Drinks

THE VOW

 

Tonight is the most awkward night in six months. Jihae and I slept on the same bed again.

 

“It’s so awkward.” She said as she kicked the blanket and sat on the bed. She stared at me and sighed. “You look so relaxed.”

“We’ve slept together before.” I said simply.

“But it’s been six months, Kyuhyun.”

“You still my wife Jihae,” I said and she stunned. “Doesn’t matter if your heart or mind isn’t here with me.”

Jihae didn’t say anything. She suddenly turned away and drank a glass full of cool beverage that her mom made for us before my dad locked us just like what they did on our first night.

“Is it good?” I asked her. She just nodded without looking at me. I took my glass and took a sip of it. Jihae finished her drink just in one shot. She was sweating and her face was red. Wait, did I forget to turn on the air conditioner? Ok, It’s a bit cold right here actually.

“Why this room is so hot right now?!” she complained and lowered the temperature of the air conditioner. Aish! It’s too cold now! “YAH! Jung Jihae!” I yelled at her, but she didn’t care. She used everything near her to make a wind. Her mom put something inside her drink.

“Kyuhyun, pass me your drink, ppali!!” she said as she open her pajama. Aish! They want a grandchild!

“No,” I said as I help her with a mini fan from the drawer, but she kept taking off her clothes until she only wore her lingerie. Why she has to wear the lingerie I bought for her? “Do you know that your mom put something inside your drink?”

She looked at me innocently and shook her head.

“I told them that you went to orphanage this morning, they thought you really desperate and want a kid.”I explained. Jihae’s expression suddenly became gloomy. She looked away and lay on the bed. “I won’t you tonight, don’t worry.” She said. I pulled the blanket and covered her body with it. “What really concerns me is our parents.” I said. “What will happen if we told them about our marriage?”

“They’ll be so sad…” Jihae mumbled. “But we can do nothing…”

I took a deep breath and stared at her, but she had no clue about what I mean with my we-can-do-something, get-back-together eyes. So I just pulled the blanket then turned off the lamp. “Good night.”

 

 

Hyukjae sat in the same table as Kyuhyun and Jihae. He found himself trapped in an awkward situation that the couple made.

“Something happened last night?” he asked them.

“NO!” they screamed and glaring at the innocent dude who didn’t know anything. He knew something happened, but asking them about it will only put him in an uneasy situation. He guessed that they had a big fight last night. Yea, a “Fight.”

 

This morning, Kyuhyun and Jihae found themselves lying on the same bed, with their clothes all over the place. They did it and they remembered it clearly.

“Don’t follow us; I got a serious problem to talk with her.” Kyuhyun said as he pulled Jihae’s hand to his favorite spot in the library.

 

 

“Did I tell you to not drink my drinks, Jung Jihae?” Kyuhyun asked her with glare in his eyes. Jihae tried to avoid his eyes, but she couldn’t. “Fine! My fault! I you!” she admitted. “Remember, we stick to the plan.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Ok, but remind me to take you to gynecologist.”

“For what?”

“In case I pregnate you.”

 

“You pregnate her?!”

 

Kyuhyun and Jihae diverted their gaze towards the voice. They found Victoria in a shock mode after heard their conversation. Before Kyuhyun explain anything, she ran outside the library.

 

“She’ll tell Nichkhun, right?”

“Of course she will.”

She stared at Kyuhyun and buried her face in her palm. Jihae afraid if Nichkhun thought that she was a liar, when the fact was that she hadn’t told him about Kyuhyun and her.

“She wants Horvejkul back to her. You’ll lose him.”

Jihae lifted her face and stared at Kyuhyun confusedly. “I thought you’re with her.” She said. “I don’t date Nichkhun by the way.”

Kyuhyun and Jihae stared at each other. “I give you the files first because I thought you are with Horvejkul.”

“Kyuhyun-ah…”

“Should we… keep signing ‘em?” Kyuhyun asked her. He suddenly let out a bitter laugh when he saw her eyes. “Never mind, you won’t change your decision I know.” He said as he left her.