Guess What?

You're the Reason Behind both My Happiness and My Pain

 

 

 

Ji-eun’s POV

 

I left the rooftop without even looking back, I felt embarrass of Kai’s sudden action. So I went to the Student Body Office and put a ‘Please don’t disturb’ sign before I locked it, then I lied on the couch thinking of what just happened.

 

Right now I’m very thankful to be the SBO President, that I can use a place like this in school.

 

OMG! Kai just grabbed my in front of my friends. I cupped my face which is now red like a tomato. I’m shock coz I’m not ready for this. Kai… I’m very sorry I just hit you.

 

And what’s with the picture? I know guys likes to stare at those kinds of stuffs but why Soo-Jung? His choice of girls is so… whatever. I don’t actually hate Soo-Jung, it’s just that I’m not in good terms with her, after she made fun of Kyungsoo when were in elementary, after kissing Kai in the karaoke bar and also after her daring confession to Kai in our classroom… well I actually should thanked her for that because of what she did that day. I was force to confess my feelings for Kai that time and I’m very happy that Kai felt the same. I’m grinning right now, as that moment played back in my mind, it’s definitely memorable.

 

But what if Kai asked me to do that kind of naughty stuff? This question is so silly, that kind of things just happen. When you love someone, you don’t need ask permission to do those kinds of stuffs. Just don’t force yourself to the other person and love will automatically guide you to make love to the person you LOVE. I think?

 

‘Lee Ji-eun? Behave yourself, this is not like you.’ We’ll this is my side of self who’s madly in love with a person named Kim JongIn. I giggle and I think I’m going insane.

 

After a while, I heard a loud knocking on the door.

 

“Ji-eun, it’s already 5:30pm. Are you not done sobbing? Let’s go home.” Kyungsoo said.

 

OMG! I even forgot to return in my class, what’s happening to me? I fixed myself and went out.

 

“Where’s Kai?” I asked.

 

“The hell you’re looking for that bastard? I’m sure he doesn’t have the face to see you.” Kyungsoo said with a straight face.

 

My face frowned, what if Kyungsoo is right and Kai tries to avoid me? Well I don’t wanna think about it and I hope not.

 

I waited for him but he never came.

 

“He’s not coming to walk you home.” Kyungsoo said, patiently waiting with me.

 

So I decided to leave already. It’s my first time going home without Kai after my mother left. While walking with Kyungsoo I notice that someone is following us until I reached my house and I want to tell Kyungsoo but the person is too far from us, so I guess that person means no harm. It just weird though. The person following us is with two small dogs and people usually walked their dogs during morning, right?

 

 

 

********

 

 

 

The next day, what I wouldn’t want to happen, happened.

 

That morning, the teacher in charge of checking the students at the school gate is absent and left me the one to do the work.  So I just smiled happily as student nod at me before entering the building. Then I saw Kai walking towards the school hiding at the back of group of students. Who couldn’t notice him, he’s an eye candy. We stared at each others eyes for a moment before he turns back. Did he just made a U turn?

 

During class, I’m sure he can’t avoid me now since we’re classmate and quote to that, we’re seatmates. But again I’m wrong. He gave a letter to our teacher Mr. Lee giving permission to the basketball team members to be excused from class for a week to practice for their upcoming final tournament.

 

And guess what? He even managed to convinced Oh Sehun to drive me home everyday. Sehun, the rich boy who only let his girlfriends ride his car except from that time when Kai borrowed his car.

 

Another day came and we happened to ran across with each other. As usual he’s trying to ignore me. I said ‘Hi!’ he stopped for a moment but then he double his pace to leave.

 

What’s wrong with him? Why is he trying to avoid me? I should be the one avoiding him and not the other way around? I’m confused and I don’t like where this is going.

 

So I finally decided to go to the gym and talk right in front of his face.

 

Sehun smiled. “What’s up princess?” He decided to call me princess ever since he drove me home. I guess that’s one of his pick up line.

 

“Is Kai in here?” I looked around and tried to go inside the gym but Sehun is blocking me from entering.

 

“Captain? I’m sorry but his not in here. There’s this incident happened with his family.” Sehun said.

 

I got worried. “What’s wrong? Is it serious?”

 

“Damn. Yeah! His grandmother’s daughter’s brother and who is also his grandmother’s son. The thing is Kai’s nephew’s pet spider just died.”

 

I almost choked because of the circular family tree and got annoyed. “FINE!” My voice is a little louder than usual. “Just tell Kai’s grandmother’s son’s sister and who is also Kai’s grandmother’s daughter. I mean his nephew my sincere condolence.” Then I left Sehun while stomping my feet.

 

It’s been a week now, of Kai being the best ninja he can be.

 

I can’t take it anymore, I miss Kai so badly. I don’t know how long Kai can endure this but my patience is all dried out. So I took every ounce of my courage and went to the gym, with Kyungsoo and Tao.

 

As I instructed them, they took the maknae out of the picture and told everyone inside the gym to evacuate, except for Kai of course, and then they left us alone.

 

Finally this time, Kai didn’t try to run. He just stood in the middle of the gym shocked and frozen of my sudden abduction plan. I approached him and felt better, my whole week is terrible without him and I felt empty.

 

“I guess this is it.” I said while giving Kai a card with a note written on it. “Since you don’t wanna talk to me, just keep this and read it, okay?” I gave him my most beautiful smile before I left him.

 

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

‘What the hell are you doing Kim JongIn.’ I cursed myself as I took the card away from Ji-eun’s soft hands.

 

‘You are a dead man now, you just let go of the most precious person to you.’ My mind keeps yelling me to run after her. But my feet wouldn’t move. This is the stupidest thing I ever done in my entire life. One thing is right and that is I’m really a dead man. How can I live now without Ji-eun besides me? How can I live now when the person who makes my life complete, left me? How can I live now that the air named ‘Lee Ji-eun’ that gives me life is gone?

 

I read the first sentence written on the card.

 

 

“I’m sorry Kim JongIn.

 

 

‘Ji-eun will always be Ji-eun.’ I smiled like a retard. I can already guess what’s written on it ‘I’m sorry Kim JongIn, it’s not your fault its mine.’ I took another look at the card.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Kim JongIn.

It’s not my fault

that you’re taste in girls

is awful.

 

 

I’m confused of what’s the meaning of this message, my mind is not functioning well right now and then I flipped over the card. Tears begun to fall out of my eyes and my dead heart started to beat again.

 

 

It’s a picture of her, my love ‘LEE JI-EUN’.

 

 

A/N:     I really had fun writing this chapter, hope it doesn't  (^___^)

            Kindly leave some comments, THANKS!