Part 2 (2/2)

Maybe Falling in Love is Fate but Sometimes it Isn't

 

Yixing could only watch from Heaven as Joonmyun’s body started deteriorating.  The red head was still almost always happy.  He still had a flower blooming smile and there was never a frown on his face.  He was happy with Sehun. 

            Joonmyun knew he had a few years to live.  But he wasn’t afraid to die and he didn’t dread it either.  He spent his days with Sehun normally.  They would go shopping, go to the movies, bicker about what TV shows to watch and just enjoy each other’s company.    

            While Joonmyun had accepted his fate, Yixing was trying desperately to find a way to save the fallen angel.  He asked all the other angels if they knew a way to save Joonmyun (they didn’t), went to the great library and researched for hours (couldn’t find anything useful), and even asked the Elder Angels (they told him nothing would work).  Yixing went so far as trying to get an appointment with God (he was denied an appointment).  But nothing worked, so Yixing just stayed on his cloud and watched as the man he loved got weaker.  Joonmyun’s skin was turning blue.  His angel DNA was rejecting his human body and it was an angel’s unique way of decomposing. 

Yixing saw Joonmyun explain to Sehun what was going on.  He saw Sehun start screaming and crying in frustration while Joonmyun tried to comfort him and tell him it was alright.  It was similar to the way Joonmyun tried to comfort him, Yixing realized.  But it wasn’t alright.      

Yixing even heard Joonmyun console Sehun. 

“Because I wouldn’t be able to live without you in heaven.  A year…even if it’s only a year, would be worth a lifetime if I could spend it with you.”

Yixing wanted Joonmyun to say that to him. He had to watch the man he loved withering away with someone else.  He was supposed to have an eternity with the red head.  Their centuries together weren’t enough.  He wanted a lifetime.  He wanted forever.  But because he made Joonmyun lose his wings, the man only had a few days left, maybe an hour. 

Yixing didn’t know what he would do when Joonmyun would disappear and cease to exist.  The bond was broken but it didn’t mean that he could live without Joonmyun.  Because Yixing didn’t think he could.  They’d been together for centuries.  They were still soul mates despite the broken bond. 

Yixing didn’t have to look down on Earth to know when Joonmyun took his last breath.  He felt Joonmyun’s pulse stop within his own body and it was followed by a painfully empty ache.  As if Yixing felt his own “heart” stop, he collapsed onto his cloud.  He yelled in anguish and little drops of tears formed in his eyes before they quickly became air. 

He stayed on that cloud for a week without lifting his gaze.  Because nothing was beautiful anymore, now that his beautiful angel was gone.

What would he do with the rest of his life?  Angels lived forever.  They were immortal.  Yes they could die but it was only if an angel chose to (this was greatly looked down on) or was killed by another angel (then they were usually rejuvenated and the other angel sent to hell). 

The only comfort Yixing had was that he could still see the paling pattern of their old bond.  It was dimming every day because it was no longer real, but Yixing could still trace the intricate patterns with his finger if he wanted to.  He wasn’t sure if it was from his memory or from the actual paling marks.  Nothing seemed to matter anymore.      

Yixing lifted his head and blinked as his eyes adjusted.  Everything was the same.  The air was clear, the clouds were fluffy and the pretty gates of Heaven were a few miles away.  The two guards of Heaven stood stock still on their respective clouds and didn’t bother looking at him.  Everything was the exact same.  Heaven rarely changed.  But at the same time nothing was the same. Nothing would really be the same. 

At that moment Yixing decided what he had to do.  He’d vowed to be Joonmyun’s soul mate forever.  And Yixing didn’t want to be an angel if his angel wasn’t beside him.  He was going to jump off the cloud, cast away his wings and fall to his death.  Yixing took a deep breath and was about to jump off the cloud when he heard a voice in his head.

“Yixing! Stop!” Yixing wobbled on the tip of the cloud but was immediately brought back to it when he felt strong arms hug him from behind. 

“Yixing.”

“Joonmyun?” Yixing was afraid he was hallucinating.  But when he slowly turned around he saw Joonmyun, his Joonmyun.  In all his full glory: red hair, blue eyes, and white wings. 

“Joonmyun!”

“What were you planning on doing just now?” Joonmyun pulled away from Yixing just enough to see his face.  Yixing had never been so happy to see the other angel glaring at him before. 

“What would I do if you died?” Joonmyun narrowed his eyes at Yixing, “Do you know how many obstacles I had to go through to come back here?”

“Are you real?” Yixing started touching Joonmyun everywhere he could to make sure he was. 

“I’m real,” Joonmyun sat down beside Yixing and put his hand in Yixing’s. 

“How is that possible?” Yixing asked.  He could feel all the pain he’s had over the last few weeks slowly wither away.  He could feel warmth spread through his body.  He could feel the freezing temperatures around him get warmer.

“Because of you.  Because you never gave up on us.  Because I never did either.  You can’t separate a bond like that.  No matter what happens we’re always going to be together.”

Joonmyun suddenly grabbed Yixing’s head and turned it to face him.

“You knew,” Yixing remembered back to the day when he visited Joonmyun, “You knew you would come back?  But how?”  

“Because of our bond.”

“Our bond is broken,” Yixing flinched when he said it. Joonmyun looked shocked at what was said as well. 

“I need you to know,” Joonmyun looked down at the ground and a tear glistened down his cheek, “I might have loved Sehun but I never stopped loving you either.  I never gave up on us.” 

Yixing felt a burning sensation and looked down at his arm.  Slowly, the intricate scar patterns gained definition; he could see them darken before his eyes.  He lifted his shirt; the pattern on his heart darkened and then he felt a pulse of life race through his body. 

“Then what took you so long?” Yixing smacked Joonmyun on one of his wings, “I thought my life was over.  I didn’t think you would come back!”

“It wasn’t easy getting back here,” Joonmyun sighed, “I had to talk to the Elder Angels. I wanted to come back to you sooner,” Joonmyun grabbed Yixing’s other hand, “I’m sorry it took some time.”

“You put me through a lot, Joonmyun,” Yixing opened his wings and started leisurely flying away. 

As expected, he heard another pair of wings open and Joonmyun was quickly flying beside him, “Yixing, I haven’t seen you in years.  I miss you.  Can you please stop flying so I can greet you properly?”

“And how is that?  With a wave?” Yixing waved his hand teasingly.  He laughed when Joonmyun pouted.  The red head slowly flew over him and fell on top of him almost making Yixing stumble onto a moving cloud. 

“I want to hug you properly and then kiss you until you get sick of me,” Joonmyun flew up again and blew on Yixing’s hair. Yixing felt snow form on his head. 

Yixing shivered as he dove away, “I can never get sick of you, you idiot.  Even if I want to hate you I can’t.” Yixing landed at the Gates of Heaven and turned to Joonmyun. He noticed that Joonmyun’s wingspan was smaller; maybe five feet and the tips of his wings were a bit charred. 

“What’s this?” Yixing asked.  He Joonmyun’s wings. 

“It looks cool right?” Joonmyun grimaced, “It might take time to get used to it.  I don’t have as much power when I fly.  But I’m willing to try.  Are….are you willing to forgive me yet?” Joonmyun looked really timid and unsure, “I’ll never leave you this time.  I promise.”

Yixing shook his head, “You don’t have to promise me that.  Just promise you’ll always come back to me in the end.  No matter what happens or who you’ll fall in love with.  I just want to be the person you can spend an eternity with.  I want to be the angel you come back to.”

Joonmyun laughed, “You’re my home, Yixing.  I always come back home.”  He intertwined his fingers with Yixing’s as they passed through the gates.  They could both feel a slight hum as their hands touched.  They could feel the bond interlocking their hands in place.  Yixing felt a tug on his hand and turned to Joonmyun.  Joonmyun put a hand on his cheek and moved forward to leave a soft kiss on his lips.

“It’s our destiny to be together forever.” 

 

Waaah the story is finally over!!! I'm sorry if some of you were disappointed.  For me I love Seho and Sulay equally and it was really tough for me to write a story with the two couples ultimately prevailing.  I wasn't sure when I wrote this if you would hate Suho in the end for what he did to Yixing and also what he did to Sehun.  In a way he chose both of them but left both of them.  For me I think he did love Sehun a lot but Yixing is his constant and there's no way he can stop caring for Yixing.  But Sehun was so special to him that even when he was with Yixing he wasn't entirely with him.  

For me I think Suho belonged with Sehun and Joonmyun belonged with Yixing.  And don't think that Suho had a short amount of time with Sehun.  Heaven time goes past way quicker than Earth time so Suho spent a good amount of years with Sehun before he passed away.  And I'm not sure if Yixing should accept Joonmyun so quickly after choosing someone else over his soulmate but they have such a close bond that staying mad would only hurt them more.  don't ask me what will happen in the future cuz i dont know myself XD 

But I hope you guys liked it!!! Seho and Sulay ftw <3 

Bye yeom 

Toshi out <3