What Key sees in Onew

Unselfish Leader

This story is dedicated to cutemonkey20

Thank you very much Unnie for your support and advices for me. sarang hae unnie.


 

Key hates Onew because everyone says that Onew is a great leader. He is patient, he is handsome, he is sweet, he is unselfish, he is responsible.

But Key thinks that Onew just do his job, so there's nothing so great about it. Or Onew just does his duty so he can looks great and gets compliments from others. Key doesn't like it, a lot.

He starts to watch Onew. Every move Onew makes, he notes it in his mind.

 

When Onew is with Taemin, Key takes a note that Onew is very tired. Back home from shooting a variety outside town, Key is a hundred percent sure Onew wants any other than to take a rest to charge his energy. But, what he sees when Taemin asks him to accompany him and teach him singing, Key is surprised because Onew doesn't reject the plea from the maknae. Key drags Taemin away from Onew and tell him he can teach him instead, but the stubborn maknae refuses.

"No. Onew hyung is a great teacher. He is patient unlike you and he can sing better than you."

Key feels those words stab him right through the heart. His maknae dares to say something so hurtful like that to him? unbelievable!

And what struck his mind is Taemin's words that saying Onew is better than Key in everything.

Key watches his leader and the maknae singing together. He can see that those two are really serious. Onew's voice is so smooth and gentle and everything, Key decides. But doesn't mean that Onew's voice is way better than Key's. One bad thought runs in his mind telling that Onew is actually just show-off his talent. Never in his mind he thinks Onew is a kind and unselfish person to let the maknae down. And he wants what best for s that he will do anything to make this group more famousand better than ever.

"Hmh! Jonghyun can sing better than you!" Key snorts.