The First Night

the SHINee Gods

She shifted in the back of the cab. Uncle James was trying to say something to her, but everything was just a blur. Its been like this ever since her "adopt-a-parents", Julie and Mike, died. They left her a will, but it  was only a piece of paper. She reached back into her pocket and pulled out a crumbled piece of paper.

"Alex! are you listening to me?" She lifted her head to face him, "When you arrive there I can't walk with you, but there will be a trail that'll lead you there. Call when you get there safley."

Why does he care? He is just taking what little money my adoptive parents had Alex thought. She looked down at the paper and within it's contents read:

Dear Alex,

We are so sorry that this has happened. We want 

the best for you. We have decided,

that once we are gone, you must go back to your real mother.

The address is on the back of the paper, but Alex, be prepared for anything.

We know you will do fine, but make sure you are on your toes.

Once you are at your destination, there will be a woman named BoA.

She will reveal to you, your true mother, life, and destiny.

Never forget Alex, that what we have done for you was done out of love.

Love FOREVER,

"Adopt-a-parents" Julie and Mike

She could guess that her mother had written the letter. It had the corner folded, which was what she tended to do while writing. There were tears covering the paper, but no use crying about it now. The only other thing that she had from her parents was a rope. Her mother said it was given by angels. She said that it could stretch as far as she needed it, but at the moment it was simply a short piece of gold string, about 12 inches long.

The care drove into a forest. Alex looked out of the window, every tree, every shrub, every leaf, were different. In there own unique way Alex could see they were different. She had always seen things differently though. The cab haulted with a jolt. She turned her head to see her uncle coming around to open the door for her. 

She stepped out and saw a dirt trail leading deep into the forest. He looked at her and handed her, her baby blue duffle bag. "Now listen, Alex. Whatever happens, try to bear with it. Because I promise it will get better." 

Alex waved him good-bye. As she turned to head down the trail, she could've sworn to see wings on her uncle. She turned around to him blinking. He simply smiled and gestured for her to go. He then walked back to the cab and drove off.

Great, I'm left alone in the forest, somehow i feel like i always knew i would be abandoned. Alex shrugged the thought off and headed down the trail. About fifty feet in she could see a figure in the distance. She squinted hard to try to see who it was, "Excuse me, are you BoA?" Alex asked. She reached into the pocket of her jacket to find the rope. She hardened her grip on it.

Suddenly the figure came chargin at her. Alex pranced out of the way at the laast second. She slammed against a tree trunk. She gasped for air as the figure came at her again. She dodged it once again just pushing off the tree as the huge mass slammed on the tree. It fell over with a great thud.

Alex looked around to find resources. She found four trees standing in a square. She sprinted for it as the creature chased after.

She ran to one tree and tied the rope around its trunk. Not soon after the monster lunged itself at her. She ducked, it barely skimmed her head and slid past the tree. She kept running in rotations around the four trees, then when she reached the same tree she had started on she used it to jump off and onto a higher branch. The creature still snarling looked up at her.

Now that she could see its face, it seemed like a bull, but it only ran on two legs. It has arms of a bull, its body of one two, but it had hands and walked on its two hind legs.

The bull charged into the center of her rope masterpiece. She had set each and every rope carefully and precisely. Once it reached the center, she jumped down pulling the rope tight. It flung up as she landed on the outside of the woven ropes. The beast was left tangled in a net. the net held strong as it was made of the rope of angels.

"Very good. An interesting show," A voice hummed from a tree. 

Alex smirked, "haha, i bet. I don't think you see a girl fighting a bull every day."

"Oh, but i do." the voice stepped out from the shadows. It was a woman. At first eye sight, one might say she was old looking. But for Alex who saw differently she was magnificent. Her brown hair was wrapped up on her head, held in place by a wreath. She wore an elegant white gown. One of the tunics that Romans and Greeks wore. 

Her facial features were elegant. they were shapr and refined, unlike Alex's. The sun glowed just right on her skin. She seemed to be radiating light.

"What do you mean by that?" Alex retorted at her responce. The woman gestured her over and she grabbed her duffel back and they headed down the path once more.

"Alex Hatena, do you know who you are? I am BoA the one you are seeking." The women said. Every step she took was graceful. Alex couldn't take her eyes off the woman.

"Um, I hope so. I mean I don't know my real parents. I was adopted when i was an infant by Julie and Mike Hatena. They recently passed away, but they sent me here." The woman simply nodded at her answer.

"Well, let me tell you, you are much more than that. Alex, do you see things differently." Alex blinked. Why would she know that..? 

"Well, yeah, but its always been like that. I mean i do things differently. I mean.... Whenever i do things, I can do them effortlessely. When all my friends are struggling on Geometry, I'm already passing Alegebra II." By now they reached a huge gate.

There were words engraved along the inside Alex read to herself, fortis et sapientis esse gratum. Or the brave and the wise are welcome. Alex had excelled in alomst everything that school offered. She, being poor, Was going to school on a scholar ship. they walked inside. It was a grand place. 

Mostly nature, with a Greek/ Roman essence. Alex was marveled. Even the other kids were marvolous. They walked with power and confidence. Alex tightened her grip on the strap of her duffel bag.

"Alex, welcome to Mount Olympians training center. You, my dear friend, are of god or godess blood." Alex could only look in awe as BoA walked her to her new room.

On the outside it looked like a tent, but the inside, the things that this place could do. \The tent transformed as they stepped in. They walked into a cozy room. BoA put Alex's other suitcase down on the bed.

"You can turn this place into whatever you want, but make sure it is clean. We do not accept 2 things. Messiness, and angels." Alex twitched at the last word. what did that mean? and what kind of place was this?

"What do you mean?" Alex turned BoA was heading out of the tent.

"I'll shall tell you when mourn comes. Till then, sleep well my child. May the gods and goddesses watch over thy in thine sleep." she walked out and left Alex standing in her new room.

Without anything else to do she unpacked her stuff. not a whole lot, but enough to get by on. It was mostly clothes. She had other things like an ipod, a phone, an alarm clock, shoes(lots of different kinds), jackets, sweatshirts, towels, a laptop(which she hooked up right away), blankets, etc..

She lay in bed, sleep would be expected, but she tossed and turned in her bed. She pulled out a sketchpad. It was almost like a diary. She was wonderful with words, but Julie was an artist and she wanted to carry that on. She flipped throught eh pages reminsing. She came to a blank page and walked over to her desk. She lit the two candles on the stand and took out a pencil. She drew her and the beast or minotaur, as BoA explained. She was grapsing the rop and the beast struggled in her clutches. Her face wore an expression of a warrior, one could say.

She put the sketchpad away. Sleep still resisted her so she out on her pair of shoes and went for a jog. She ended down by a lake. The shore was filled with all different kinds of stones. She looked as the water tinkeld, it was almost as if there were little people dancing on it's surface. She saw the moon reach its high point in the sky and jogged back.

She shrugged everything off, exept for clothes, and jumped into bed. She closed her eyes, and started to drift into the darkness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this is one that i'm going to try out. It will almost be like a book. Please enjoy it. I will try my best to update, i can't promise every week, because i have other stories, school, and a life.

Thanks for reading. If you wonder where Shinee is. Just wait for the next chapter! They'll show up so Don't stop reading!

Keep reading, subscribing, and commenting.