A Chance

The Unexpected

[5,593 words count]

 

February 7, 2015

8:12 PM

KPOP Daily Office

 

“So everybody, is it clear? Is there any more questions?” Suho looked at each of the people inside the meeting room. The meeting had been going for more than two hours and he knew every one of them was starting to get bored. Papers were scattered all around the oval wooden table along with sticky notes and pens. Minseok suddenly held his hand up, tried to raise a question which still buckled inside his mind.

 

“Yes Minseok.”

 

“Suho ssi, about the special interview with Girls’ Generation, you said that the questions are all supposed to be prepared by us. And kindly remind you that actually we have one week before the interview, it would be more interesting if we can gather some of the questions from the fans. I mean, we can make an announcement for this and also tell them to submit the questions in the comments section and later we can choose three or even five to be put along with our list. Besides, I also think – judging by the number of SONE itself -   our website statistic may increase a lot. And, it would not seem too hasty if we finally decide to create this little online event.” Minseok looked at the others, made sure if everyone understood with what he had explained before he looked back at the chief editor.

 

“That… isn’t a bad idea though. Fans can at least be involved in this interview rather than just a plain and monotone talk with our so prepared questions that perhaps most of them have already known what the answers are.” Amber repeatedly nodded to Minseok as a sign of approving.

 

“That one is a good idea, but still it depends on their management. We need to contact them before we execute it. SM is quite strict about the public appearance of their artists, unless we can get the answer tomorrow whether they give us a green lamp or not. If they don’t, I would say we’ll stick with the first one. Kyungsoo, how about it?”

 

“I can make a call after the meeting and if we’re lucky, I’ll tell their answer tomorrow.” Kyungsoo made a brief reminder in his agenda. Of course the interview would be able to attract the fans more if the management allows them to do it.

 

“Alright, then. Thank you Minseok for the idea. I assume everyone has clearly understood to all of the meeting results today. Amber, don’t forget about the question list. Minseok, the appointment with SM and the nomination list. Kyungsoo, make a call after this and arrange all the materials. The rest, please be the first to notice the upcoming issues. And it’s done, thank you everyone!” he stood up and smiled.

 

They began to organize all the papers and piled it up, threw those which weren’t used anymore. The clock attached on the wall showed thirty minutes left before it was nine. One by one they went out of the room, leaving the chairs unordered. Kyungsoo waited for Minseok to put all of his materials to the maps and lemon green clearfiles, not knowing that Suho had been paying attention on them. A minute later, he finished with the complicated arrangement and was about to go back to his cubicle when a voice called his name.

 

“Minseok, do you have a minute? I want to tell you something if you’re not in a hurry.”

 

“Oh sure, he has an hour if you want to talk with him longer. Right, minseokkie?” Kyungsoo winked at him and lightly nudged his arm, not to forget, an evil grin. Minseok widened his eyes and hissed in a cute way.

 

“Owh. Yes, Suho ssi. I am…. free now. So what do you want to talk about?”

 

“So….” Suho stared to the third person in the room, tried to give a silent signal so Kyungsoo could give the two some private.

 

“Oh right! Sorry. I should’ve walked myself out of here already. It’s just that you guys are looking good as a couple, IF YOU ARE. Just saying. And by the way Minseok, don’t forget about what we’ve talked at Tiffany’s today! Okay I’m going. Sorry Suho ssi, too much talking. You two, have your time.” Kyungsoo gripped the handle of the door and stepped out of the room, eyes still locked to the two people.

“Minseok, please tell me something good after this. BYEEEE!”

 

“Kyungsoo!!!” Minseok laughed out loud and the other just let out an unbelievable cackled when they were looking at the doe-eyed journalist who was slowly out of their sight.

“He is that weird, you know.” He looked at the black haired gentleman and milky white face in front of him and waited him to talk.

 

“It is nothing so important anyway, but for the next Thursday.”

 

“What’s with the next Thursday?”

 

“Do you have any appointment with someone on that day?” Suho groggily asked him. He started to bite his lower lip, pretending to be calm and gentle with his attitude. Minseok closed his eyes while trying to remember the plans he had on that day without missing any single thing.

 

“I have that meeting with SM representative the day before, regarding the concealed upcoming comeback, probably f(x) or EXO.” He paused a second. Luhan’s name abruptly came to his mind.

“Yeah whatever. By the way, why me all of the sudden? It supposed to be Suho ssi to attend the meeting, not me. Exclusive teasers. So why were they choosing me? Don’t you think I shouldn’t attend it?”

 

“No, you must! Maybe they notice one of your article or they like the way you wrap an interview, such as with Wonder Girls last December or CNBLUE not a long time ago. They don’t choose a person if they know nothing about him right?” Suho put his arms on the smaller boy; a sincere smile curved on his lip and came out from his innocent eyes. He tried to reassure him that he really was a reliable journalist. And still, his favorite.

“And thank you for turning the topic away.”

 

“Hahaha sorry. So yup, maybe that’s all. I’ll be working as usual and then go home watching my favorite CSI episode or GLEE. Grey’s Anatomy starts to get boring every single day. I’m secretly hoping for Spongebob marathon at night hours by the way. Why?” Minseok lifted the maps up again and hugged them even tighter before they slid down and it wouldn’t be funny if the papers were all coming out.

 

“So you don’t have a date then. Would you….. like to have a dinner with me?” the smile on Suho’s face was getting wider, knowing that Minseok didn’t have something important to do on the special day.

 

“Wait, a date? I mean, what for?”

 

“Next Thursday is Valentine’s Day. You don’t say to me….” Minseok shrugged, producing a few amounts of laughter between them.

“Be my date. Or my company, you might consider yourself as. Dinner in Joanne Trattoria at nine after work, sounds okay right?”

 

‘If by any chance, Suho asks you for a date. Please, just say yes and get to know him better.’ how could Kyungsoo know he’s about to ask me for a date? This is not a set up right? Should I really give him a chance? But Luhan…..”

 

“Minseok, please please please? I’ve already made a reservation for two.” Suho cutely pouted, it made him want to pinch his cheeks so bad. But of course he wouldn’t do that, Suho was his boss and they were not dating. He didn’t want the people around got them wrong. He would as usual consider their relationship as “mere coworker”. Suho indeed had been so good for him and Kyungsoo since they both being a part of KPOP Daily. He taught them the basic of journalistic and the effective communication used for an interview which they didn’t really get from their lecturer. He took care of them very well, treated them for lunch for like hundred times as an example. He was opened with their laments during their time as junior journalist. That was why they felt so grateful to have him as a role model, before Kyungsoo recognized the hidden feeling the older had towards his best friend. But Minseok seemed to close his heart since the split-up. But who knew he would eventually give a chance for Suho this time.

 

“Mmmm….” He let out a teasing smile for his boss who couldn’t hide his impatience.

“Alright, alright. I’ll go. Pasta and gelato won’t kill me anyway. Oh with two conditions! First Mr. Kim, don’t fill my mind up with more material or deadline on that day. Second, make that eight if you can slightly change the reservation time so I can get home earlier.  And driving me back to my apartment is included in one packet. Yes?”

 

“GREAT! YES FINALLY! PRAISE JESUS CHRIST! I mean yeah sure, sure. Sorry I’mma get a little bit too excited. Everything is prepared, there’s nothing for you to worry about Minseok.” The wide gummy smile was shown on his face and unknowingly he had their hands intertwined. Minseok was so surprised after he witnessed the excesses expression, how his boss who calm and prudent at first became a hyperactive 5 years old kindergarten student.

 

“Okay then. It’s getting late, Kyungsoo probably has been waiting for me too. See you later, Suho ssi.” Minseok smirked and quickly walked himself out to find his best friend. Most of the lamps had been turned off, but he saw few people who were still working in the overtime. He went to his place near the window, put the heavy papers on his table, and took a glimpse outside. All the city lights, the people below, running vehicles, and the dark empyrean were the things he could captured. The translucent air made the urban view undeniably picturesque. He forgot all the burdens he had for a while. But not his old feelings.

 

“It’s been a long time. I miss you mom, dad, Sohee. Even though we’ve just met for the New Year celebration, I still miss you guys. Mom, I haven’t got the chance to eat your delicious steamed bun anymore. I miss my home. I miss the smell of my own bed, the plushie that I left there too.” He exhaled deeply. “And I miss him too. God, I miss him so much. So much more, I can’t even tell how strong these feelings I still keep for him. Why? Suho has been so good for me, but I don’t even feel the spark for once. I don’t want to risk any person to be a part of my sorrow. If I’m destined to meet him again, then how much longer I need to wait again? It’s been three years, three ing years that I can’t even clear him out of my mind. We’re not talking since then; so please, show someone who can convince me that he has neglected my existence and refused to be with me again. Dammit, dammit, dammit! I feel so useless. God, I need an answer. I need an answer.”

 

“Everything will be okay, Minseokkie.” He was taken by surprise when someone s his arms on his waist and hugged him, back against the chest. It was Kyungsoo who came up from nowhere. He always liked to backhug every time. Kyungsoo isn’t GOD guys JAJAJAJAJA

“Daydreaming again? Next time, you may get possessed, geez.” Kyungsoo hissed at him, but the other stayed in silence.

“So how was that going? Did he ask you for a date?” Minseok turned his body around to face him and nodded.

 

“It isn’t wrong to give him a chance, right? There’s nothing to be afraid of. He…. He asked me for a dinner in Joanne and I said yes, with my few conditions to be honest. I said yes, he was super excited, and luckily, there will be no ers in your apartment for this year. You can even make a lot of noises with Jongin as loud as you want.”

 

Kyungsoo had never felt so happy for his best friend like that before. He handed Minseok’s brown coat, signaling the time for them to go home. Minseok put it on and finally they made their way out from the office.

 

***

 

February 13, 2015

06:55 PM

KPOP Daily Office

 

“Oh Suho ssi. Return so….. early.” Kyungsoo looked at him questioningly after he took a glance at his watch when the boss made a visit to Minseok and his adjacent cubicle.

 

“Yes, Kyungsoo. I have an errand to do. Oh Minseok, kindly remind you-“

 

“Oh yeah, the appointment tonight. I have already prepared anything, nothing is forgotten. They contact me again today to make sure my presence and the exact meeting time.” Minseok paused from his typing activities for a while to face him and explained any necessary things.

 

“You forget one. The most important one. Tomorrow.” Suho gave him an emphasizing look, didn’t want the journalist to forget their date.

 

“Ahahaha I just forgot to mention that one. Sure, I have taken my time. Can’t wait for the Italian hangover, Suho ssi.”

 

“Great then, see you guys tomorrow! Gotta go, now.” Suho waved his hand towards them and walked away. Kyungsoo lightly nudged his best friend who he might assume as soon-to-be couple before eyeing back to the computer screen which displayed bunch of videos needed to be compiled. Minseok didn’t know what to do to kill the time before the meeting with SM besides getting done more and more materials. He loved his job, he loved his workplace, but sometimes he hated the routines. He woke up at about thirty minutes before nine in the morning, prepared himself for breakfast and shower of course, and he needed to be ready in the office straight at ten. He went home at an uncertain hour, but often at late because netizens DO never sleep, what else.

 

“Want to have a coffee with me and Kai before you go? Thought maybe you need us to kill the time, he will meet us up at Starbucks, I have texted him and 10PM won’t be a problem for the handsome Mr. Kkamjong. He will be working with his paper though, so don’t worry with us flirting to each other.” He sighed. “We can get out of here at 9 for dinner first! My stomach has been grumbling like crazy troll.”

 

“YES. OK. AND YES! I might get mummified if I’m waiting here for hours. Let’s get all these done as fast as possible!”

 

***

 

10:57 PM

SM Building

 

Kai drove his car aside when they finally reached the front gate of SM building. Kyungsoo asked his boyfriend to drive Minseok to the meeting place before they went to his apartment and the younger tanned man just did what was told. The journalist opened the door, not forgot to thank the couple and carefully got out of the car. Kai or what Kyungsoo so called “The Handsome Mr. Kkamjongin” was their friend from business faculty. They met each other for the first time when they were a part of the event committees for an annual college festival. And there, maybe, was when the strings between them began to attach. Kai was a total prude on their very first date, Kyungsoo told him, and a super passive guy. But his hypothesis was invalid until he knew how wild Kai could act on bed. Nothing more to be explained. “Spectacular”, the only definition which was used to describe that based on Kyungsoo private dictionary.

 

Minseok saw plenty of young girls outside the SM building; he didn’t have any idea why these girls were still gathering around at that hour and the cold temperature outside didn’t seem to bother their fragile bodies. He walked to the security post beside the gate in a quick step because the breeze was killing him. Some of the girls stood up when they saw this stranger trying to get inside. He heard them whispering something like “Who is he?” or “He’s going in, what is he doing?” or even “He must be dating one of them. Yes, go take a picture!” He just abandoned all the little sayings and opened his brown-colored satchel to pick his ID card.

 

“Goodnight. I’m Kim Minseok from KPOP Daily.” He showed his ID card to the security man who was covered in a thick black coat and his black winter uniform.

“I have a meeting with the representative at eleven and it has been arranged beforehand.”

 

“Please wait for a minute.” The man dialed the number of the telephone to contact the receptionist to make sure he was not lying. Minseok patiently waited when all of the sudden loud noises which were coming from behind made him startled.

 

“Oppa, would you help me please. Take this paper and tell Luhan oppa to sign it.”

“AAAAAAAAACk oppa me too. Take this note and please give it to Chanyeollie pretty pleaaaaase……”

“Oppa, are you gonna meet TVXQ? Tell him to come out, I want to see them so bad!!! AAAAAAAHHH”

“You’re not dating anyone of them, are you? Baekhyun oppa is mine!!! MY HUSBAND!!!”

 

“HEY HEY HEY GIRLS STOP ANNOYING HIM! Mr. Kim, you can come inside, this way. Please give your identity card to the receptionist after you come in. Sorry for the inconvenience.” The security gave him back the card and pointed him the intended direction. Minseok immediately entered the building after few steps of stairs and the large glass door.

 

“Excuse me. I’m Kim Minseok from KPOP Daily.”

 

“Oh yes, Minseok ssi. I’m Yuri, Hyun Kyun ssi has been waiting for you. Jongdae ssi from Jjang Magazine and two other people from Japanese media have also arrived in the meeting room. So, do you need my help to show you the way?”

 

“Oh, no need to. I can walk myself.” Minseok smiled and looked at his watch. Five minutes had passed from eleven and he hated himself for not being on time. He pulled his satchel back when it was about to fall.

 

“Take the elevator and go to the second floor. Turn right until you see a closed café and just go straight to the corner room. Don’t get into the wrong direction or you may end up to a dance practice room.”

 

“Okay, I got it. Thank you.” Minseok rushed towards the lift and pressed the button. He stepped inside and the lift moved upward to the second floor. The door finally opened not so long after that and he saw two guys talking right in front him. It’s him. The person who he hadn’t been getting in touch with was right in front of him with the shiny silver haired guy. Their gazes met and no words came out from both parties.

 

Luhan had changed so much. He looked even more handsome when he saw him directly like that, Minseok thought. His hand pressed the button still to keep the elevator door opened. Short breathing couldn’t be avoided. The silver haired guy fell silent, wondering why his friend suddenly stopped chattering and why his gaze locked to the man inside the elevator. Sweats streamed down from their foreheads down to their neck, absorbed by the wife-beater they wore. The two turned out to be taking some times to rest for a while from the night dancing practice. Minseok finally snapped out of his confusion and quickly gathered enough self-conscious to walk into the meeting room he should have been there five minutes ago.

 

“Excuse me.” He hurried up, rejecting the deer-looking eyes that had not stopped scanning the journalist’s face. He was so afraid if Luhan noticed it was him.

“It can’t be happened. Luhan doesn’t know me; he doesn’t know that it’s me. Just walk, Minseok. Just walk! You’re already late for a meeting.”

 

“Minseok, is that you? Minseok I know you hear me, where are you going to? Sehun I need to go to see that guy.” But Sehun held him back.

 

“Luhan, we only have 5 minutes for break. You can see him after we finish the practice. I don’t have any idea where or how you’re able know that guy, but he probably goes to the meeting room. Hyun Kyung hyung is there too and he’ll be back to the dorm together with us anyway. So, come on for now.” The main dancer was hesitating at first but Sehun was right too. He could see him after the practice. He would meet him, finally. He was very sure it was Minseok, the one who was once take that special place in his heart.

Minseok arrived in front of the meeting room and knocked the wooden door without any doubt. He went inside and took the empty seat immediately.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Im. I should have arrived here earlier. I’m so sorry for that.”

 

“Oh Minseok ssi, it’s okay. We’re just about to begin this meeting. No need to apologize. It should be me, because I have this meeting planned almost at midnight. I’m afraid there would be no time to give this information later because of my tight schedule if I didn’t plan this now. Here, I already put all of which we will discuss about.” The person next to him gave all the filed documents.

“Okay then. Thank you Mr. Tanaka from Tokyo Hive, Ms. Lusy from Kawaii magazine, Jongdae ssi from Jjang! magazine, and Minseok ssi from KPOP Daily to be able to attend this meeting. As I said, SM Entertainment decides to give these exclusive teasers….. for EXO’s upcoming comeback in March. So, let me explain with the first one.” Minseok forced himself to focus and forgot about the previous moment that had happened. He realized it was time to work, not to brood about his personal life. He brought his notebook out and started writing.

 

***

 

February 14, 2015

01:00

SM Building

 

The meeting went pretty well. Every detail of the upcoming comeback was clearly explained and the release dates had been arranged according to what SM desired. It was absolutely an honor for the appointed media to have this rare opportunity given by one of the biggest Korean agencies. Each of them began to tidy up their documents and stuffs on the white square table as the meeting ended. Minseok was getting so sleepy and very much tired.

 

“Thank you everyone, it’s time to go home now. Once again, please pay attention to the release dates. Goodnight.” They bowed to each other and one by one left the meeting room. Minseok grabbed his satchel and got out of the room together with the journalist of Jjang! magazine.

 

“Minseok, it’s so nice to meet you. I thought your boss is the one who will come to this meeting, but really I love to see you here. It has been a long time since our last encounter.” Jongdae widely smiled and put his hand on Minseok’s shoulder.

 

“Ah yes, Jongdae. I miss you too, I know it’s weird, right? They privately asked me, not Suho ssi, I didn’t know why but my boss is okay with that so… here I am.”

 

“Minseok…” Luhan broke their conversation and stared at him.

 

“Oh Luhan, congratulations on EXO’s comeback! We’ve seen every detail of it and the theme is absolutely impressive. I can’t wait any longer to watch you guys back on stage and sweep the charts.”

 

“Ow yes. Thank you so much.” He smiled at Jongdae but quickly had his eye back to Minseok.

 

“Oh I see, seems like you guys want to talk or something. I’ll leave you two, then. Goodnight!” He waved his hand to the latter and headed directly to the elevator. Minseok was very nervous when Luhan held his wrist and had no courage to look at the latter.

 

“I’m sorry, I need to go right now.”

 

“Minseok, please! We need to talk! Why are you always avoiding me? I have asked for fifteen minutes to my manager before we get back to the dorm, god dammit.” Luhan quickly pulled him to sit down and tried to build a conversation.

“Sorry, I’m just tired. I didn’t want to put a blame on you, by the way. It’s just that I want to talk to you Minseok, so bad.”

 

“It’s okay. I understand.”

 

“Thanks.” There were few seconds where they spent themselves in silence before the main dancer spoke again. “So how are you doing, right now? I mean, we haven’t seen each other for two… three years.” Minseok was playing with his fingers and Luhan noticed that.

 

“I’m good. So far it has been great. Oh and I see you’re doing great too, right? You guys are way on top now, aren’t ya?” Minseok finally saw his eyes and smiled a little bit, tried not to be stiff or they would be more tactless to each other.

 

“Thanks. Oh, it’s awkward here isn’t it?” They both let out a chuckle. Luhan bravely intertwined their fingers, feeling the old memories twirling back inside his mind. He let the other used to the abrupt skinship before continuing the precious talk.

“Minseok, do you miss me?” the words were blurted out. The time was ticking so that’s why he wanted to straightly get to the point. He heard Minseok heavily sighed.

 

“Can’t we stop talking about this thing between us?”

 

“Just answer my question. Do you miss me?”

 

“I miss us. Together. Just like the old times.” And after that Minseok pulled his hand out of their grip when a man appeared towards them.

 

“Luhan come on, the guys are already tired and it’s ing two in the AM Jesus Christ! Oh, hello umm… I’m sorry. Hello, I’m Chanyeol. What are you doing here? With him? Oh my God, you’re so cute… Oh look at those cheeks, so squishy so puffy. I want to pinch them soooooooo bad!” he grinned as wide as a buffalo, it looked so creepy, and his right hand was ready to touch the smooth and tender milky cheeks.

 

“Chanyeol, get your hands off! He’s not a living doll or something. And your grin creeps him out!” Luhan pushed the taller back trying to prevent him from touching Minseok. “AAAARRGGGH you ruin it Yeollie! Why don’t you just wait a little bit? AAAAAARRRGGGGGH shoot shoot shoot!!!!”

 

“Don’t put the blame on me! The guys send me here! Besides if I don’t come interrupting, you might spend a effin’ hour more and I, EVERYONE, need to sleep Mr. Main Dancer! Ough, like really.” Chanyeol hissed him. Minseok felt guilty to make them waiting on the lobby after all, they must be very exhausted preparing for their comeback.

 

“Luhan, I think we should go home now especially you guys. I’m sorry Chanyeol ssi, this is all my fault to have you guys waiting for us. You need to save some energy for tomorrow too, Luhan so let’s get going.”

 

“You’ve heard what he’s saying? Thank you Mr. Adorable Cheeks. Sometimes this hyung can be soooo arrogant and selfish.” Chanyeol pouted because he was innocent.

 

“Alright, alright! Let’s move our asses right now. To the elevator.” He held Minseok’s wrist and spanked his band mate when the elevator door was opened, signing him to rapidly go in. Minseok remembered something and suddenly pulled a yellow post-it and a ballpoint.

 

“Luhan, please give me your signature with your name and add a smile on it. I want to give it to one of the girl outside the gate. She has been waiting for you guys to show up in the cold night breeze in hours, so…” the latter just nodded and signed on it. But before he gave the small paper to him, he asked for one condition. The lift had finally reached the first floor and Chanyeol ran towards the van outside the building.

 

“Give me your number or I will not give this to you.” Minseok just took his card out of his wallet and gave it to the latter, vice versa. “Can we meet tomorrow night? I want to talk more. How about, in your office? I can pay a visit to look around at your workplace too.”

 

“Wait what? Everyone must’ve gone to their home or out and no one will be in the office. And you have practice schedule too for tomorrow right? I already have a dinner appointment too at 8. And you’re a goddamn popular KPOP artist!”

 

“That’s great so there will be only us and no one bothering. I’ll finish earlier; disguise myself so none of the fans can recognize me. If there is, let’s just say I’m out for a business in KPOP daily office so there will be no suspicion. I don’t care about the last one. So, see you at 10! Bye Minseokkie, forever my baozi.” Minseok could feel a peck on his cheek and blushed. He really hoped no one saw that or else he would be in an extreme danger. Luhan entered the van and slid the door closed. Fans were roaring out there, calling out their idol’s name when they noticed the van’s machine was . Minseok just ignored it and went to the front gate while the van had entered the street and out of his sight. He could hear the disappointment from all the girls who didn’t manage to snap a picture of them, and then he patted the girl who followed him to the security post before on her shoulder.

 

“Ah, it’s you. Ah oppa, I’m too tired to talk right now.” The girl slowly sobbed. “I want to see them, why didn’t they at least wave at us or whatever, it’s exhausting but… but… aaaaargh I don’t know I can’t think properly right now. You’re so lucky you can get into the building and see them, but look at me.”

 

“Hey hey don’t cry, perhaps they are more tired than you think. I saw them practice hard to show you guys their best. And here, as you asked me before.” He handed her the yellow post-it with Luhan’s signature. The girl froze when he saw the small paper on her hand with mouth agape.

 

“It’s Luhan… Luhan… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK OPPA THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOU OPPA THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! OPPA OH MY GOOOOD!!!!” she bear-hugged him and squeezed his body until he couldn’t breathe at all.

 

“He… Hey…. Okay okay stop…. I can’t…… breath…. Now hail me a cab, please.”

 

“TAXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!” Cats and dogs were awakened from their sleep, people from five blocks came out of their window to see where was the loud noise coming from, and bunch of taxis stopped right in front of him.

 

“Thank you.” Minseok quickly entered the cab and tried to calm his fast-beating heart.

 

***

 

February 14, 2015

07:55 PM

Violets Jewelry House

 

The bell was clinging when someone entered the classic and vintage jewelry shop. The smell of gold, silvers, and various kinds of gemstones embowered the place. An old man came from behind the red old door, ready to greet his handsome customer.

 

“Oh Sir, how can I help you?” the old man tried to fix his spectacles so he could see the other person more apparent.

 

“Mr. Choi, it’s me Suho. Hahahahaha…..” he released a friendly laugh when the elder didn’t recognize him.

 

“Oh, Suho. It has been a month since your last visit. The sapphire you’ve deposited here gets dusty, that is such a beautiful stone, you know.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Choi. That’s why I want to take the ring now. It deserves a better place, doesn’t it?” his sincere smile hadn’t yet to disappear from his face. The old man looked at the wooden shelves one by one, tried to remember the last place he put the sapphire ring when Suho deposited it a year ago. It was his Mothers before she passed away due to a severe renal complication she had been endured for two years. His mother loved the view of a tranquil blue ocean, that’s why she chose a sapphire stone as her wedding ring.

 

“Here it is, still beautiful and charming.” He said while opening the blue tiny box. “Speaking of which, are you going to propose someone? I’m just curious though why you suddenly want to take this baby out.” He stared at him from the old weak eyes.

 

“AHAHAHAHAHA…. I don’t know Mr. Choi. I am not sure anyway. Well, he…. He’s cute.” His cheeks were blushing right away. “We’ve known each other for about four years and I still don’t know the feeling he has for me. It’s very hard to know what’s inside his heart. But honestly, I love him. And I realize I need to tell him sooner or later.”

 

“Tell him when you think it’s the right time to do it. And I hope I can see you with your loved one paying a visit to this old store, though. He must be a very cute and caring person that he successfully owns that one place in your heart, isn’t he? Ah this kid. You make me so curious.” The old man softly caressed the younger hair and it made him chuckled. Mr. Choi gently put the tiny blue box on his palm.

 

“Yes Mr. Choi. I’ll promise. And I hope, tomorrow is the right time to tell and show him my true feeling.”

 

***

 

 

Sorry sorry sorry ;___________; I have so many appointments with my friends as I got back to my hometown.

Happy Valentine's Day damn I know it's super late so sawry 

I appreciate every comment and critic towards this story.

And thank you for all the subscribers!!! I wonder where you guys are coming from. Pluto? [Oh and silent readers too :)]