Chapter 2

To Get Over You

Chapter 2
    A fuzzy, white scene occurred and within seconds, I could see everything clearly.
    “Give me my phone back!” Bomi squealed and reached for it.
    I held it up higher,”Can’t reach it, can you?”
    I remember this day. It was the day we actually became close. Oh, God. Was I going to have to go through all of our memories together? Maybe this was a bad idea. I shouldn’t have-
    Bomi stood up on her chair and snatched the iPhone out of my hands easily as she sat back in her chair in triumph,”You were saying?”
    I made a face and crossed my arms, pretending to sulk,”You’re no fun, Han Bomi.”
    “Aye! I’m the most fun you’ll ever get!” She puffed out her chest and giggled afterwards.
    I smiled and held out my hand,”Give me your phone again.”
    She pouted and held it away,”No. You’re not gonna give it back again.”
    I rolled my eyes,”I’m giving it back!”
    She held out her pinky, in an adorable manner if I may say so myself, and tilted her head,”Pinky promise?”
    I bit my lip to contain a large grin and looped pinkies with her, nodding,”Promise.”
    She laughed and handed her phone back to me as I punched in my phone number, labeling my name as “Prince Charming”.

    The next thing I know after the memory was that it was just about to flash into another one. However, it was rudely interrupted by shouts and cries heard from the room. I opened my eyes and realized that I was not on the ground anymore; I was placed on a bed and from the scent lingering in the air, I could tell that I was in the hospital.
    I turned my head and saw my five friends sitting in a corner, conversing amongst themselves in a serious manner as my mother and father were sitting at my bedside; my mother was silently crying with her head down, hand around my own, as my father was trying to console her as much as he could.
    “He’s awake!” My father finally noticed and shouted out. Mother’s head shot up instantly and I could see the tears streaming down her face.
    “Changjo,”she croaked,”why are you so weak now? Physically AND emotionally?”
    Because I lost my life, I thought, not physically but emotionally. If I keep this pattern up, I know I will end up losing my life physically as well. And in my eyes right now, that doesn’t seem like a bad idea.
    “I don’t know,” I simply whispered as the five friends began to crowd around the bed as well.
    “Does your head hurt? Should I call for some more morphine?” Niel asked.
    I realized after he asked that my head was throbbing and that there was a needle slightly stinging in my arm; an IV shot, I recognized it as.
    “Yes, please.” I answered, my voice wavering.
    If I went back to sleep, then the flashbacks will start again. Am I ready for that yet?
    I realized that the question had answered itself when the nurse came in with another shot in her hands; even if I’m not ready yet, I have to get over it sooner or later. And in that brief moment of time, I decided that it would be sooner than I though.

    This time, however, it wasn’t a flashback or anything of the sort. The setting was a forget, I recognized it as; bright and chirpy. There were no people surrounding here and I knew very well that I never had any memories with Bomi here whatsoever. There were bright twinkles on the ground, leading to an area deeper into the forest. I followed it, and it lead me into a small, secluded section. This place gave me an eerie feeling, as if something was going to happen soon. It even felt like there was that music playing the background, the one that gives you a heads up. However, the thing that popped up wasn’t something that scared me.
    Bomi walked towards me from the dark end of the forest and very slowly, stopped at least five feet away from me.
What is this, I thought to myself, did I die already? Did I make it to Heaven?
    What happened next was something that I didn’t expect at all. Bomi’s bottom lip began to tremble and tears slowly began to flow down her cheeks. Oh, God. Did I upset her? But all I did was stand here. Is she here to tell me how much of a bad boyfriend I was? Why was she even here? Shouldn’t she be in Heaven? I never knew Heaven looked so much like a forest, then.
    I took a step towards her, but she took one behind her,”B-Bomi.”
    Tears continued to fall down her face but she didn’t utter a single sound. Her eyes were filled with pain and sorrow, but I couldn’t figure out why. My body felt like it was fine; no shot in my arm, no pain in my head. Yet the only pain I could feel that hurt more than both of those together was the pain in my heart. Seeing the love of my life crying in front of me made my heart want to die. Heck, it felt like it already died.
    “Changjo,” she finally whispered, tears falling from her face to the floor where they disappeared within a second,”why do you keep doing this to the both of us?”
    I was taken aback by her question, throwing the thought of surprise that she had actually talked,”What do you mean, baby?”
    She wiped her tears away on the back of her hand, dusting off the remaining tears that had stained her beautiful, white dress,”You’re hurting yourself. You’re making yourself go insane.”
    “I’m not going insane though, Bomi.” I quietly replied. I’m not going insane. I’m perfectly sane. I’m not crazy. I’m perfectly sane.
    “Even now,” she whispered,”you’re going insane. You’re telling yourself that you’re sane in your mind but you aren’t and you won’t accept that you are. Most importantly, you’re not accepting that I’m gone, Changjo.”
    She looked like she would burst into another round of tears, but she held it in,”You’re still hung over the fact that I’m dead, love.”
    God, hearing her call me that again made my heart want to burst into a million fireworks. Just hearing that made my heart race as fast as it did when she used to just look at me. But, hearing what she had said before, it defeated to happiness and it made my mind cloud with depression again.
    “What do you want me to do about it, baby? I can’t get over you. I love you too much to get over your death. If only I was a little more wealthier, or maybe if I had been a better boyfriend-” Suddenly, a pang of guilt hit my heart. Was I really a bad boyfriend?
    Bomi’s face fell at that and she took multiple steps closer to me. Now, she was standing only a foot away. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to hold her hand. I wanted to rest my forehead against hers. I wanted to kiss her. I resisted, knowing that she had something to say and waiting patiently. I could wait for eternity for her if I needed to. I would wait an eternity for her. I will wait an eternity for her.
    “Don’t you ever say that, Choi Jonghyun.” She frowned. For the first time in months, she finally said my full name.
    “You were the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. You never did anything wrong, and don’t you dare say that you wanted to be wealthier to prevent me from doing this. I’ve never told you this before, but I don’t regret a single thing I did that day.” She said, and I could feel that she wanted to reach up and touch my cheek to reassure me, yet she resisted as well.
    “You don’t regret a single thing, but I regret every thing.” I whispered, watching was her face changed into one of shock.
    “...Makes sense. You’ll never understand why I did it, Changjo. No one ever will. Only me, myself, and I.” She whispered and began to back away.
    I grabbed her wrist in fear and she paused,”Where are you going?! You’re not gonna leave me again are you?!”
    She pulled out of my grasp with a sorrowful expression on her face,”I have to let you go now, baby. You’ve been here for more than an hour. Your parents and friends are gonna be worried if you don’t go back.”
    “Then take me with you. There’s no reason for me to stay here anymore, especially since there’s not you! You’ve been watching me these past few days, haven’t you? Haven’t you seen how insane I’ve gone?!” I shouted and I felt my eyes b with tears.
    “...So you admit that you’ve gone insane.” She whispered, looking down at the ground.
    “If I admit to that, will you take me with you? I’ll say it a million times if I have to,” I begged,”I’ve gone insane, Han Bomi. I’ve gone insane without your existence to keep me sane. Please...”
    I pulled her into a tight embrace and a few tears fell from my eyes,”Please, baby. Don’t make me suffer through it again.”
    “Love,” she whispered,”I have to go. You have to go. You need to realize that I’m not gonna be there anymore and you need to get over it.”
    “I CAN’T!” I shouted loudly,”I can’t do it, okay?! Everyone’s been telling me that but I can’t! I don’t want to forget you! I don’t want to leave you! I don’t want you to leave me!”
    “You haven’t been trying hard enough.” Bomi said and pulled out of my embrace, walking away with her back me.
    No, I can’t lose her again. I’ll die, I really will die. I’ve lost her once, I can’t lose her again, especially when we just talked and she seemed so alive and she seemed so normal and... she left.
    “HAN BOMI! DON’T LEAVE!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I kept screaming for her, for the longest time I can remember.

    “HURRY! CALL THE DOCTOR!” L.Joe shouted and running was heard throughout the room.
    “Doctor, please, Changjo’s heart isn’t responding and he isn’t breathing!” I heard Chunji’s cries to the doctor,”NO, DOCTOR, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! HE NEEDS HELP NOW!”
    “Oh my God. Oh my God.” Niel and Ricky were on both of my sides. Why was everyone panicking?
    “.” C.A.P cursed and ran out of the room as I heard him shouting for the nearest doctor.
    “What did he say?!” L.Joe asked Chunji, who was at the verge of tears.
    “He said he’s busy and that he’ll be here in five. But who knows if Changjo will be alive in five minutes?!” Chunji sobbed into his palms as L.Joe sighed and patted his shoulder.
    What are you guys talking about, I thought, I’m breathing and my heart is beating, isn’t it? Aren’t I... breathing?
    I tried to take in a breath, but it felt as though something was blocking the way. I tried again, but all it did was bring immense pain to my insides. I choked and coughed as much as I could.
    “He-He’s coughing hyungs! What do we do?!” Ricky shouted, scared and confused.
    Niel helped my body sit up and I felt completely lifeless. What the happened while I was talking Bomi? Was it all my imagination?
    Ricky didn’t care about the replies of the others and grabbed a paper cup, filling it with water and bringing it to my lips.
   “Okay, I don’t know if you can listen to me talking to you, Changjo, but you have to swallow this, okay?” Ricky informed and started to slowly pour water into my mouth.
    I tried to swallow it, I really did, but nothing went down. The water just kept filling my mouth until it was completely full and it started falling down onto the hospital gown. .
    “Move out of the way, please!” A flurry of footsteps and voices were heard as the doctors and nurses began to surround me.
    “We’re going to have to ask you to leave the room,” a nurse told the five and they obliged quickly.
    Immediately, I felt something be put into my mouth and the water was quickly drained away. The next thing I know is that I’m back into my unconscious state.

-----

Happy late Valentines Day guys! Or Happy Friday if late Valentines Day sounds too unappealing LOL. :)