Chapter 5

Silent Tao

 

Rania is mentioned in this story. I can't help it. Their new song, "Just Go," is AMAZING to me.

Enjoy!

 


 

March 15th, 2013

Tao's Current Age: 18

 

8:00 am

Tao woke up again in a cold sweat. Sitting up, he gasped for air, hoping to fill his depleted lungs.

Once he could breathe normally, he performed his daily morning ritual.

But something interrupted his routine.

*beep beep*

Confused, Tao picked up his phone from the mahogany bedside table and looked at the screen. The I.D. made Tao want to scream.

Message from: Kris Wu

How did he get my number? Tao thought to himself. Then he remembered the event that happened on Sunday. Tao smiled to himself as he thought of how nice Kris was.

Wait.

Smiled. . . ? ! ! !

Tao's face immediately fell back into its stony state, and Tao's blank eyes opened the text.

"Hey, Tao!

Sorry if I scared you about me putting my number into your phone and putting yours into mine!

Anyway, wanna come to school together?

I'll pick you up.

I'll be at the bus stop at Rania Lane at 8:10 am.

From, Kris."

Tao inwardly groaned, not wanting to face him. But then again, then I wouldn't have to ride the stupid bus today.

Tao texted Xiumin. "Hey, can't ride the bus today. Bye. -Tao"

Then Tao prepared to meet Kris.

 

8:10 am

Kris was tapping on the steering wheel of his car, waiting for the arrival of a certain someone.

His face lit up when he saw Tao coming. He jumped out and opened the door for him.

"Good morning, Tao!" he cheerfully said.

*nod*

Kris' face dropped slightly, but he got over it. Kinda.

Kris walked over to his side of the car and got in. Then he buckled up, motioned for Tao to do the same, and drove toward the school.

 

8:30 am

"KRIS OPPAAAAA!!!!!"

Kris' car pulled up in front of the school, and dozens of cheering fangirls waited for him!

"KRIS! KRIS! KRIS! KRIS!" they chanted. Until. . .

"Oppa! Why did you drive emo freak over here into your car, but not us?!" one girl questioned, who apparently threw her make-up box on her face without care.

Tao glared menacingly at her, before looking away.

Kris saw that Tao was uncomfortable, so he replied, "Because, he's not a freak. Unlike you. Did you look in a mirror today?"

She gasped. "O-Oppa!"

He shook his head. "No "oppa" for you. You called my friend a freak. Go away."

She gasped again before running away in tears. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Tao smirking, just a little bit. Kris smiled and pulled Tao into the school.

 

8:45 am

Kris' pulling led them to the baseball field. Kris was in awe of their skill.

"Look Tao!" he pointed. "He hit a home run! He's really good. Don't you think? Hey, Suho! Nice one! Isn't he great, Tao? Tao? Tao?" Kris asked, looking at the other.

Tao was frozen in place, his eyes focused only on the bat.

The baseball bat.

The brown baseball bat.

The brown baseball bat hitting the baseball with a sickening crack.

Tao fainted.

 

9:00 am

"Tao? Are you okay?" Kris asked worriedly.

Tao slowly nodded.

"He's fine, Mr. Wu," the nurse said. "He just fainted, and he didn't get hurt anywhere. It looks like something psychological, so I would have sent him to the counselor, but according to my notes, he's been there already. Countless times. So I'm excusing Mr. Huang here from school for the rest of the day."

Kris turned to the nurse. "Please, please, oh please~ could I stay with him?"

The nurse looked at Tao. Tao nodded.

"I don't see why not," the nurse answered. "Apparently, Tao lives alone, so company will be good for him. Okay, Mr. Huang and Mr. Wu. You are dismissed. Here are your passes."

 

9:05 am

"So, Tao, wanna hang out at your place?"

Tao thought about it, and nodded.

Kris' face lit up again. "Great! We'll have lots of fun!"

Lots of fun, indeed. . . Kris thought happily, slightly smirking.