Chapter 1

Seconds To Love

 

A blaring horn screamed in her ears. 
 
The colossal impact sent her beloved man flying. 
 
And everything went black. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Krystal screamed and was jolted out from her nightmare. Sitting up, she felt an acute ache in her hand and her eyes widened at the drip bottle secured tightly to it. 
 
The strong smell of disinfect diffused into her nostrils and she winced, a distraction from the pain in her hand. The walls of the room was pure white and the glare of it hurt her eyes. 
 
"Oh my gosh, you're finally awake!" A relieved voice exclaimed. 
 
Turning her head, Krystal saw a pretty lady dressed in working clothes sitting by her bed side. Her eyes were dark as ink and her delicate features resembled that of herself. 
 
"Unnie?" Krystal called out, uncertainty evident in her voice. The lady's eyebrows were knitted into a frown as she replied, "Yes, I am your unnie. Do you remember, or should I say, do you not remember anything?" 
 
Krystal tilted her head to one side and thought hard. Yes. Her name was Krystal Jung Soojung, she was 26 years old, she had an older sister Jessica Jung who was 30 years old, she worked as a fashion designer, and she had a husband named Choi Minho. 
 
Choi Minho! Where was he? 
 
"Unnie, where's Minho?" Krystal inquired, noticing the uneasy look on Jessica's face. 
 
"Uhmmmm. Let's not shift our attention to him yet. Do you know why you're here?" 
 
It was only till then did Krystal notice that she was in the hospital. Ahhh. Explained the strong disinfect smells. Racking her brain, she tried to recall the past events of the day which led her into her current state of being hospitalised.
 
Suddenly, it clicked. 
 
Images of the gruesome car accident flashed across Krystal's mind as she clutched her hair in agony. 
 
The headlights of the car shone directly in her eyes as she stood rooted to the ground, unable to move. The hysterical screech of the car tyres rang in her ears and she knew that she should run away immediately. However, her legs just refused to budge. 
 
As she closed her eyes in despair, she felt a strong push on her back and she stumbled forward onto the kerb of the road. Her knees were badly grazed and blood was oozing out from the wound, but she couldn't care less.  A loud bang was heard and she saw a familiar figure flying to metres away before landing heavily on the tar road. 
 
Minho. 
 
Standing up shakily, Krystal ran as fast as she could towards her beloved man. Alas, he was lying motionless on the ground, as blood spurted out from the various gashes in his body. 
 
Tears were flowing relentlessly down her cheeks as she covered one of his wounds on the forehead in a vain attempt to stop the bleeding. How could he  be so silly? He should've just let the car crash into her instead of pushing her away! If he died... She wouldn't be able to face herself for the rest of her life. 
 
Suddenly, Minho's eyes fluttered open and he weakly reached out for her face. 
 
"K-Krystal... I-I l-ov-ve y-you." 
 
With that, his hand drooped down and he closed his eyes again, this time with a slight smile on his face. 
 
"Nooooo..." Krystal cried in between broken sobs as Jessica grasped tightly onto her hands to prevent her from plucking the drip off her hand. She knew perfectly how her sister felt, but it wasn't the time to feel for her. Instead, as an older sister, she should be there to help her sister get back on her feet again and lead a brand new life. 
 
"Sica! Is Krys-" Just at the right moment, Jessica's spouse Lee Donghae barged into the hospital ward and his mouth dropped at the wrestling scene in front of him. 
 
"Hae! Call the doctor now!" Jessica yelled above the commotion and Donghae sprinted off. 
 
Krystal fell into a gradual sleep as the doctor injected a tube of tranquilliser into her body. Jessica heaved a sigh of relief as Donghae pulled her into a warm embrace. 
 
"She'll be fine, Sica. It'll all be fine."