Tomorrow

That's The Way Love Goes

Tomorrow
I dont know what to say
Tomorrow

***

*Ring*

*Ring*

Melissa took out her cellphone from her purse and answered it. “Hello Kim?”

“Melissa.. I need you here please..” Kim’s voice was cracking.

“Kim? What’s wrong?” Melissa’s face was full of concern.

“Just please get home as soon as you can Mel. Please..”

“Oh sige, pauwi na naman talaga ako. I’ll be there soon.”

“Thanks.. Bye..”

Melissa hung up her phone and looked at Matt. “Something’s wrong with Kim. Kailangan ko ng umuwi.”

Matt nodded his head. “Okay, I understand.”

As soon as Matt dropped her off, Melissa rushed to their door. She opened the door and looked for Kim.

“Kim? Nandito na ako.” announce Melissa.

As soon as Kim heard Melissa she went out her room and rushed to her side hugging her.

“What’s wrong Kim? You’re scaring me..”

Kim let go of Melissa and started pacing back and forth in front of her. She placed her hand on her forehead and confessed. “I’m in love with him. I can’t believe this. I’m in love with him.”

Melissa’s eye grew wide in realization. She placed her hands in . Kim turned her head towards Melissa. “What am I going to do?”

Melissa took Kim’s hand and led her to their sofa. “You’re in love? For real?” Kim nodded. “Oh my God! I can’t believe this! My bestfriend is in love!” Melissa stopped her celebration. “Teka, you’re in love with a guy right?”

Kim gave Melissa a friendly slap. “Of course with a guy! Would I be this freaked out if it was a girl?” Kim raised her eyebrows. “Okay.. Maybe I would freak out.. But the point is I’m in love with a guy.. more like.. a gay?”

“Si Gerald?”

“Yeah.. Hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko. Ever since una kaming magkakilala there was already a connection. And super bait at caring pa niya. Napaka-gentleman at sweet pa.. Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari pero friend, mahal ko na talaga siya...” Kim sighed and slumped on their sofa.

“Teka, teka,” stopped Melissa. “Eh kahapon lang iniiwasan mo yung tao tapos ngayon in love in love na yang pinagsasabi mo?”

Kim’s face lit up and she started to giggle. “Kanina, sinundo niya ako sa trabaho..”

“No way!” Melissa interrupted.

Kim nodded fiercely. “Yeah.. at hindi lang yun! He even brought flowers for me. And then we went to his house, tapos dapat magluluto siya pero hindi natuloy.” Kim’s blushed went unnoticed by Melissa. “Kaya ayun, nagtake-out na lang ulit kami. Hay naku friend, isa lang ang masasabi ko. Nakakalimutan kong isa siyang bading kapag kaharap ko na siya. Ewan ko ba kung imagination ko lang pero feeling ko super manly niya talaga. At napaka sweet talaga niya.. Haaaay..”

“I think you should tell him then.” said Melissa. “Mahirap itago yan specially kung lagi mo siyang kasama. And I’m sure hindi ka naman makakaiwas sa kanya.”

“Sabihin sa kanya? Naloloka ka na ba?”

“Well, sabi mo sweet siya sa’yo and caring. Malay mo he feels the same way?” Melissa suggested.

“Feels the same way? Didn’t I already told you about Rayver?”

“And didn’t you also tell me na hindi ka naman sure na si Rayver yun? Saka, si Gerald na mismo ang nagsabi na wala siyang boyfriend/girlfriend, so until magkaron siya, you still have a chance. All you have to do is tell him.”

“Pero what if he doesn’t feel the same way?” Kim asked anxiously.

“Kim... It’s been a long time since you’ve felt this way. Shouldn’t you give yourself a chance to find the happiness that you deserve? And hindi mo yun makukuha if you don’t tell Gerald what you feel. Kapag tinago mo ‘yan, you’ll end up hurting yourself more.”

“To tell you the truth Mel, I’ve never felt this way about someone before.”

“Ayun naman pala eh... So tell him.. It pays to be honest”

“Okay... I’ll tell him.”

***

Matt arrived home to find Gerald staring into space. He walked up to Gerald and nudged him. “Hoy.. Bakit ka tulala? Basted ka ni Kim?”

Gerald was surprised to find Matt home. “Oh? Andito ka na pala. Anong sabi mo?”

Matt sat beside him. “Sabi ko bakit ka tulala? Girl problems? More specifically, Kim problems?”

Gerald ran his hands through his hair. “I can’t do it anymore Matt.”

“Can’t do what?”

“I can’t pretend anymore.”

“So are you trying to say you’re giving up on Kim?”

“Hindi! I can never give up on her. Mahal ko siya. Kaya nga hindi ko na kayang magpanggap eh.”

Matt frowned. “Hindi kita nagets. Kung mahal mo siya, bakit ayaw mo ng magpanggap? Di ba yun naman ang plano mo?”

“I feel like I’m betraying her. Ayoko ng magsinungaling sa kanya. Also, kanina kasama ko siya and the whole time I was with her, never once did it occur to me that I’m suppose to be gay. I was the real me and not the pretend one. Ayokong siya pa mismo ang maka-discover that I’m only pretending. Gusto ko ako ang magsabi sa kanya and I also want to tell her the reason why I did it.”

“Because I blackmailed you?”

Gerald scowled. “Pare, seryoso ako dito tapos bigla kang babanat ng ganyan.”

“Ikaw naman, I’m just lightening up the mood. Hindi ako sanay na ganyan ang itsura mo eh.” Matt tapped Gerald on his back. “I think you’re making the right decision. It’s wrong to start a relationship with a lie.”

“Pero I already did. Nagsinungaling ako di ba?”

“Kaya nga tinatama mo na agad di ba? Kaya nga gusto mo ng sabihin di ba? Kasi mahal mo siya at ayaw mo siyang masaktan, di ba?”

“Mahal na mahal ko siya pare.” Gerald smiled as her remembered Kim.

“Kailan mo sasabihin?”

Gerald was about to answer but he heard his cellphone ring. He checked and saw it was Kim. “Hello?”

“Hello Gerald?”

“Yeah, Kim?”

“Uhuh.. Kamusta? ” Gerald heard Kim laugh. “Sorry, parang not long ago lang magkasama tayo tapos kinakamusta na kita.”

Gerald joined Kim. “Well, it’s been almost 2 hours.”

“Well, napatawag lang ako to ask you something.”

“Ano yun? Anything I can do?”

“Well, napansin ko lang na lagi mo akong nililibre kaya kung gusto mo, libre kita bukas ng lunch.”

“Libre? Sigurado ka ba? Nakakahiya naman-”

“Wag ka ng mahiya. Basta treat ko.” Kim interrupted. “Actually, I won’t take no for an answer. Unless you have other plans already?”

“No, no.. Wala. Pero sure ka talaga?” Gerald feels bad just thinking about Kim paying for him.

Kim nodded but realized Gerald can’t see him. “I’m sure. Promise.”

“Sige, sunduin kita bukas mga 11:30?”

“Okay! Thanks ah.. Sige, matutulog na din ako..”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Kimmy.”

“Goodnight Ge, sweet dreams.” she answered grinning.

“Sweet dreams.” Gerald heard Kim hung up. He placed back his phone on the table and looked at Matt.

“I guess I’m telling her tomorrow.”