Chappie 1~

The Cost of Envy

 

Chappie 1~
Narrator's POV

" No more pain. Goodbye, Goodbye." (Goodbye- BAP)

" Asdfghjkl....." So Eun uttered some inaudible words. As she opens one of her eyes gently. The lighting from the the window next to her bed made her resemble an angel who had descended from heaven. Her brownish long hair was messy, but it still looked perfect. If any guy saw her at her present state, they would most definitely need some tissues to wipe away the drool that hangs uncontrollably at the side of theirs mouths.

As she reaches out to shut the alarm that was on the desk roughly a little more than half a meter away from her, she suddenly lost her balance and fell onto the floor with a loud bang. When her mother came up in shock of the noise, she saw her elder daughter sitting cross legged on the floor, rubbing her head with a fist while pouting. Chuckling, she asked her daughter to go down for breakfast after washing up. 

" Okay Mom.", So Eun replied with a slightly tired tone. 

" How many times have I told you to call me eomma (mother in Korean) now? We've been back to Korean for more than 2 years already. ".

" Yes eomma." So Eun sighed as she got up from the floor and headed to the bathroom.

Standing in front of her closet, she pulled out her school uniform. The uniform consists of a few components. A red black plaid pleated skirt, a collared white blouse with sleeves and the school crest of YR High School (short during summer and long during winter) and a red coloured ribbon. During colder seasons, students could choose to wear the vest or the blazer according to their own preference. As she pull on her white loose socks and finished putting on her uniform, she paced down stairs, with her hands on the railings. 

Her father wore a black suit with a dark blue tie hanging neatly on his ironed collar and sat on the armchair, both his hands occupied by the newspaper. After she greeted her father, she sat at the dining table, looking down at her fingers while waiting patiently for her breakfast. A white plate with a few pieces of pancakes dripping with maple syrup was placed in front of her. As she looked up from her fingers, she saw her mother with a pink apron on smiling gently at her. 

" Thanks Mo.., I mean eomma.", So Eun muttered. Her mother turned away towards the sink and started washing the pan.

" So Eun ah, you need me to fetch you to school?", her father finally looked up from the newspaper. So Eun shook her head as she stuffed with the heavenly pancakes, looking like a chipmunk with its mouth full of food. 

After finishing her food, she picked up a black framed spectacles from above the shoe cabinet where all the photos are placed. She looked at the photo of the young innocent her and a boy who's face has been covered by a piece of paper. She touched the baby blue frame and closed her eyes for a moment. Putting the frame back at its place, she took out her shoes from the cabinet and wore it. 

" Eomma, Appa, I'm going~", So Eun yelled back into the kitchen. As she left the door and headed out of the gates, she realized that she hasn't done her hair yet. She lifted her hand and started to mess up her hair. Then, to complete it, she casually braided her hair into two long unfashionable braids. Pulling out a mirror from a hidden compartment of her bag, she looked into it and saw a typical country bumpkin in the reflection. Hair was sticking out of the braids and the messy bangs covered until half of her big black old-fashioned spectacles. She grinned in pride and placed the mirror back into the hidden compartment. She wouldn't want anyone to know that she actually had a mirror and would even look at her reflection in the mirror. She made it a point to buy a larger skirt so that it would be long enough to the extent that it covers her knees. She finally got used to the obstructing long skirt after falling a few times and she was glad. 

Pulling out her IPod, she pushed both ear pieces into her ear and played " The flight of the bumblebee- Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov" and the music to I'm sorry by CNBLUE came out. She held out a thick book and began her journey towards the school.

As she reached her school, she sighed and placed her earpiece back into her back. She mentally cheered herself on for another day of being bullied. 

As she entered her rowdy classroom from the back door, a few guys with untidy shirts were flipping through a photo book of the famous girl group Sparkly. The corners of So Eun's mouth slightly curved up but she covered it by lifting her book. 

"Look at this guys! This is the true definition of purrrfection! " the person holding the book exclaimed with love struck eyes ," Kim. Jeong. Eun. Our forever beautiful goddess!" 

" Yeah! Ahh, how I wished there was someone like her around us..." his friend sighed. At the same time, So Eun tripped over a banana peel that was eaten by the guys and let out a yelp. Instantly, the whole class had their eyes on her. Her was on the sticky floor that was spilt with juice. There was an awkward silence at that moment.

" Psh. Kim Jeong Eun. Kim So Eun. That one word difference equates to 2 different person in 2 extreme worlds. Sigh. " the guy with the photo book exclaimed dramatically, causing everyone present in the room to snicker.

This wasn't really that surprising considering it was a daily occurrence though. Being in a class full of rich and smart people isn't a good thing when you aren't like them and being a scholarship student branded " P-O-O-R" doesn't help much in allowing the popular kids to like a plain, ugly and no life beggar. 

So Eun bit her lips and proceeded back to her table which was positioned at the first row. Her table was the 3rd column. Right smack in the middle of the 7 column in the class. She placed her bag on the floor and sat down quietly, pushing her earpieces into her ears to block out all the unnecessary comments that people say about her. She continued reading the thick book, silently praying that the teacher would arrive soon and start the lesson. 

Contrary to her hopes, an unfamiliar figure strutted into the classroom. The class went into a state of absolute silence at the sight of this female lady walking with confidence. She was wearing a white pencil skirt with pink sleeveless chiffon blouse and looked no more than 30. Her 10cm heels clicked with her every step. As she finally walked behind the teachers table, 2 words that So Eun dreaded came out of . " Self Study. "

Why? She being a nerd should enjoy self study right? I bet that's what you guys would think. Well, it's half correct. She does enjoy self study, but not in the class. Self study is just another period of getting bullied. 

At first it would be alright, everyone has their entertainment and things to do. After awhile, people start to get bored and when that happens, all hell starts to break loose. Paper planes flying, rubberband shooting, eraser throwing. There's nothing they can't do. And since So Eun sits the easiest place to aim, she turns into a target for everyone. She even heard someone betting a drink to see who can get more hits at her out of 10 tries.

She looked at the relief teacher in hope that she might do something to stop the ruckus. All she got in return was a raise of eyebrows and then back to manicuring her red nails.She lowered her head while covering her face with the book and tried very hard not to cry.

Closing her eyes, a few drops on tear fell on the lens of her glasses. She silently prayed that someday. Maybe, just someday, things would be different.

At the same time, a BMW stopped outside of the school. The door opened, revealing a guy wearing the school uniform. He stepped out of the car with swag and took off his sunglasses. 

-After a few moments, at the principal office-
The principal, Mr Jung, shook his hands firmly and with the ends of his mouth hanging onto his ears, said," Welcome, my humble school , Myungsoo haksaeng ( student in Korean ). I will ensure that you will enjoy your time here at YR High." 

The guy named Myungsoo just grunted in reply and thought," I hope I can find her here...."

-End of Chapter-

OMG HAHA I JUST FINISHED CHAPTER ONE.
This is dedicated to my 2 friends who have been bugging me:P sorry I've been very busy and I had a writer's block too:( Sorry for the boring chapter but I hope you'll enjoy it!