Chappie 2~

The Cost of Envy
Meanwhile, at Z8 ent....
 
"I love you~ I miss you~ Forever both of us, together~", a melodic voice could be heard from the recording studio. After she completed her part of the song, she strutted out of the studio and sat on the sofa. 
 
"Well done Jeong Eun!! No wonder they say you are a one in a million talent!", exclaimed the world renowned producer Double D with an American accent. 
 
"Haha, thanks Oppa, but you're exaggerating...", replied Jeong Eun with her chirpy tone and a wide smile in a very professional tone of English.
 
"Haha I'm not! It's true! Okay, erm next.... Mi... Hey?" An obvious drop in his tone could be heard from this tanned producer with a 'swag' written on his cap. 
 
" Erm, itzu Min Hae, D oppa?", said a brunette with exaggerating makeup in an awkward tone of English. Min Hae flirtatiously winked at the producer, only seeing a disgusted frown on the latter's face. 
 
"Please call me producer, Min Ae. Or whoever you are. Hurry up and go in. Don't waste my precious time.", replied the frowning producer with a tone of pure hostility and disgust. Min Hae pouted and obediently went in to the recording room. 
 
" My angel~ Specially for you~ Always.... Erm.....", Min Hae begun singing. 
 
"STOP.", said Double D, almost yelling, "Why aren't you familiar with the lyrics?"
 
" But! It's my first time hearing and seeing this song!", Min Hae pouted and whined. 
 
" So? It's also Jeong Eun's first time hearing ain't it! She sang it so perfectly but you?" he sighed, "Haish, the difference between a talent and an amateur who passed with her average looks and skills." He murmured the second part but it was still heard by Min Hae who now had an angry and shocked expression. 
 
Jeong Eun raised a brow and smirked slightly for less than a second, then it changed drastically to a frowning face as she told the producer that Min Hae was " pretty" and " talented" and to " not blame her". She thought she was perfectly disguised as an angel. But Min Hae had captured that smirk. In that one second, Min Hae saw through her act. Clenching her fist, tears were spinning in her eyes. She recalled the first day......
 
~
"Hey girls, welcome your new member Kim Jeong Eun! She has passed the audition with flying colours and since she is older than all 4 of you, she will be the leader, any objections?" said their CEO as he brought in Jeong Eun. 
 
"No sir!", replied the girls in unison. 
 
After the CEO left, the girls introduced themselves to Jeong Eun one by one. Min Hae was supposed to be the oldest one in the group and she was happy that there was an unnie (older sister) that was going to join their group. Min Hae thought that Jeong Eun was very beautiful like an angel and she was glad about this new addition. 
 
"Let's get along well!" said Min Hae as she extended her hand with a broad smile. 
 
"Un!"replied Jeong Eun with glee.
~
 
They had been extremely good friends especially since both of them were the main vocals in the group. But all of a sudden Jeong Eun started to ignore her and not talk to her as much as possible.
Their relationship started to crumble from then on.... 
 
Min Hae walked towards the door of the recording studio, tears streaming down her face. She murmured a soft but still audible sorry and ran out of the studio and back to the dorm where the rest of the members were. 
 
" Min Hae!? What happened!? Hey girls Min Hae's back! Eh? Where's Jeong Eun?", shouted Yi Lin.
 
Min Hae didn't say anything but just went back straight to where her room was. The others could hear her muffled sobs and were all wondering what had happened at the recording studio.
 
After awhile, the house door opened at the same time as the door to Min Hae's room. From each of the doors came out Jeong Eun and Min Hae that was dragging a small luggage. Since Min Hae's room was directly facing the main door, they had eye contact with each other immediately.
 
The other members, seeing that Jeong Eun came back and Min Hae came out of her room with her disheveled hair and red puffy eyes, were about to question about the incident that they do not have knowledge of that may have occurred. But they sensed the sudden tension in the air and Yi Lin swore she saw electricity and sparks between Jeong Eun and Min Hae.
 
This period of awkward silence, with the members looking between the two girls lasted for around one minute, but it sure felt like a lot more than just a mere sixty seconds to them. 
 
Eventually, Min Hae broke the eye contact and without a word, step by step walked towards Jeong Eun, before pushing her aside. After she properly wore her shoe, she pulled open the front door made of maple wood and stainless steel handles, grabbed her luggage and left. Without a single word or sound. 
 
All the rest that were in the room had their eyes wide and speechless. What had just happened?
 
-End of Chapter-
 
Hi>< Sorry I have been neglecting this story since it has been a hectic year and there have been a lot of tests and exams. Finally this school year is going to end and next year will be my last year in my current school:( I will try to update but no guarantees:( sorry and hope you find the chapter okay!