Part 1 (3/3)

Maybe Falling in Love is Fate but Sometimes it Isn't

 

Sehun didn’t get flashes of memories of his life; it was too short for that.  But he did close his eyes and wait for everything to end.  He waited for the hit as he fell rock bottom but instead of the hard cement floor, he felt warm arms envelop him mid-fall.  When he opened his eyes, he got the surprise of his life.  Suho was carrying him…and he had wings. 

            “What the ---Suho?” Sehun tightened his arms around Suho as the elder dipped from the additional weight he was carrying. 

            “I told you to be careful, stupid,” Suho looked angry and disappointed but Sehun could tell he was more worried than anything.  Sehun put his hand to Suho’s cheek when he saw the red head’s eyes brim with tears.

            “If I lost you, I don’t know what I’d do.”  Suho flapped his wings and he steered them out of the building through the roof.  They flew a short while and landed in an empty park nearby. 

            When Suho had his feet on the ground, he gently let Sehun go.  When Sehun backed up he couldn’t help but gape.  His best friend, his boyfriend, the person he loved had friggin wings!  And they were huge and white.  The wingspan must’ve been about eight feet.  And Suho’s eyes were a bright blue. 

            “I guess I should explain some things,” Suho gave that angelic smile that Sehun was used to but Sehun noticed that Suho’s voice was different.  It was slightly accented…more refined.  He was speaking in a god-like…angel-like tone. 

            “What—what are you?” Sehun had his mouth open and he moved forward to touch the white wings that were sprouting from Suho’s back. Suho flinched under his touch but otherwise stayed still.  Suho’s eyes suddenly turned brown; a wind funnel was appearing beside them.

            “I am…was your guardian angel.  I was supposed to protect you from harm, but I’ve succeeded.  You’re no longer in danger.  I guess,” Suho grabbed Sehun’s hand, “I’m done here.  I…need to go back.”

            “Wait…What?” Sehun was still on guardian angel.

            Suddenly in the swirling wind funnel, a figure appeared.  This person had bigger wings than Suho and only a cloth to block his private part.  This man’s body was statue-like and he was glowing so brightly that Sehun had to squint to look directly at him.  He had a wreath on his head and he was looking at Suho like he was going to smite him. 

            “He’s seen you in your angel form?  Are you mad?”

            “It was the only way I could save him.  I had no choice; I couldn’t let him die.”  Suho kneeled on the ground beside the other angel.            “

            The angel looked at him pitifully, “You were never supposed to love him.  Only protect him.  You’re probably going to be severely punished for this.  Now get up.  We need to go.  I’m going to have to wipe him clean of every memory he has of this.”  The angel turned to Sehun who cowered slightly under the man’s powerful gaze. 

            Suho looked stunned but he couldn’t argue.  Sehun seemed to finally comprehend what the angel said and he moved away, “No! Does that mean I will forget Suho hyung?”

            The angel nodded his head, “Well obviously we need to make sure you won’t recall any of this.”

            “Hyung,” Sehun looked over at Suho who was looking depressingly at the ground.  He looked up when Sehun called him and looked at the angel, “Can we put a speech bind on him instead?”

            “Hyung, what’s going to happen?  Where are you going?  Are you—“

            Suho got up and put his hands on Sehun’s cheeks.  The angel scoffed behind Suho but made no attempt to intrude.

            “I need to put a speech bind on you, forbidding you from telling anyone about what you saw today.  I don’t know if it’ll prevent you from talking about me.  I don’t know what it’ll bind you from talking about.”  Sehun could see Suho’s eyes turning blue right in front of his eyes.  Suho moved forward so his forehead was touching Sehun’s, “I’ll never forget you, Sehun,” he took the corners of Sehun’s lips and pushed them upwards, “Smile, Sehun.  You need to be happy, so I can be happy.”  

            “Joonmyun, your time here on Earth is over!” the angel held up his long golden stick and aimed it threateningly at Suho.  In a flash they were both gone.      

           

“Joonmyun,” Yixing sat down beside Joonmyun who was sitting on a cloud. 

            “I’m sorry, Yixing.  I know it must hurt you too.  You don’t deserve this,” Joonmyun looked beside him.  He could see Yixing’s glowing tattoo that was burned into his arm.  It was identical to the one on his own body.  The long tattoo extended to their chests and a bigger part was ingrained to where their hearts were supposed to be.  Angels didn’t have hearts or internal organs.  They were made out of thin air and that’s what they were mostly composed of.    

            “I just want to know why,” Yixing looked mentally drained.  He felt pain but it was nothing to the physical pain he felt each time Joonmyun thought about Sehun.  He was soul mates with Joonmyun.  And they had matching tattoos that bound them together.  It meant that they were meant to be together and any violation to that actually made them go through physical pain as well as emotional pain.  It was a way to punish them for disregarding what was destiny.   

            “It’s just different with him.  I don’t know what it is,” Joonmyun was too afraid to look at Yixing and he closed his eyes as a pain racked through his body.  He’d been in love with Yixing for centuries and they’d been soul mates for almost as long.  He still loved Yixing and it was confusing. 

Yixing filled in the empty spaces that Joonmyun lacked.  He was basically Joonmyun’s other half.  They were made that way.  No, for heaven’s sake, Yixing was more than half of Joonmyun.  They’d been together for so long that Joonmyun wouldn’t be who he is without Yixing.  Joonmyun loved Yixing.  It was in his genetic makeup to love Yixing but despite his fate, he genuinely loved the man.  He wanted to stay here in Heaven with Yixing for as long as he lived, but right now Joonmyun (Suho) wanted to be with Sehun more.    

            “I don’t want to let you go,” Yixing grazed his fingers on Joonmyun’s tattoo and it immediately soothed the pain they were both feeling. 

            Joonmyun nodded his head. 

            “Will you come back to me one day?” Yixing made patterns against Joonmyun’s tattoo and Joonmyun could feel it burn a little bit but he was still looking down at Earth.  He’d been in Heaven for a week (about 3 years in Earth time) but it felt like an eternity. 

            “I always come back in the end,” Joonmyun turned to Yixing and saw he was crying.  He immediately shot up both of his hands to Yixing’s face to wipe at his tears, “Why are you crying?”  He might love Sehun now but he still loved Yixing and he never wanted to see his Yixing in pain.    

            “Because you need to go.  And I don’t want you to.”

            “It’s impossible; I can’t leave, Yixing.  I won’t leave.  I’m meant to be with you.” 

            But Yixing was shaking his head.  He pointed at Joonmyun’s tattoo.  Joonmyun looked down and where there once were dark black lines forming an intricate pattern, a pale scar was in its place. 

            “Maybe you will come back to me one day and then this will become a bond again,” Yixing looked into Joonmyun’s confused face. 

            “Why did you?”

            “You need to go,” and faster than lightning Yixing pushed Joonmyun off of the cloud.  Joonmyun tried to open up his wings to fly, but he couldn’t and in his head he could hear Yixing say, “You’re now a fallen angel.  Maybe you will come back to me one day. And I’ll wait for you until then.” 

            It was the last thing he heard and remembered before he out.

 

            It’d been three years.  Sehun hadn’t given up on Suho, but at this point he had given up on miracles.  Sehun was just walking out of his favorite bubble tea shop when he spotted a familiar face walking in his direction. 

            Red hair, bright eyes and a kind smile.  It was Suho. 

            Sehun dropped his bubble tea and started running as fast as he could towards his hyung.  Suho’s eyes widened and he held out his hands to stop Sehun but the younger ignored him and threw his arms around his hyung. 

            “Hyung, it’s really you!”

            Sehun could feel Suho trying to pry him away from him. 

            “I’m sorry.  I think you have me confused with someone else.”

            “Hyung!  It’s me!” Sehun desperately tried to grab Suho’s hand but the red head moved away. 

            “I’m sorry.  My name is Joonmyun.  Not Suho.”  Joonmyun looked at Sehun with a warm but sorry expression.    

            Sehun was panicking at this point, “No.  It’s you.  Stop doing this!”

            “I hope you find this Suho guy but I’m not him,” Joonmyun immediately turned around and started speed walking away.

            Sehun quickly ran after him and grabbed him by the back of his shirt, “No.  Don’t go!  Please!  Don’t you remember me?” Joonmyun looked scared and Sehun desperately put his hands on the red head’s cheeks. 

            “Oh God.  Can you please get away from me?”

            Sehun dropped his hands and rummaged through his pockets, “Look!” he held out his phone.  It was a new phone but the phone charm was still the same.  It was a wing, “You gave me this.  You said that,” Sehun fell onto the ground.  He couldn’t manage to get the words out.  He was going to lose Suho again. 

            Joonmyun looked at Sehun curiously and then at the charm.  He bent down beside Sehun, “Are you okay?

Maybe I should get you to a hospital—“ Joonmyun’s hand reached out for Sehun’s to help him up.  As he did, his hand grazed the wing charm.  Suddenly his grip tightened and he pulled Sehun into a hug.  He remembered everything like he’d been living a second life; now he knew who he really was.   

            “Hyung?”

            “I remember,” Suho pulled away so he could look at Sehun.

            Joonmyun had lost his wings.  He was no longer an angel.  He still had the genetic makeup of an angel and he still had memories of being an angel but technically he was no longer one.  And it was a good thing. He could stay on Earth.  He could be with Sehun.  

 

END OF PART 1

 

 

Hey guys!! This is the end of Part 1!  I told you guys from the beginning that this is a Sulay and Seho story!! Even though most of the vocal subbies here are Seho fans, please don’t hate Lay in this story.  As you can see he’s sacrificed a lot for Suho.  They’ve been together for a long time and he’s giving up the one person he’s been with and is supposed to be with, so Suho can be happy.  If anything you guys should all feel sorry for him.  (haha. I feel sorry for him)

 

Part 1 is the Seho story line.  For fans who love Seho and don’t want to read Sulay then don’t read Part 2.  Part 2 will be Sulay centered.