Chapter 12

Silent Tao

 

March 15th, 2013

Tao's Current Age: 18

 

9:45 am

"Oppa!"

Kris looked down, and sighed. "Go Eun, now is not the tim-"

"Why weren't you in school today, oppa? I missed you," she pouted.

"Because I had to take care of someone. Why aren't you in school?" he asked, trying to get around her.

She stepped in the way. "I had a free period. Do you need to go somewhere?"

"Yeah, so if you could move. . ." he said urgently, seeing Tao getting farther and farther away.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, turning to follow Kris' gaze.

She turned back to him with a stony look.

"Oppa! Were you taking care of Tao?!" she questioned.

"Yeah, and I need to go talk to him, so if you don't min-" he said, trying again to go around her.

Go Eun stomped her foot down, causing Kris to step back.

"Didn't I tell you? Tao is a loner! He's weird, bloody, crazy, stupid, emo, mute. . . I even heard that he was gay!"

Kris looked back down. "Did you say. . . gay?"

She nodded vigorously. "He's gay! You shouldn't hang around him. He's corrupt you, oppa!"

But he shook his head. "I still need to talk to him, Go Eun."

She frowned. "What is your relationship with Tao?" she asked, stepping forward.

Kris stepped back.  "We knew each other as children before I moved to Canada."

Go Eun stepped forward again. "No, it seems like something more. . ."

Then her eyes widened. "O-Oppa! Are you. . . gay too?"

Kris stayed silent. Then he looked down. "Go Eun, I want to break up with you."

Her eyes started to water. "Oppa!"

He looked back up, and tried to find Tao.

Go Eun realized that Kris was ignoring him, so she pushed him against the house wall.

"Go Eun, wha-"

"Oppa! How could you give up your perfect life, your perfect girlfriend, for a freak?!" she said, on the verge of crying.

He sighed. "Go Eun, I-"

She grabbed his collar and pushed him into the bushes beside the house.

"How dare you break up with me for that mute, bleeding, mutant! I loved you, you sick animal! You're going to give up everything because you want to be queer?"

Kris looked shocked. "I-"

She bent down and slapped him. "Fine! I'll make you regret breaking up with me!"

Then she faced the direction Tao went. Kris heard her next words very clearly.

"And I'll start with him."

Go Eun walked away, and Kris watched.

Once he was sure Go Eun was gone, he ran after Tao.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Go Eun sat in her car and started sobbing.

Fumbling around her car, she found her phone and dialed a number.

"H-Hello? Yes, *sniff* it's me. Send Chemical L and P to my house, im-immediately."