○ The New World ○

Contest Fan-fictions: ○ Circle of a Life Time ○ & ● Commuted Singularities ●
Walking down the mundane path of the science station, Jonghyun was pondering over what could be defined as an emergency this time.
Did a soldier shoot someone or was there another coffee incident?
There had been too many cases, at which a scientist had just spilled his coffee. Jonghyun swore that if this was another coffee spill accident, he would suffocate the person responsible. Friend or not. 

A small silhouette was appeared at the end of the path and waved. The soldier sighed as he learned who it was. His wavy, honey blonde hair bounced up and down, eyes reduced to crescents as he smiled radiantly. 
“So, what's the emergency, Onew?” Aggravation was laced in Jonghyun’s voice, but the other didn't hear it. He had always been a bit oblivious towards the apparent display of negative emotions. Jonghyun believed it had to do with Onew’s yearning for happiness.
It was likely to be very simple inside the scientist's head... Save for the amount of knowledge.

“We’ve done it! We have successfully created a stable wormhole!” The blonde almost broke out in dance once he said the words he had wanted to say for a while. Jonghyun eyes widened and grinned. Finally, he could do his actual job, being a soldier. Not wasting away behind some console and flaking out.
“That’s great Onew! I’ll go change, be there in fifteen minutes.” The brunette proclaimed and ran past his co-worker, into the crème white construction.
As fast as he could he changed his clothes in the locker room and took the necessary weapons from the storage room. Even so, just as he went to open the door to the hallway, he saw something gleaming in the corner of his eyes.
It was a hand knife. The one he had always desired to use… at least once. It was gilded with gold and there were refined swirls craved into it. The blade was pure silver and as sharp as the machete he had strapped to his back.
In a rush, he snatched the weapon from its holder and hid it in his boot.
Instantly after treading out of the room.
 
The soldier’s determined strides echoed on the linoleum floor and bounced back off the equally tiled walls, as he made his way toward the science lab. Once he stood before it, if pushed in the correct access code and the door swooshed open.
The room revealed a large circle amassing in the center of the room. An approximation of how big it was… about five meters in diameter. Jonghyun cautiously legged up to it and marveled at its magnificence. It was genuinely beautiful. How the colors changed, the way the liquid rippled when he slid a finger over the surface…
All was extraordinary to be experienced and he could step through this wormhole within a few minutes! Sheer exhilaration made itself know in the brunette’s stomach, but he snapped out of his trail of thought when someone rasped his voice behind him.
 
“Here, you will need these and contact us once you get through.” Onew explained to him.
He held up a radio device and a small camera. Jonghyun had little faith that they would even work in the world he was going to. Still, you never know.
“Thanks. I’ll be off then. Until… someday.” He nodded and without hesitation, stepped through the wormhole…
 
 
All the time watching, Key noticed right away once Jonghyun had gone through. Not only did he witness it, but he also felt empty at heart. As if there was nothing that bounded him to this earthly plane anymore. He hated the feeling and floated through towards the wormhole.
“Please, let me go through. I don’t want to be alone and feel so empty.” He whispered as he put his hand through the colorful circle.
It felt strange around his hand, like he had put it inside a can of paint. Nevertheless, he had to do this!
Without a moment of doubt, the ghost floated through the liquid and gasped at his surroundings...
 
It was as if he was riding a rollercoaster, but then you could see stars and all kind of colors. It was gorgeous. However, as fast as it came, it was gone.
A shriek tore from his lips as he was ejected of the wormhole. Fortunately, he was a spirit, he drifted in air. There weren’t many times when he thanked God that he was dead, but now would be one of those times. Any animate being would be lightheaded and be sick from all the whirling and rapid alteration of scenery.
His intuition was right on when he heard hurling noises not too far from him. The diva peered of his shoulder and saw Jonghyun bending over and emptying the contents of his stomach on the ground. The soldier quickly his back and took deep breathes.
 
Key laughed and moved over to him. But stopped when he saw his surroundings.
Around ankle height grass covered the brilliant forest unfolding in his eyes. The trees seemed to be almost talking to each other with every little gust of wind that went through their leaves.
The scenery stretched out to the extent that Key couldn’t even see where it ended.
Soft groans snapped the blonde out of his trance and directed his focus towards Jonghyun.
He floated over to the sick soldier and sat next to him.
“You’re a big idiot you know that. Always saying you could handle anything anyone would throw at you.” He shook his head at the brunette and hovered one of his hands over the man’s head, the other over his stomach.
“Let’s hope this works.”
A gust of refreshing wind blew over the field they were sitting in.
 Sooner that Key thought, Jonghyun sat up, making the blonde’s hands move right through him. Key dropped his gaze to the earth. He wished that his hands had touched him instead of moving right through…
 
 
Jonghyun was puzzled; he was feeling horrible just a minute ago. However, he didn’t at present… what was going on? At first, he felt something over hind hand in the car and now this. Now he thought about it. This had occurred more than once. It happened every day, as if there was something or somebody keeping an eye on him.
‘Key…? No, he’s dead. Don’t be stupid Jonghyun’ He thought and crawled up on his feet.
Though he was surprised when he heard the screaming of girls. Looking around, he wondered where the crying had come from. He took another step and again there were girls screaming.
Jonghyun had no clue about that was happening. Why were the girls yelling whenever he put his foot down…? He frowned in confusion...
 
 
Key shook his head. He had already noticed who was screaming. Thinking about what to do, he got an idea. The blonde gave the idiot on front of him a kick against the shins.
Not that would hurt him, but at least he would look down…
 
 
Jonghyun quickly looked over to his left leg when he felt something and almost got the shock of his life.
“Hey mister! Would you please step off of my sisters?” Jonghyun was dumbstruck… was that blade of grass… talking to him? Grass was talking to him?!
“Grass is ing talking to me!” He shouted he ran over to a place without grass and put his hands on his knees, mumbling things about him going crazy.
Somewhere in the distance, he heard the blade of grass thank him. He shook his head and directly jumped behind a tree when he heard quick footfalls.
“Hi sweetie, you’re kind of cute.” A voice said next to him.
He sighed when he saw that it was a red flower hitting on him. What was with this planet?
The soldier concentrated on the footsteps. It didn’t seem to be one pair, but two.
Holding his riffle close to his body, he waited until the owners of these footsteps made themselves known. You never know if they were hostile or not, but judging by his environment, Jonghyun guessed that this was a peaceful world. However, how people didn’t go crazy with talking grass, he didn’t know.
 
He felt his heart thump in his chest as the bushes stirred.
What was it? An animal? Human? Or maybe an alien?
‘Get a hold of yourself Jonghyun’ He shook his head.
 He sighed in relieve when he saw it was only a frail boy bursting from the green. He was being tailed by another boy.
“You can’t catch me Minho! You are way to slow!” the boy yelled towards the other and laughed playfully.
“I’ll catch you, you little zoom fly!” the one named Minho called back.
Jonghyun was amazed by this scene. Not only did they speak his language but they also appeared to be playing tag. The most standard game for children.
He lowered his riffle, not wanting to scare these kids off, and stood up from the bushes. He wanted to make first contact with these inhabitants. He only hoped that they wouldn’t attack him… but that seemed highly unlikely by the way they were acting.
 
The boy being chased flew by him, without even seeing him. However, the second by halted near him and frowned as he adjusted his gaze towards him. He approached the strange man slowly and cautiously.
The first boy appeared to have noticed that his friend wasn’t following him anymore and turned around. He now also saw the strange man and quickly hid behind his friend.
“Hello, my name is Jonghyun. What is yours?” the soldier asked politely.
The hiding boy flinched and hid himself even more. Jonghyun saw the boy suspiciously eyeing his guns and clothing. He guessed it must be a little scary to talk to someone who looked so strange and different.
The boy in front tilted his head to the side. “The name’s Minho.”
“T-Taemin.” The hiding boy stammered.
Jonghyun’s heart went out to the scared boy and he knew he had to assure they both of them that they knew that he wouldn’t hurt them intentionally.
“I’m not going to hurt you boys. I am just a simple explorer.” He promised them.
At that, the hiding boy jumped out of his hiding place. His eyes were like big puppy eyes.
“An adventurer? Is that why your clothes are so weird?” Taemin asked inquisitively.
Jonghyun chortled. “You could say I am from another world than this one.”
Now it was their time to laugh.
“Another world? You’re crazy.” The both stated, unimpressed.
Jonghyun shrugged. “You see that?” he pointed at the wormhole he had just come through, “That is a worm hole. It lets people travel through to other worlds.”
 
“The color circle!” Taemin exclaimed and abruptly dropped to his knees.
Minho did the same as they apologized profusely.
“We are so sorry, Mr. Jonghyun. Can you forgive us?” Taemin asked. The pout he had on his face was simply adorable.
“Why are you kneeling? Please stand up. I am no one special.” Jonghyun tried to tell them, but they remained kneeled before him.
“On the contrary Mr. Jonghyun. It has been written in the stars that you would come to us, and help us with our plight.” Taemin explained.
The boy’s eyes were filled with hope; Jonghyun couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. The other boy seemed to believe in this prophecy as well.
Yet, the soldier didn’t believe anything. How could a couple of stars tell something about the future? It was the same with if you went to a palmist or believe that horoscopes actually knew about your life. That possibly was close to none. Life was unpredictable. That much Jonghyun already experienced.
Sorrow overwhelmed him so abruptly that a tear escaped his brown eyes. He hated thinking about it. Nevertheless, he had to push on. For Key, for himself. If there was one thing he knew, it was that Key would kick his if he wasted his life...
 
“Please, you have to come with u to out tribe. The chief would be honored to meet you… and he can explain more than I ever can.” Taemin told him. He flipped his red hair out of his eyes and stood up.
The knowledge that they had a tribe let Jonghyun know that they weren’t as advanced as his world. But hey, they did have talking plants. That had to count for something right?
“Okay, I’ll come. However… I wanted to ask. Does every blade of grass in this world talk?
Minho laughed and told him that the plants were their friends. They were treated equally to humans. Jonghyun thought it strange that plants were so highly respected, but at the same time, he could understand.
After all, it were the plants that gave them life… oxygen…
 

As they followed the pair of friend to their tribe, Key was consumed and shocked at why these two regarded Jonghyun so highly.
It was almost they though he was a hero.