Tables Turned

Stupid Favor

JR stood uncertainly in front of Akemi's house. He was never one to be nervous, and escpecially since he shouldn't care what Akemi's parents thought of him. This was a fake relationship after all. And yet, he found himself straightening his collar and fixing his bangs. Finally, after he was satisfied was the way he looked, he took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
Akemi quickly opened the door, looking a little tired, but smiled polietly at him nonetheless, "You're here, come in."
He quickly walked in and saw Akemi's parents, standing side by side, analysing his every move and gesture. After quickly slipping out of his shoes, he bowed deeply and said, "I'm Kim JongHyun, nice to meet you. Thank you for having me over."
Ms.Keoki smiled at JR's politeness, which he took as a good sign, but as he looked over to Akemi's father - he was frowning.
"It's nice to meet you too," Ms.Keoki smiled, "Akemi, come help me put the food out."
Akemi nodded, casting a worried look back at JR, before following her mother into the kitchen. JR looked over at Mr.Keoki as smiled politely, "Nice to meet you, Sir."
Mr.Keoki gave a brief nod, and gestured for JR to follow him to go sit down. JR just shrugged it off, figuring that it was because he wasn't comfortable speaking in Korean. They sat in silence for a couple minutes before Akemi walked in and said, "Dad, Mom needs your help."
Mr.Keoki, once again, nodded and left, leaving JR and Akemi alone. "Hey," JR said, "I don't want to be rude, but can your father speak Korean?"
"Yeah," she nodded, her smile slowly turning into a slight frown, "He's more fluent than me...Why do you ask? Was he not talking?"
"Aha," JR chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, "Th-that's not it..."
Akemi's frowned deeply and walked after her father whining, "Dad...Why are you being like this?"
"Why am I being like what?" he asked.
"Appa~" she pouted, "Stop it~"
"Sorry," he chuckled, ruffling her hair and putting down the food on the table. Akemi stuck her tongue out at her father before bringing JR to the table to eat.
~*~
Dinner was over, thanks were said, leaving Akemi and JR standing outside her front door, saying their goodbyes.
"Thanks. Just...thanks," JR said awkwardly.
"Hey, I'm sorry about my Dad, he's stubborn," Akemi sighed, shaking her head.
"Stubbron?"
"Yeah," she frowned slightly, "He has his heart set on me getting together with his friend's son."
"R-really now?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. She nodded, and he cleared his throat awkwardly before saying, "Ok...so...I'm going to go then..."
"Ah, yeah. See you," she nodded.

 

~*~

Hi everyone~~ I'm so sorry for the late update! Schooling almost done, so we're getting busy and i spent all weekend doing homework instead of writing (crying TT.TT ) ANYWAY~ I HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!