Part 1 (1/3)

Maybe Falling in Love is Fate but Sometimes it Isn't

I'm not sure if I'm being bias because I love Suho (and I can never hate him ever) and I love Seho and Sulay equally but you guys might dislike Suho by the end of the story.  Or at least won't agree with what he's done?  Hopefully you won't because you really need to understand how he feels about both guys but yes i won't say anything more...  

 

PART 1 

            “Sehun-ah!” Sehun turned at the sound of his name and saw a smiling red head wave at him from across the school lawn.  The boy looked absolutely dazzling wearing just a white t-shirt and dark jeans.  The sun was shining brightly on him and his smile probably had enough power to make flowers bloom from the ground.

            Sehun turned his back on the boy and started walking away as quickly as he could.

            “Hey, you brat!” the boy was running across the lawn and Sehun quickened his pace, but the red head soon grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a stop. 

            “You heard me calling, didn’t you?”

            “Yes, Suho hyung,” Sehun looked down at his feet.  Suho was his neighbor.  He lived two rooms down in the university dorms.  Suho had taken it on himself to take care of Sehun since the younger’s first year of college: introducing Sehun to all of his friends, taking him to the best college parties, telling him which dining hall foods to avoid and where the best bubble tea places on campus were. 

That was about a year ago, but it didn’t stop Suho from sticking to Sehun like a leech.  Sehun was now a sophomore and Suho a senior.  Each morning, Suho would go to Sehun’s room without fail, holding a cup of Sehun’s favorite bubble tea.  And together they would walk to their first class of the day together because they were in the same vicinity.  Suho was a teaching assistant and Sehun took intermediary calculus. 

            Sehun always told Suho he found their morning routine annoying.  That he would rather have that extra few minutes of sleep than be dragged out of bed.  He would rather be late to class than have to deal with Suho’s bright and energetic self in the morning.  Because honestly he didn’t know how Suho could always be so happy that early. 

            But no matter how annoying Sehun said Suho was, he’d gotten used to the redhead.  They spent every morning together and close to all day every day together.  Suho would come over around dinner time so they could go to the dining hall.  After, they would go to Suho’s room to finish their homework and then to Sehun’s room to play video games or watch a movie. 

            So it was surprising that today Sehun woke up ten minutes later than he usually did.  And it wasn’t because Suho was knocking on the door.  It wasn’t because his roommate Jongin was making unnecessarily loud sounds with his “friend” Kyungsoo.  It was because he naturally woke up.  And when he did wake up, he stayed in bed for a whole three minutes wondering why the hell Suho hadn’t come to his room. 

            “Your favorite!” Suho waved the cup of bubble tea in front of Sehun’s face.  He ruffled Sehun’s hair as Sehun snatched it from his hands. 

            “Where were you this morning?” Sehun didn’t want to sound curious but he couldn’t help casting a side glance at Suho, who turned somewhat gloomy at the question.

            “I had to take care of some business,” Suho looked away uncomfortably, but the next second he was smiling at Sehun.  He ruffled the younger boy’s hair again. 

            “Aish stop it already,” Sehun growled as he fixed his hair.  He didn’t want to say he secretly liked it whenever Suho did that. 

            Suho chuckled as he put his arm around Sehun. 

            “You missed me, didn’t you?” Sehun saw Suho grin and punched his hyung in the gut. 

            “Getting some extra minutes of sleep?  No.  Dream come true.  I mean I actually did finish my dream this time.”  Sehun slurped his bubble tea and Suho just chuckled.  

            “Suho-yah!”

            Sehun and Suho both turned at the sound of someone’s voice and turned to see Suho’s handsome friend, Lay, waving at him.  Lay was so unnaturally good looking that Sehun felt pained whenever he looked at him.  Lay had the same unnatural beauty that Suho had except Sehun learned to accept Suho’s unnatural good looks. If Sehun didn’t think Lay was completely wrong for Suho he would say the two would be perfect for each other.  They were like two good looking gods that would have the most handsome baby on earth.  If that was possible, that is.  What was he thinking?  Sehun shook his head.    

            “We have that thing, remember?” Lay raised an eyebrow at Suho and pointed to an empty classroom. 

            Sehun tried to squash his anger and jealousy as Suho slightly nodded his head at his friend. 

            “I’ll see you tonight, Sehun-ah,” Suho clamped him on the shoulder before walking off to Lay.  Sehun watched as Suho tackled Lay from behind.  Lay laughed and quickly threw an arm around the redhead. 

            Sehun frowned as he saw Suho jokingly push Lay away but then quickly bring the other back to him. Suho laughed and threw his arm around Lay.  Suho was friendly with everyone and Sehun was used to that.  But he didn’t like the way Suho was acting right now.  And he didn’t know why he felt this way.  But he felt that something was off with Lay. 

           

 

            Sehun felt like an idiot waiting all day for Suho to come knock on his door.  On Thursdays, Suho got out of class around three and immediately went to find Sehun.  Actually, Suho was always trying to be with Sehun every single free minute or second he had.  From an outsider it would seem like Suho couldn’t survive without Sehun.  But it was already seven.  The rush hour for dinner time was over and Sehun was still sitting at his desk waiting for Suho to friggin come over and get him so they could go and eat. 

            Sehun always acted like he hated Suho’s company, but in all honestly he had nothing to do when he was by himself. 

            “You can come with us to the movies if you want,” Kyungsoo, his roommate’s “friend” politely asked him thirty minutes ago.  Going to the movies would be fun, if it were with anybody but Jongin and Kyungsoo. Sehun enjoyed the two’s company but he doubted that they actually went to the movie theater to watch movies, so Sehun politely refused the wide eyed boy.  And not even a second after Sehun refused, Jongin whisked Kyungsoo out the door. 

            Sehun was debating on whether he should call Suho or brush it off like he was being stood up.  I mean he wasn’t exactly being “stood up.”  They never really confirmed plans, it was just a routine.  But then again Suho hadn’t woken him up this morning either.  Today was just a whole routine breaking day.    

Sehun didn’t know if he should be angry or worried.  First of all, he was starving and Suho was making him wait.  And it didn’t help that Suho had basically ignored him this morning. 

After his calculus class ended, Sehun sometimes went to Suho’s class to surprise him.  Suho had a break after Sehun’s class but he usually stayed in the classroom to grade papers.  But when Sehun went to visit Suho this morning, Lay…Lay, that unnaturally good looking guy was sitting on Suho’s desk.  And they weren’t grading papers.  They were…they were just talking.  And they looked so happy in each other’s company that Sehun almost wanted to burst in the classroom just to make them stop smiling and laughing.  But of course he didn’t.  So he found Kyungsoo and Jongin and ate lunch with them like he usually did. 

            There was a knock on the door and Sehun jumped out of his seat and rushed to the door and swung it open.  He looked into the tired eyes of Suho, who just brushed past him and collapsed on the bed. 

            “Are you okay?” Sehun immediately knelt beside the bed, concern taking over. 

            “I’m tired.  It’s nothing,” Suho waved a hand and Sehun noticed intricate patterns on the side of Suho’s fingers.  It was something he’d never seen before and he immediately caught the red head’s hand in his to inspect the patterns.  When he looked closer, he saw numbers and weird writing on it.    

            “Since when did you get a tattoo?” Sehun asked. 

            Suho snatched his hand back, “I’ve always had it.”

            “No you didn’t,” Sehun argued. 

            “I don’t want to argue with you, Sehun,” Suho said calmly.  He was getting up and Sehun started to internally panic because it looked like Suho was about to leave.  And he didn’t want Suho to leave.  Because Suho had been doing that too many times today and Sehun didn’t want to feel abandoned again.

            “Don’t leave.  We haven’t eaten yet,” Sehun could’ve said something more.  Maybe tell the red head that he missed his company.  But he didn’t and he regretted it later. 

            Suho gave a weak smile and ruffled Sehun’s hair, “You, brat.  You can go to the dining hall yourself.  You can live without me, can’t you?” Suho was already heading towards the door. 

            “Why are you leaving?”

            “I’m tired, Sehun.  I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

 

            It was strange because Sehun was waking up for the second morning in a row of his own accord. 

            He was closing his dorm door when he was roughly pushed forward into his door by someone walking down the hall.  He turned around and was face to face with Lay.  Lay was glaring at him and Sehun didn’t know what to do.  He wasn’t close with the boy.  They’d only met a couple of times when Suho dragged Lay to his and Sehun’s outings.       

            “Lay!” Suho came out of nowhere and threw a hand between Lay and Sehun.  Layfrowned as he moved his face closer to Suho. 

            “Please,” Lay was begging Suho, “You know this is forbidden.”  

            Suho moved forward, “Don’t worry about it, okay?”

            Sehun was looking from one hyung to the other.  He recoiled when he saw Lay put a hand on Suho’s cheek.  Sehun saw Lay’s mouth move but he couldn’t make out any of the words because he saw that some patterns were written on the inner side of Lay’s fingers.  And they looked really similar to the ones he saw on Suho’s hands yesterday.  He didn’t wait to see what would happen next. 

            He didn’t know why he was running away from them.  He was angry and upset.  But it still didn’t make sense.  It didn’t make sense why Suho spent every single moment with Sehun but had matching tattoos with Lay.  Suho was Sehun’s.  Sehun tried to remember when Lay came into their lives.  Honestly he just showed up one day and became chummy with Suho.  But it still didn’t make sense because Sehun never saw them actually interact with each other.  Yeah they would say hi to each other and go to class together like yesterday, but Suho literally wanted to hang out with Sehun all the time. 

 

Hey guys!!! This story is composed of two parts.  It's kind of a rip-off of one of my other stories.  Same story line and such.  That one had two parts so this one is going to be split into two as well.  Part 1 will have three chapters and Part 2 will have one chapter.  

I was surprised by all the subscribers I got by posting the foreword!!! But most of my subbies are also familiar faces so I'm really happy about that ^.^ 

 

Thanks to Metric Constellations for the Part I poster