Breathless

That's The Way Love Goes

Go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me until I can't deny this
loving feeling, make me long for your kiss
Go on, go on
Yeah, come on...

Breathless by The Corrs

***

Gerald easily pulled Kim so as now she is sitting on his lap. He curled his arms around Kim and pulled her tighter against his chest. He leaned closer to her so that all she could see was beautiful brown eyes, full of passion and love.

Kim felt familiar hands brush on either side of her neck, tracing a path down to her shoulders. Her heart hammered so loud she wondered if Gerald could hear it.

Gerald continued tracing down from her arms to her hands. All the while leaving a trail of electricity behind. He took her hands and kissed her palm. He brushed her hair back from her face and settled his hand on her cheek. “I love you..”

Kim was speechless. The contact sent electricity all throughout her body. His admission sent butterflies in her stomach. He smiled and her whole body tingled. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks, pinking it.

Gerald nuzzled his face against hers until he found her lips. He kissed her slow and gentle, pressing his lips lightly and then brushing them back and forth against . His mouth slowly slid back leaving Kim wanting for more. “Now, alam mo na kung sino mahal ko?”

Kim grinned. “Hindi pa yata eh..”

Gerald smiled as he cupped her face and tried to kiss her softly. His arms wrapped around Kim so tightly as his lips tasted hers. Kim instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck while her hands knotted in his hair, pulling Gerald closer to her as possible.

The gesture didn’t go unnoticed for Gerald that he couldn’t hold it any longer. He kissed Kim roughly, moving his lips against hers. Kim returned with equal fervor, gripping his neck tighter into her arms.

Gerald’s lips opened with Kim’s as he caught her lower lips between his teeth. Her breath mingled with his.

Gerald moved his attention from her lips to her forehead, he kissed both her eyes, the tip of her nose and then back to her lips. The whole gesture made her heart flutter. Gerald loosened his hold on Kim a little and let his lips slide to her ears. “I love you baby.. Now don’t forget to breathe..” He smirked.

Kim didn’t realize she was holding her breath. She hit Gerald playfully. “Ikaw kasi eh! Dinidistract mo ako eh..”

Gerald pinched Kim’s cheek slightly. “I can’t help it.. Ang cute mo kasi..”

“Gerald?? Sabi ni Matt gising ka na daw..” Both Kim and Gerald turned their heads to the door and found Melissa standing there. Kim immediately moved from Gerald’s lap to the open space on the bed beside him. “Oh? Asus Kimmy.. Nahiya ka pa niyan? Ang tagal ko na kayang hinihintay na magkaboyfriend ka na ulit.”

Gerald smiled as he wrapped his arms around Kim. “Mel, mahiyain lang ata talaga ‘tong bestfriend mo eh... Did you want something?”

“Are you feeling better?” She turned her head towards Kim. “May lagnat pa ba siya Kim?”

Kim placed her hand on her boyfriend’s forehead. “Konting sinat lang Mel.”

“Well, I made soup.. Kung gusto niyo dalhan ko kayo?”

Kim shook her head as she started towards Mel. “Wag na Mel.. Ako na lang kukuha..”

Gerald saw this and immediately grabbed Kim’s hand. “Huwag mo kong iwan.. May sakit pa ako..” He pleaded with a pout.

Kim chuckled. “May sakit ka ng lagay na yan? Sandali lang ako.. Kukuha lang kita ng pagkain. Promise I’ll be back in 2 minutes.”

“2 minutes lang ah..”

Kim nodded and planted a soft kiss on his temple. “I’ll be back soon.”

Gerald relaxed as he lie down on Kim’s bed while Kim and Melissa walked out to the kitchen.

***

As soon as they were out of Gerald’s earshot Melissa cornered Kim. “Ano na yan? Nag kiss and make up na ba kayo ni papa Gerald?”

“Eh! Ikaw ha! Pareho kayo ng isip na boyfriend mo..”

“Hindi kami ang pinaguusapan dito.. Ano na nga? Tell me the juicy details!” Melissa asked excitedly.

“Ayon.. Alam mo na..”

“Anong alam ko na? Tinatanong nga kita paano ko malalaman?”

“Kami na..” Kim whispered.

“Ha? Anong sabi mo? Hindi kita narinig eh..” Teased Melissa.

“Sabi ko kami na! Kami na ni Gerald!”

Matt poked his head in the kitchen. “Hoy Kim! Alam kong inlove na inlove ka diyan sa pinsan ko kaya lang wag mo namang pagsigawan dito! Nanonood yung tao eh!” Matt and Melissa laughed out loud as Matt went back to watching tv.

“Sorry..” Kim poked Melissa. “Kasi naman ikaw ang kulit eh..”

“Sorry na.. Tell me the details! Anong nangyari?” Melissa asked as she gave the bowl to Kim.

“Ayon.. He explained everything to me. Sabi niya kaya siya nagpanggap kasi gusto niyang maging mas close sa akin.. Tapos yun! Sabi niya mahal daw niya ako..” Kim explained everything to Melissa as she was pouring soup into the bowl. “Sinabi ko din sa kanya na mahal ko siya.. Tapos na sorry kasi hindi ko siya pinagexplain.. At nagsorry na din ako kasi nagkasakit siya dahil sa akin.”

“Tignan mo na! Sabi ko sa’yo misunderstanding lang ang lahat eh.. Tapos.. Anong nangyari?”

“Anong anong nangyari? Eh di bati na kami ngayon.”

Melissa rolled her eyes. “Alam kong bati na kayo.. Ibig kong sabihin.. Kiss and make up ba?”

Kim blushed at her best friend’s question. “Uhmmm... Siguro?”

Melissa squealed.. “Oh my God! Details please!”

Kim placed the soup on a tray and included some fruits and bread as well. “Hoy.. I’m not a person who kisses and tells..”

“Come on Kim! I’m your best friend! Besides kung hindi sa’kin hindi mo mamemeet yang si Gerald!”

“Let’s just say he took my breath away..” She laughed as she quickly made her way back to her room.

***

“You said 2 minutes.. That was 4 minutes and 37 seconds..” Gerald fake whined.

“Sorry Mr. Anderson.. Si Melissa kasi tanong ng tanong eh..” Kim placed the food tray on her side table. “Umupo ka na..” She took a spoonfull of soup and proceeded to feed Gerald.

Gerald leaned towards her and opened his mouth to eat. “Wow.. Kung ganito kang kasweet kapag may sakit ako sana lagi na lang akong magkasakit.”

Kim playfully hit him. “Sira.. Pinagalala mo talaga ako..” She continued to feed him until he finished the soup.

“Teka, ibabalik ko lang to sa kusina.” Kim started to get up but Gerald stopped him.

“Mamaya na Kim..” He patted the space beside him. “Paghele mo naman ako.. I’m really tired, pwedeng hintayin mo muna akong matulog bago ka umalis?”

Kim nodded and went to sit beside him on her bed. “Sige na nga.. Ako naman ang dahilan kung bakita may sakit ka ngayon eh.” She placed Gerald’s head on her lap and ran her fingers through his hair.

“Kim.. Thanks for forgiving me..” whispered Gerald.

“It’s okay..” Kim replied still running her fingers through his hair.

“Also, thanks for making me the happiest I’ve ever been..”

“Me too Ge...”

Gerald placed a soft kiss on Kim’s lips. “Mahal kita..”

“I love you too..”