Arrival

Amiable
Perhaps it was merely her; she couldn't tell for sure.
But when she caught him peering at her for over the sixth time, she knew that he had probably noticed.
Her skirt was ripped on one side (it was her only good one); her hair in messy, scattered frizzles (the bottle of gel was empty) and her heel broken (the bus had run late today of all days).
So when he strolled up to her, hands stuffed into the pockets of his black slacks, her heart beat faster.
 
“Ms. Park.” He coughed now, obviously uncomfortable with the situation. She stared down at her skirt; her cheeks as red as a tomato.
“I was wondering if you would care to tell me why you’re dressed so…” He looked over her, and her cheeks reddened once more.
“I-I sincerely apologize. The bus was running late today, and…” She trailed off, cringing at the complete absence of sound in her office (how she had managed to acquire her own; she could not recall).
“It’s alright. You might want to change though, since the director will be arriving today, and he will most likely check through every division thoroughly.” With this, the corner of his lips lifted up a little before he stuffed his hands into his pockets and strolled away; his large frame barely squeezing through the doorway.
She cursed. Minutes later, she reached for her phone. Through its broken glass, she could see that she had about an hour or so before the director would arrive (she had completely forgotten). A good impression had to be made, of course, since she most definitely needed the money. Most definitely.
 
However, after hours had passed, she had still not managed to change. So here she was, standing in a line of over forty other secretaries and managers; anxiously awaiting the arrival of the director, whose flight had been delayed by an hour.
It would be her first time meeting him since she had been hired a couple of months ago. Rumors were that he was frequently pretentious, but was consistently helpful and knew precisely what had to be done. And of course, he was stringent.
Very stringent.
The company was not failing, but he never failed to fire every single one of the secretaries, managers, clerks, salesmen; anyone whom he disliked.
 
And only because of this, could she not deny her nervousness. She could not be fired.
Absolutely not.
So although her heel was broken, she had found some duct tape and taped it together, combed down her frazzled hair although it was reluctant to settle, and shifted her skirt so the ripped part could barely be seen. 
 
Minutes later, the doors to the hallway of the building opened, and in he stepped with a line of secretaries right behind.
He wore a glossy, black suit with a red, white, and blue striped tie. She could easily tell from one glance that it was, oh perhaps hundreds, possibly even thousands of dollars - money that she could [now] never dream of acquiring.
Dozens of eyes followed him as he ambled through the crowd of bowing staff.
She was still anxious. And even more so when he seemed to be ambling towards her (the ripped skirt would be difficult to hide).
But he instead turned to the secretary to her left, and offered her his hand to shake.
"Here's someone I haven't seen before. May I know your name?" He inquired, as a small grin formed on his face.
The secretary blushed as he released his hand from hers.
"L-Lim Jimin, sir."
He grinned once more before saying,
"I look forward to working with you."
She watched him as he was about to amble away -
and then turned to meet her eyes.
Shoot.
 
But she savored the moment as she absorbed his undeniably charismatic features - dark brown hair combed and gelled upwards, light tan skin, long fingers, and lips that looked as if they were meant for smiling. She was curious to see his eyes, but they were covered by a pair of black sunglasses that he wore.
"Miss?"
She blinked at him, and blushed when she realized he had his hand reached out towards her.
She placed her hand in his, and he wrapped his fingers around hers; swiftly shaking it before letting go. His hands were awfully cold for such a warm look.
"You must be new as well," he continued, and she noted his smooth tone of voice as it resonated in her ears.
 
"May I know your name?"
She gathered her courage and smiled to his black sunglasses that peered at her.
"Park Bom, sir. Park Bom."
 
The fact that he faltered left her anxious, and he seemed to be stuck in place for a few seconds before reaching up and taking off his glasses, and it was then that she saw. She swore that she could see a hint of amusement in his eyes when they made eye contact.
"Park Bom, ey? I most definitely look forward to working with you," and the second she heard her name spoken through his lips, she was utterly intimidated.
 

A/N: this chapter could've been written better, but I'll leave it for now. I just want to thank everyone for the support I've received, and I hope you've been enjoying the story so far.
I will however, be going on a 3 week hiatus from today to the 14th of July. If you are alright with being patient and waiting, then I sincerely thank you for that.
Fufufu, and if you read carefully, you'll notice I repeated a phrase from the first chapter o/