy a bit better. It must have been hard knowing that you’re adopted and still be the heir to the throne even though you are not blood related. Tough as it may seem, Minho was always at Taemin side and that was the only thing that counted in love. To be there when the other needed you.
 
He slumped onto the velvety bed and sighed. It was better to get some sleep than to beat himself up over a solution to this problem. He had been deprived of sleep for way too long…
 
 
Sitting next to Jonghyun, the blonde could see how lost his love was. Maybe he needed a good listening ear to talk to. Maybe a relaxing atmosphere… a bright one. What about a grass field?
He gave a nod, placed his fingers against the -now sleeping- soldier, and imagined his desirable surroundings…
 
 
Wriggling his nose, Jonghyun breathed in the fresh air that was filled with the smell of freshly cut grass. He smiled; this was so Key’s doing. His suspicious were confirmed when he heard the smug chuckle coming from next to him. Eyes still closed his reached out to his right and found the slender hand he had been searching for.
“Hey baby, is this better?” the ghost’s voice asked jokingly.
Jonghyun knew exactly what the blonde was talking about. He was asking whether this was better than the hideous study room they were in last time.
“If I open my eyes and the grass is pink, I am going to kill you.”
“Good luck trying, but the grass is green. I could make it red if you want, but then that would look like a blood-covered field.” Key stated.
The brunette laughed softly and eventually opened his eyes taking in his surroundings.
 
They were encircled by tall tree trees and average bushes. There were yellow buttercups popping out from the ankle height ‘green’ grass and a small stream flowing freely. It was gorgeous.
However, the most beautiful of all was the person next to him.
His blonde hair styled in a combination between an English gent and a schoolboy. Freshly dressed in a white button up shirt and wearing denim skinny jeans. He wore no shoes at all, knowing he didn’t need them here.
“Enjoying the view?” There it was again, the attitudinal smile of that gave his personality zing.
Those feline eyes glistering with the mischievousness of a fox, framed with long lashes in the shape of a crescent moon reflected in the shadowy water of a still lake.
 
“How can you be so perfect?” Jonghyun whispered.
Key blinked his eyes a couple of times and smiled one of his most gorgeous smiles. He wiggled closer to the brunette until he lay next to him and his side. He draped his arm over the other’s torso, covering his heart.
“You’re so sweet Jongie. But I’m not perfect… I am Key and I love you more than anything.” The blonde cooed sweetly while rubbing small circles on Jonghyun’s chest.
“As long as you love me and are not only Key, but also Kibum, Bummie and Baby Bum.” Jonghyun summed up.
Key chuckled and wondered how many different personalities he had.
“who is who?” He questioned, dying to know the answer.
Jonghyun hummed and smiled a bit. “ Key is the diva who doesn’t give a about what other people think about him and loves fashion so much that his closet is about burst.”
The blonde laughed loudly and agreed with him. He did have an enormous amount of clothing in his closet.
“Go on.” He coaxed laying his head on the other’s chest, listening to his raising heartbeat.
“Kibum is the one that cares about the people around him and has a little rebellious side to him.  Bummie is almost the same as Kibum, but with the difference that he quite insecure and likes to be complimented, and baby Bum is the most adorable person on earth. He can K.O you with babbles and the batting of his eyes. Not to mention the cute baby whining.” Jonghyun totaled.
Key smiled widely, he supported his weight in his arms and smacked his lips onto his lover’s. Jonghyun stiffened up at the sudden attack, but relaxed a second after. He couldn’t deny the diva in the slightest. The blonde slipped his tongue over the brunette’s lower lip before biting it and pulling it back, right after moving away, leaving Jonghyun totally dumbfounded.
 
“You’re a sweet idiot alright… maybe a bit romantic too.” Key winked and lay back in the grass under them.
“You know me. I love romancing the one I love.” He said while he rolled on his side, front facing the diva and reeled him into his grasp.
Key grinned, tangling their legs, and wrapped his arms around his lover’s neck. He loved that Jonghyun was so engrossed by him; it gave a warm tingly feeling in his tummy.
“So, tell me everything. You need someone to talk to that understands.” The feline rubbed his nose in the other’s broad chest and took a whiff of his scent. Damn he smelled good.
Jonghyun sighed and tightened his grip on Key’s slim body. “I don’t know what to do anymore. I have tried everything to eliminate the poison, to find an antidote. However, this is a poison I have never seen before and I am almost completely sure that there is no cure for it.”
The blonde hummed, he figured as much. Slowly he cupped the brunette’s cheeks and bend his head to place a sweet peck on the plump lips.
“Jongie… even if you are lost right now, that doesn’t mean you will be forever. There is always a light at the other end of the tunnel. No matter where you are.” He reminded the older.
The latter closed his eyes and nodded slightly. Key snuggled even closer that the relaxing warmth of Jonghyun’s body and listened to his steady breathing.
“You know I love you and don’t you ever forget that I am always on your side, supporting you. You can always ask me for help.” The blonde whispered as the both drifted to sleep…
 
 
Key woke up the first and smiled. This had been one of the best times he had even experienced with Jonghyun. The way he gazed at him still gave the blonde shivers. His stare was so loving, yet fierce. As if he wanted to undress Key with his eyes…
 
 
When his eyes snapped open he felt rejuvenated. All that thanks to Key. He jumped onto the marble floor, fixed his clothes, and ran to the library, thereby passing some maids, Taemin’s mom, Taemin and Minho. They were all staring at him as if he was crazy to be running so early in the morning.
When he entered the library, he abruptly began scanning the spines of the books that would help him. The old scent of all the knowledge invaded his nose and he sneezed. He had never liked libraries, but this was where he had to be presently.
 
After hours of searching he still found nothing and almost gave up hope. Then he remember what Key told him.
 
‘You can always ask me for help.’
 
The brunette turned in his seat and scanned around the room. Of course he couldn’t see Key, but he felt that he was there.
“Key. Can you help? I need more books, but I don’t know which ones contain the information that I need.” He asked gently…
 
 
The blonde nodded and focused on the task at hand. He used all his power to summon up the correct books, asking them to come forth in his head…
 
 
A harsh gust of wind blew through the library, even though there were no windows. Jonghyun covered his eyes with his arms, he knew this was Key’s work and grinned. He was actually very helpful, but Jonghyun rather have him in his arms than as floating around him as a ghost.
A stack of new books revealed themselves when he opened his eyes. A happy feeling rushed through his body and immediately started with the first book. However not without thanking the blonde for his cooperation.