Chapter 16

EXOTIC LOVE : The Missing Piece
[Phone rings..]
“YEs.. this is Tiffany’ speaking. How may I help you?.."
 
 
“Oh Chany.. Yes? what’s wrong..?”
 
“Really? Im coming right away. Dont leave him alone please..”
 
“Okay, thank you..”
 
Oh dear.. Chanyeol called. Dad’s having his heart attack again.. And I need to go to the hospital right away. He needs me. I need to encourage him to fight. Dad has been bedridden for how many weeks. and Ive been incharge of the company. I need to stay strong for my family. If  Taeyeon would be here, I know Dad would be okay..
 
I went inside the car and drove towards.. Wait, whats the address again?. Chung-An Hospital.. Okay I got it.
 
                                                                           *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
“Please faster.. I need to call now.. “
 
“Tae.. calm down..  Everything’s gonna be okay..” 
 
“I dont know Sooy.. I feel so excited.. I feel so worried..”
 
“Its okay.. We’ll get there, lets wait.” 
 
At least Sooy calmed me a bit. Its almost 12 noon. And the elevator seems to run slow. uh.. I dont wanna waste time.. Its gonna be okay.. I closed my eyes and  held a deep breath. Whoo.. Inhale, Exhale..
 
 
\Elevator Tings\..                                              *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
 
“Wheew!.. Im exhausted. I still need to more floors to go. I shouldve use the stairs, but I was wearing my stillettos..
Never mind.. Im inside the elevator now...
 
Ugh, Please faster.. why cant this elevator go up faster?.. Faster please.. 
 
I looked beside me. A tall girl wearing uniform calming her friend. And what is she doing here right now..? Arent should they be in school?.. Oh.. Kids.
I stared at the girl. She looks familiar.. Wait.. I looked closer.. I also looked at the other girl. She looks calmed now but she closed her eyes and trying to do an exhale.. But she too, looks so familiar.. I stared at her.. 
,Wait,, Oh no,,
 
cant be?..
 
\Elevator Tings..\                                                      *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
 
“Taeyeon.. let’s go.!”
 
Sooy’s voice interrupted me and I opened my eyes. When the elevator went open, I immediately grab her hand and ran outside. No time to lose.. We need to get to the topfloor. And fast! And I pulled her towards the lobby. We turned left, then right, then we opened a door and up the stairs and at last! We came to the rooftop. This is it.. This is it! Tiffany.. Dad.. Mom.. Im coming.. I cant, wait to hear your voices.
 
                                                                                  *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
I was greatly shocked, I cant move.
My knees felt so weak, and feel them want to  crumble.. My eyes did just see..
 
wait.. Tae?.. 
 
Then I heard her say,  Taeyeon.. Am I right?. Did I heard it right?..
 
Taeyeon..
 
you/re alive.. 
 
                                                                               *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
“Excuse me maam? are you going to stand there for an hour or are you going to get outside the elevator?..
 
“Oh! sorry.. I was just..” I went outside the elevator  and tried to ran towards them..
But my feet were just so weak to do it.. They seem very worried.. And  I can figure out there must be something wrong..
I need to follow them.. 
 
“Tae.. “ but my words too.. they’re gone.. I started to cry..
 
“Tae..” I cant even move my legs, my feet..
Whats happening to me. I just saw her.
I just saw her. She’s just right beside me..
 
But a minute past and she’s gone right before my eyes.. They vanished. I fell into my feet..
 
 
“Tiffany!” 
 
I felt someone on my back.. “Are you okay?..” It was Chany..
“C-can.. you help me.. g-get up..”
 
Taeyeon.. She’s almost there.. I almost touched her.. 
“Come on Tiff.. lets get you up,.”he helped me sit  right into a near bench,. 
 
“What happened right there?, What happened to you?..”
 
“I-I..”
 
my mouth was still blocked with speech.
I cant move any muscle. I just sat right there and stared blank at the the floor.
My tears were still flowing.. 
 
“I what..?”
“I-I .. saw her.. “
“Who/s here> Who>?”,,
 
 
“I saw Tae..” 
 
                                                                                    *                      *                       *                      *                      *
 
“Yes,! its ringing Sooy! Its ringing!..”
I shouted at Sooy.“Really?”.. Go! you can do it..”
 
“Uhm.. Hello.. “
 
\Sorry, the number you dialled is no longer working or unavailable. Thank You\
 
“..no way..”
 
I think Im gonna die.. No way.. Why now..? NOw, that we’ve exerted too much. NOw that all of us were okay?.. NOw that’s everything is okay.. NO.. No.. 
 
“NO..” I fell on my knees. 
 
“Tae.. ? What’s wrong?.. “
“Its not working..”
 
“Wait, what?..” Sooy grabbed the phone from my hands. She tried to call the number again. and again. She gave me a sad face.. “ugh, maybe the signal’s was just..” 
 
“No.. we know Sooy.. We know..” I started to cry..
 
“Why..?..” i felt myself shaking.. i dont know.. the strength I felt this morning seems to wear away.
 
I think its useless. Everything Ive done.. All this, Ive done myself. All are useless..
 
“Shhsh.. stop crying now.. We’ll just find them..”
Sooy patted my back. I dont know. I feel so weak.. I feel so alone, so abandoned.
 
“We’ll find them, Tae. We’ll find them..” and Sooy hugged me.
 
I cried bitterly. I cried and cried.
I hope Sooy..
 
I hope.
 
Sometimes.. When we feel the essence of real happiness, the second thing that comes around that you'll never expect is emptiness. 
I hope so. I hope so...