Surprise? Part 1

Love Isn't A Game!

"What?! This flight lasts 18 hours?! Yah, Daniel Chae!" Jihye slightly shouted, earning quick glances from the passing strangers. Daniel merely blinked at her, he thought she knew.

"Uh, yeah.. We live in Seattle and South Korea is over seas.."

She sighed and frustratedly ruffled her hair, something she had been doing often. "What am I going to do for 18 hours?!" She whined to her bestfriend. Daniel just laughed at her while settling into their seats.

"It's so rare to see you like this! Whining, I mean, haha!" He said between his laughs. Jihye shot him a glare, "You're not a nice person.. Why are we even best friends?!" 

He shook his head, "Right? We're like 4-5 years apart, yet we get along so well." Daniel then flashed her his big smile, eyes turning into cresent moons. "Maybe you're the reason why I don't get to have girlfriends! It's your fault, Jihye-ah!"

She turned to him and immediately retaliated, "Hey! Whether you can get a girlfriend or not, isn't because of me! You just don't have game, Danny."

Now, it was his turn to make a comeback. She simply stared at the older one, smirking as if daring him to go on, "I.. No, you.." He stuttered, "Just shut your face, you stupid bunny!" Jihye let out an 'mhmm' while Daniel just hung his head in defeat.

Just then, a stranger stood among them. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?" His slightly husky voice made Daniel's and Jihye's head snap towards him.

*It's him! The rude blondie! Awwh, man.. This is going to be a long flight..* Jihye thought, quickly turning her head back to the window.

Being the polite person Daniel was, he spoke. "No, it's not taken. You can sit here." The stranger cracked a smile, thanking him. A boring, monotone voice rang through the speakers on the plane. "Hello everyone. Flight to South Korea will be parting soon, so please fasten your seat belts. Thank you." The three of them did as told obediently. They went on doing their own things. Jihye fixing her burgundy beanie and tucking her fringe under it, before putting on her black Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Daniel was casually reading a book that he's been hooked onto the past couple days. The stranger.. Well, he still remains nameless for now.

The plane took off and Jihye continued to stare out the window. *Goodbye Seattle. Hello Korea.. I'm going to miss the memories.* She tore her gaze away from the small window and sank back in her seat while sighing in content. Hip hop music was blasting through her headphones, Jihye closed her eyes. *I hope history won't repeat itself. No boys, no heart breaks!* Daniel nudged her with his elbow and her eyes opened slowly.

"What is it, Daniel?" Weariness could be heard in her voice. She slowly pulled her headphones down to her neck, looking towards him with curiousity.

"Do you want a pillow or blanket? You look so stressed, bunny..." Daniel's voice trailed off.

"I'm fine, or more like I will be." She answered him. Daniel played with his fingers and Jihye's curiousity was rising, obviously noticing his strange behavior.

She adjusted her body so she could face him, "So.. Spill the milk, Daniel. You've got something to say and I'm here for the next 18 hours, stuck with you!" She said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

He smiled brightly at her, "Well, uh. Oh, gosh. How do I say this.." He continued to fidget in his seat. "I'm going to be a singer! Surprise..?" Daniel searched her face for any reaction. When he couldn't find any, he prolonged his gaze on her.

Jihye brought her shoulders up and down, shrugging. "I already knew it would happen. You always sing to me and ALWAYS talked about a singing career." She smiled before continuing, "I was there for your audition. Well, Sharon and Christina was too. I'm proud of you for passing your audition, Daniel!" He took her hand and squeezed it in comfort.

*It's like they don't acknowledge my presence! Aish!* The stranger thought, looking everywhere else but at the two people next to him. *Wait, he's becoming a singer? So am I.. Time to start a conversation~*

Just then, he had heard a loud SMACK coming from his left side. He whipped his head around, only to see the boy holding onto his forehead for dear life and groaning in pain. "Don't hold my hand. Got it?" The girl said smirking and turned away from him. She put her black headphones back on and closed her eyes again. 

The stranger took the chance to strike up a conversation. "Hey, are you okay?" Daniel turned to the side, peeking an eye at the other guy. "Yeah.. I think so.. Holy , this girl, I swear!" Daniel smiled at the stranger's concern.

"Oh, that's good to hear! I'm Youngjae, by the way. Yoo Youngjae." He said with a wide grin.

"Shoot, how rude of me! The name's Daniel, Daniel Chae. And," Daniel paused to point at the girl behind him. "That rude girl is Jihye. Don't mind her though, she's a little restless." He smiled warmly at Youngjae. Youngjae quickly glanced at the now fast asleep Jihye leaning against the wall of the airplane.

*Oh, so that's her name..* Youngjae thought, smiling to herself.

"Excuse me, Miss!" Daniel called out to the flight attendent.

She smiled at him, "Yes, sir? How can I help you?"

"Can we have 3 pillows and blankets, please?" She nodded and left to go get what he had requested. Daniel simply smiled as a thank you. Jihye was still sleeping with her headphones on.

Youngjae his lips nervously, "So.. I overheard that you were going to become a singer. If you don't mind me asking, for which company?"

Daniel let out a light chuckle, "Actually, I've already debuted. My group is having a comeback, so we're going back to Korea for preparations. I work for 2Works." Youngjae nodded along to what he was saying. "Are you going to become a singer, too, Youngjae?" Daniel asked curiously to his new friend.

The latter nodded happily, "Yeah! I'm really excited, it's like my ultimate dream come true!" Daniel cchuckled at Youngjae's behavior, "Good luck, man. I hope you accomplish that dream of yours!" They smiled at each other, continuing their conversation, changing the topic every now and then.

The flight attendent suddenly appeared before them once again. "Here are your pillows and blankets, sir. Would you like anything else?" She said giving off a flirty vibe towards the boys.

"Uhm, no thanks.." Daniel replied awkwardly while taking the supplies from her hands.

"Alright then, I'll be around again if you need me." She winked at them before leaving.

"Ew.." The two boys said in disgust, shivered at the same time. Then they looked at each other and laughed. Daniel passed a pillow and blanket to Youngjae. "Here! I think we should go to sleep, since it's getting a little late."

Youngjae smiled in appreciation towards Daniel, "Thanks!" He then watched Daniel as he tended to Jihye. Daniel slipped the pillow under her head and arms, then carefully and lightly tucked her in with the blanket. Youngjae kept watching in awe as Daniel continued to pull her headphones off, turning her music off in the process, and adjusted her beanie over her eyes.

*Seems like he loves her a lot.. Are they dating?* Youngjae curiously thought. *Wait.. Why do I care? I don't even know her!* He shook his head of the thought. He also noticed that Daniel had fallen asleep, so Youngjae did the same.

-----------------------------

Jihye woke up hours later to find Daniel and Youngjae sleeping. Seconds later, she noticed a light weight around her arm. He had his arm linked with her. "Aish, this 21 year old child..." She said quietly. She leaned over to stare at Youngjae.

Jihye immediately frowned, *He's going to strain his neck like that..* She unlinked her arms with Daniel and quickly reached out to place her palm on his forehead, pushing it to a more comfortable position.

A breath escaped , "Success!"

Suddenly, the familiar monotone voice spoke through the speakers, "We will be arriving at the Icheon International Airport in 15 minutes. Thank you for choosing KoreanAir." After listening, Jihye turned to shake Daniel awake. "Daniel! Hey, wake up, sleepyhead!" She said trying not to raise her voice. He slurred incoheret words and Jihye lightly slapped his cheeks.

He shot up in his seat, "YAH!"

She quickly clamped her hand over his mouth. "Shut up! People are staring and it's embarrassing!"

Hearing the ruckus, Youngjae woke up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. "Hey, what's going on.."

He saw Jihye and Daniel shoving and angrily whispering to each other. They were too involved in their dispute, they couldn't even hear Youngjae. Youngjae felt slightly strange and turned to look around. People were glaring at him and he sank in his seat, hiding his face in his palms.

"It's your fault!"

"No, yours! You slapped me!"

"Oh. My. Gosh. You're such a baby, Daniel! It was like a baby slap, get over yourself! Tsk, DRAMA QUEEN!"

"Why you little b--" Daniel was cut off by Youngjae, who was clearing his throat to break up the fight. Jihye and Daniel turned to look at Youngjae.

The latter gulped at the murderous looks, "Uhm.. There's people staring..." That got them to stop arguing. Youngjae sighed in relief.

"Sorry, Youngjae.. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Daniel said apologetically. Jihye scoffed and threw herself back in her seat with an annoyed look on her face. Daniel quickly threw a glare at her. "Don't mind her, Youngjae. She's just being rude."

Youngjae gave him a smile an uneasy smile as his eyes shifted towards the super annoyed Jihye. He then looked away, sighing in the process.

A voice came through the sound system again, "We have finally arrived at the Incheon International Airport. Thank you for choosing KoreanAir." Everyone got up and grabbed their belongings in the top compartment, then piled out of the plane. As soon as they were on the ground and they quickly disappeared into the busy airport. 

Daniel turned to Youngjae dramatically, "So this is goodbye, my friend! Let's exchange numbers!" Youngjae couldn't agree more, it was as if they were friends forever. The boys exchanged numbers and bid their farewells. Jihye stood a good distance away from them. She was playing around with her phone.

Daniel walked towards her and nudged her arm. "Let's go.." She looked up at him and scoffed, keeping her silence hanging in the air. She walked away from Daniel, rolling her belongings along with her.

Daniel let out a big sigh and tailed her from behind. "Stop being mad at me! I didn't mean to snap at you, okay? I didn't mean to..."

She stopped walking, "You're giving me a headache, so shut your face." She continued to walk again, scanning her eyes around for her name on a board. 

Daniel quickly caught up to her, "You're not mad anymore, right? Right?! Hey, don't leave me alone! Let's go together!! Jihye-ah!" Daniel continued running after her.

 

---------------------------

Okay, I honesly don't think this is a great chapter, since it's so lengthy..
But you know, whatever floats my boat, right? My fourth chapter will be
written and proofread tomorrow in class! Why? Because I feel like 
writing in class... Jaykays, I get my creativity during class, that's why!
Anyways, feedbacks are always appreciated! (: Bye bye for now<3
Sincerely & Love, 
Marilyn<3