Between Me and Him: Young Love

[Short Fic] Between Me and Him

[Your P.O.V]

A ding from the iPhone brought my attention from the poster I had been working for hours on my computer. I unlocked the screen and greeted with a few KakaoTalk messages.

I smiled. It had been two months since we last met when he visited me in Jakarta, Indonesia during his winter break. It had been two years since that special date. But he was just so sweet.

I knew he was busy with his study in computer technology in Japan, but he still made time for me. The two hours difference did not matter to him. Although I was busy too as a university freshman in design where there were a lot of things I did not know and need to catch up, he patiently waited for my KakaoTalk reply. He never pestered me or called me every morning-afternoon-night. He too, often replied me late night, even early in the morning. He said he was staying up doing assignment, but I did not mind at all. I knew he is a good boy.

Many people told me, it's difficult to maintain a long-distance relationship. But I believe, with a gentle and caring boyfriend like him, we can last long. 

That brought me back to memories years ago..

 

[ 4 years ago ]

The school bell rang. It was time for lunch. All the students excitedly ran outside, either to field to play soccer or to cafetaria to grab some lunch. I was putting my books to the bag...

"HUAH!!"

"ARGH! Not again, Chansung!!"

A tall, dark haired boy appeared from the back of my seat and laughed. He is my best friend, Chansung. Alongside him, a light skinned boy smiling ear to ear with a beautiful eyesmile is Junho. Although we were all wearing school uniform, I swore they look like models with their handsome face features. Together we were the nerd gank, always eating lunch together and talked about random stuff.

Chansung exclaimed, "Guys, I'm hungry.. Let's go to cafetaria and eat!!" 

"When are you not hungry, Chansung-ah," answered Junho, smacking Chansung's head lightly. Chansung smiled sheepishly. 

I chuckled, "Okay, okay.. I'm about to go to cafetaria as well, let's go together." I grabbed both of my best friends' hands to stop their little bicker. Smiling, we headed downstairs for lunch.

- - - - 

I felt vibration from my skirt pocket. I paused my eating and picked my mobile phone. 

"Who is that?" Chansung asked me with his mouth full of kimbab.

I could not help myself to stop laughing at Chansung's pabo expression. "Yah, Chansung-ah, eat first before you speak.." I commented while taking a look at my phone. A SMS. From him, again. I sighed.

He quickly chewed and swallowed the kimbab. Studying my expression, he gave me a glimpse of understanding. "Is it from hyung?"

I nodded, "Yeah. A very cheesy message too: Sweetie, have you eat your lunchie? I wish I can eat with you.. You will feel happy all day!! keke. One message. Then Don't forget to eat, or later you will have belly ache.. hohoho. Gosh, I never know what's in his mind," I took a deep breath while putting my phone back to the pocket, "Did Taecyeon oppa pay attention in class or not? I think it's still study time in high school?" 

"Hmm hmm" Chansung lifted his shoulder slightly, the "I don't know" expression. Rubbing his finger to clean his mouth, he muttered, "And, even though hyung does not pay attention to the teacher, he still manage to top the class." I pouted. Life of smart people.. I decided to continue eating my ramyeon.

Junho who was sitting next to me, looked at me from his bibimbap bowl and smiled assuringly, "Don't mind him. He is just trying to be close to you with his own way." Ah, Junho was always understanding. I didn't know why it seemed my thoughts and his were always in the same page. I smiled back at him.

"Speaking of which, ya, have you finished the physics homework from Park sonsaengnim?"

Both me and Chansung facepalmed. "Ah, Junho-yah, don't remind me.." 

- - - - 

The clock showed 11pm already. I put my pen down, yawned and stretched my tired body. I never knew doing the physics homework could be so time consuming. Well, this would be for Monday, but having a perfect-student-type friend like Junho, he would remind you and made you felt you have to do it. I did not hate him though. Thanks to Junho too, I and Chansung managed to have good scores always.

A short message notice rang from my phone. I smiled. It was Junho. "Hello (your name), have you finished the physics homework?"

I typed a reply back, "Of course, smarty pants.. thanks to you I remember to do it :)"

It had not even reach one minute before another message went into my phone inbox. "Well, you're welcome ^^ I'm going to battlefield* kk. Good night.. Don't sleep too late."

"Haha.. boys.." I thought. They could be a nice student on the day but then went off playing hard after school. I was just about to reply Junho when one more message appeared. "Hello pretty.. how's your day? Have you eaten? hoho"

Hmm that guy.. I'll just make it normal. "Oppa, I'm good. Just finished a homework." Thinking of a little joke, I added, "kyaa of course I have eaten dinner.. it's 11pm for God's sake -__- " Message sent.

A fast reply. "Kekekeke. What did you eat? Oh yeah, tomorrow is Saturday, wanna go watch Harry Potter with me?"

Umm Taec.. you and your geek obsession.. I replied, "Umm.. I had kimchi jigae. Sure. What time?

 

(*Battlefield is a first-person shooter PC game.

 

[Taecyeon's P.O.V]

"Umm.. I had kimchi jigae. Sure. What time?

I almost burst with glee when reading her reply. She agreed!! To watch with me!! I jumped around the room. "Woohoo!! Yes!!!"

"Ummm.. Hyung? Are you alright?" Chansung's big head suddenly emerged from the door. I almost hit my bed out of shock. 

"YAAAA CHANSUNG-AH KNOCK FIRST BEFORE YOU COME INTO MY ROOM!! THIS IS PRIVACY INVASION!!!"

"Sorry hyung.." Chansung lowered his head in apology, "I didn't mean it..". My heart sank. My dongsaeng was so sensitive.. If I could type an emoticon right now it would be something like >.<. 

I approached my dongsaeng and gave him a lopsided smile. "Don't take it seriously.. I'm just joking." To add more mental support I patted his buff shoulder. Chansung looked up and put a flat smile. I knew he did not feel any better.. Ah, I felt bad for hurting his heart.. If only I could control my spontaneous self a bit..

"Mm-m, it's okay hyung.." Chansung finally spoke up. "By the way, why you are so happy? Got a present?" His black eyeball looked at me with interest, "Mind to treat me?" He chuckled. 

I threw a playful smile, "No... Ah why a treat.. You are enough with eomma's cooking aren't you?" I hopped to my bed and stare at my cellphone screen. Umm.. what time.. what is the best time.. Unconsciously I ruffled my short hair in frustration. Chansung's sharp eyes caught my confusion and he asked calmly, "Is there something I can help, hyung?"

I faced him and considered. He had always been my place to share, so why not ask for some input?

I put down the phone as I leaned against the bed headboard. "Umm.. Chansung-ah," I started. "Yeah?" he sat on the bed and tilted his face to me, ready to listen.

".. umm you know the latest Harry Potter movie is now on right.. What do you think is the best time to watch with friends? Before lunch? After lunch? Before dinner?" 

I tried to read his reaction. He raised a hand to his chin, must be digesting my strange question. Then he smiled, "Ah, why do you think so much hyung? You can just ask what time they are free? And maybe before lunch, so you guys can eat together.." 

"Aha!" Chansung's advice lighted my mind. He was right. It was so simple, why I must be so confused thinking about that? "Thanks Chansung-ah~~" I . "But hyung..." Chansung added. "Yes?" 

"If you are going before lunch, may I join you? Please hyungg..." 

"YAAA!!"

- - - - 

Thanks to Chansung's idea and as an act of 'payment', I brought him along to COEX to meet her. He beamed. But not me. My supposedly romantic movie date and lunch with her turned into a friendly hang out session. He took his phone and seemed to be texting somebody. "Hyung."

"Yea Chansung?" I replied.

"Can I bring a friend along?"

I felt a brick fell to my head. My plan for the day was totally crushed. Well.. What can be worse than this? A heavy "...okay.." came from my mouth.

"Thanks hyung!" Ah, my happy dongsaeng.

Not long after he texted, she walked into the lobby, our meet up place. Her eyes scanned the surroundings, looking for me and Chansung. I waved to her. Thanks to my height and body proportion which was outstanding among the crowd, she noticed me pretty quickly. Smiling, she ran a little towards us. 

All the words that described beautiful in the world was not enough to describe her. Her long black hair, although she only put it to simple ponytail, looked so nice on her. She only had light make up, but still managed to look so gorgeous. To compliment her look, she wore a plain T-shirt with fitting cardigan and jeans. I felt my jaw dropped in awe. 

She was my dream. My goddess. She was like little sister to me, and I wished, would be my girl. 

 

------

This is my first fan fiction!! Please comment.. Thank you for reading!!