Lying To You

That's The Way Love Goes

Lying To You

I've been lying to you
All these things I've been meaning to tell you
But I'm scared - afraid you'll leave me alone again

Lying To You by Bedfor Drive

Gerald looked straight towards the road. He doesn’t want to continue lying to Kim. After all, that’s what Kim hate the most. But on the other hand, if he stop pretending, he will definitely stop seeing Kim. She will never even consider being friends with him, let alone be her boyfriend. He looked at Kim’s questioning eyes.

“Please don’t get mad at me..” he pleaded.

“Get mad? What did you do?” Kim’s heart started beating fast. “Don’t tell me..”

This is it. It’s now or never.

“Actually, I wanted to know if you will help me pick out some outfits!” Gerald giggled. “Kasi naman, super chaka ang mga outfits ko! Paano naman ako makakahanap ng mga papa niyan?”

Kim let out the breath she was holding. She didn’t even know she was doing that. She really thought that Gerald had something important to tell her. “Ano ka ba naman! Pina-kaba mo ako! Outfits lang pala ang kailangan mo. Kala ko importante. Ikaw talagang bading ka. Siyempre tutulungan kita noh!”

Gerald looked at Kim incredulously, “Hoy girlaloo, if you must know, shopping for my clothes is a very important thing to do! I don’t wanna look ugly noh! Sayang naman ang beauty ko..” He patted his cheeks.

“Oh sige na, sige na. Important na.. Hanap ka na ng parking para makapag-start na tayo ng ating shopping galore!” Kim clapped her hands. “I’m so excited!”

Gerald smiled to see Kim so excited. ‘I’m sorry.. I don’t want to hurt you but I want to be with you’ he thought sadly. He didn’t want to lie but if lying means he can be with Kim, then he will do it. He just hopes that when the time comes and she learns the truth, she will understand him.

It took awhile for them to find parking. As soon as they were parked Gerald asked Kim what she wanted to do first.

“Nagugutom na kasi ako..” Kim smiled sweetly. “Konti lang kasi yung kinain kong breakfast kanina.”

“Oh sige, lunch muna tayo. I guess I can wait a little longer to shop.” Gerald rolled his eyes.

“Hmmp! Fine, ikaw na ang masunod! Pero I’m telling you, baka mahimatay ako sa gutom.. Sige ka..”

“Asus, you’re so kaka! Tara na.. Didn’t I say we’ll eat first? Besides, tom jones na ako..”

“Tignan mo toh.. Tapos rereklamo reklamo ka pa. Tara na nga!” Kim took Gerald’s hand and started walking towards the entrance. “San mo gustong kumain?”

“Doesn’t matter. Ikaw pumili.”

“Okay.. Pwede Jolibee na lang?”

“Jolibee? Oh my God.. Ang dami daming magagandang restaurants dito ang gusto mo sa Jolibee? Sasayangin mo naman a beauty ko eh.. Wala namang papa dun!”

Kim looked at him with a pout on her face. “Pero gusto ko talaga ng chicken joy at peach mango pie eh..”

“I’m joking. Of course we can go to Jolibee..” ‘How can I say no to that?’ he thought as he looked at Kim’s pouting face. “Let’s go! We have a whole day of shopping ahead.”

----------------------

Three hours and 20 bags later, Kim finally decided that she was done. “Wow.. That was fun, wasn’t it?” she looked at Gerald only to find what seems to be a collection of different paper bags and boxes with two feet. “Gerald? Buhay ka pa ba?”

“Kim.. Remind me never to shop with you again..”

“Sorry! I can’t help it! Besides, we got you tons of stuff too remember? And remember yung isang guy kanina that was checkin you out? Nag-wink pa nga sa iyo eh..”

How can Gerald forget? The freaking guy probably thought he’s really rich, with all the stuff that he was carrying. If it wasn’t for Kim he would have punched him square in the face. “You know, for someone who hates guys, ang galing mo ring makakita ng ganon ah. Why were you looking at him?”

“FYI, I wasn’t looking at him. I was looking at you and then I noticed that you looked uncomfortable. So I looked around and saw him.. Bakit? Di ka pa ready for another relationship?”

“Naku, gusto lang akong gawing sugar mommy nun noh! Anyway, let’s not talk about that! Baka mag cry me a river lang ako niyan..”

“Arte mo..” Kim tried to take some of the bags from Gerald. “Amin na, tulungan na kita diyan. Kanina ko pa sinasabi sa iyo eh.”

“Wag na.. Ayos lang ako. Tara na ayan na yung car ko.”

“I’ll open the trunk for you kaya lang naka-lock. Ayaw mo namang ibigay sa akin yung ibang bags para ma-free yung hands mo. Sabihin mo na lang sa akin kung nasaan yung keys mo.”

“It’s in my front right pocket. Kunin mo na lang.” Gerald forgot that it was Kim who’s with him. “Ay, you know what I’ll do ..” Gerald trailed off as Kim put her right hand into his pockets and searched for his keys. “Ha ha ha.. Teka, nakikiliti ako.”

“Found it!” Kim showed Gerald the keys. She looked up to see Gerald staring at her. She couldn’t help but stare back at his beautiful eyes. When she realized what she was doing, she blushed. “Ikaw ha.. Makilitiin ka pala!” She walked towards the car and unlocked it.

“Hindi no.. Ginulat mo lang ako.” Gerald placed all the bags inside the trunk while Kim opened the passenger side door. As soon as Gerald was done, he got inside and backed out.

“Thanks sa pagsama mo sa akin ha! Nakakatawa ka talagang kasama.. Hope we can do it again soon.”

“Sure thing Kim. Malakas ka sa akin eh.” Gerald smiled and pinched Kim’s cheeks.

“Aray naman..” she touched her cheeks. “Ingatan mo naman yan, baka mamaya lumaki cheeks ko magmukha akong si Flounder niyan.”

“I’m sure you’re still going to be pretty.”

“What did you say?”

“I said, I’m sure you’re going to kill me..”

“Talaga! Eh magmumukha akong isda nun eh!”

When they arrived at Kim’s house, they realized that no one was there. Gerald helped Kim carry all her shopping bags inside the house.

“Are you sure you don’t want to me to stay? You’re all alone here.” asked Gerald.

“I’m sure. Ano ka ba.. Lagi naman akong alone dito kapag hindi pa dumadating from work si Melissa.”

“I just want to make sure you’re going to be okay.”

“I promise I’ll be okay. I’m just going to sleep lang naman. I still have to get up early tomorrow for work.”

“That reminds me, ako din pala. Oh sige, mag-pahinga ka na.” Gerald gave Kim a hug and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. He looked into her eyes and said “Goodnight.. Sleep tight.”

“Goodnight din. Sweet dreams.” She gave him the sweetest smile. “Text mo ko pag nakauwi ka na ha? I just want to make sure na you got home safely.”

“I will.. See yah!” He walked towards his car and got in. He saw Kim still standing by her front door. “Get inside na Kimmy. I want to make sure you’re safe inside your house before I leave.”

“Sige na nga.. Goodnight!” Kim gave him a final wave and went inside her house. She went to the washroom to get ready for bed. As soon as she was done, she went inside her room to change into her pajamas. After changing, she got in her bed and heard her phone ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey Kimmy.. I just wanted to let you know I got back home safely. Sorry it took awhile, nag toothbrush at nagbihis pa kasi ako eh.”

“It’s okay. Muntik ko ng tawagan ang mga pulis kasi ang tagal mong magtext sakin. Buti na lang nakabawi ka kasi tumawag ka na lang.”

“Sorry if I worried you. Sige na, I’m just letting you know. Get some rest. Goodnight..”

“Goodnight.. again.. Bye.” Kim heard Gerald answer back. She then hung up the phone and stared at it. She saw that Gerald changed her wallpaper. It was now the picture of them both when they were eating lunch. “Ang ganda ng smile niya..” she started, “at ang gwapo pa.” Kim shook her head wildly. “Ano ka ba Kim, para kang tanga. Nagagwapuhan ka sa isang bading. Hay naku, matulog ka na nga.” She set her alarm and lie down her bed. She looked at the picture one last time and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

---

“Bye” Gerald heard Kim hang up. “I’m sorry for lying to you..”