Getting Back Together

THE VOW

 

“Jihae,”

Nichkhun smiled at her with two cups of ice cream in his hands. “Victoria told you everything, right?”

He nodded and gave Jihae one cup of the ice cream. “I always know that there’s something between you and Kyuhyun.” He said. “Guess what? Victoria wants me back! What do you think?”

“She’s fine. The fact that she’s using my husband to get you back should make you back to her.”

“I’ve been waiting for months for this.” Nichkhun said. “Wait…husband? HUSBAND? KYUHYUN IS YOUR HUSBAND?!!”

Jihae nodded as she let out a sigh. “We decided to divorce months ago, and after we graduated, we’ll meet again with our lawyer.”

Nichkhun face expression became serious. “Why you guys don’t try to make it work first? What joined by God, cannot be separated by human. You should know that!”

“I know…” Jihae said bitterly. “It’s just we stuck, Khun-ah. We can go back, and moving on together is really hard. This is our decision… our final decision…”

“I don’t know Cho, but in the past few months I start to know you. You never go back after you declared it’s final. No matter how bleeding so hard your opponent behind, you’ll never look back to see what happened. You don’t know what Kyuhyun have on his thought. He might want to make up and start over a new start with you.”

Jihae bit her lower lips. “Should I talk to him again?”

 

“I eavesdropped your conversation, sorry, but yes… you have to get him back. Once Nichkhun said he wants me again in his life, I don’t want to miss the chance. We made mistake and six months without him was the stupidest months of my life. You’ve stayed with Kyuhyun for years, and you guys depending on each other for almost every day. Imagine what happened to your life if you opened your eyes in the morning, you are all alone. Starring at the ceiling, and recall all memories you share with him. You’ll remember how he woke you up every morning with his kisses. And when you got up, you’ll remember that there was a man who always pulled your hands and jailed you in his hug. You’ll remember every place where you shared kisses with the guy that bring you happiness and smile. You’ll miss those, and you’ll regret your decision leaving the love of your life. Trust me, the way you looked at Kyuhyun yesterday, was the way a woman that was watching her lover.”

 

Victoria’s words seemed like a fist that hit her hard right on face. For the past six months she didn’t feel such feelings because Kyuhyun still live with her. She could see him around the house every day.  She gets use with Kyuhyun around her, and now she couldn’t imagine what will happen to her once they sign the files.

She saw Nichkhun got up from his seat and approached Victoria. He hugged her tight as if he wouldn’t let her go. “Sorry, I was selfish. Forgive me Victoria…”

“You don’t have to ask my forgiveness, I’ve forgiven you already idiot…” She smiled as she punched his chest lightly.

“You love birds, get a room! I’ll go find Kyuhyun!”

 

“I’m home~”

Jihae walked inside her apartment but she was greeted with cold atmosphere. She saw Kyuhyun and their parents sat together. She was clueless with what was going on, and decided to sat beside Kyuhyun. “What happened? We have to talk, Kyu!” she whispered.

“No need Jihae, I told them… I told them that we’ll sign the files.”

“Mworago?”

Jihae felt her body weaken and her brain freeze. She looked at Kyuhyun, but he looked away. “Why you told them? WHY?!” she screamed and hit Kyuhyun with all her strength.

“Listen!” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed her both hands. “This is what you want, and I give you this Jihae! Why you always blame me for everything?!”

Jihae moved away and tried her best to hide her tears. Their parents who saw the scene was really sad, and Kyuhyun and Jihae didn’t dare to see their face. “We knew that you guys already decided this long time ago.” Jihae’s father said. “But, Kyuhyun, Jihae, you have to know that marriage is not always easy, and divorce is not always the answer.”

“Dad, you don’t know what happened!”

“Yes my daughter, I don’t know what happened, and I don’t want to know what happened.” He said. “But we don’t want to see your life shattered in pieces, kids. Jihae, Kyuhyun, you know that I own the biggest and strongest law firm in Korea, and I decided to make your separation even harder than your marriage.” He said. Jihae and Kyuhyun gulped. Jihae’s father smirked and they knew they were in trouble. “Remember I told both of you to sign million of files before your marriage?” he asked them, and they nodded. “Kyuhyun, Jihae, both of you sign an agreement to live in the same house for a year after both of you tell us that you guys want to divorce each other.”

“MWO?!”

“If you decided to divorce him, both of you will be sent… to jail… together.”