Chapter 1

Fading

Tears dripped down your cheeks as you furiously packed your stuff into your suitcase. He never said a thing to you, but you knew. You knew that you were in no position to bring a true smile to his face, and that he clearly deserved someone that he can enjoy himself around. You clumsily wiped away your tears with the sleeve of your sweater.

It’s been 5 years since the two of you have been together, and you loved every bit of it, until recently. You lost your job of 4 years, and it just seemed like everything went downhill. Your long late night skype sessions with him ended as soon as they started, and he barely came home anymore. You never saw the special smiles that he reserved only for you, and started seeing them directed towards others instead.

You noticed the way he looked whenever you guys would go on a date, which wouldn’t be often. The look on his face showed that he’d rather be busy with schedules than doing whatever you guys were doing, and because of that, you never spoke anymore. You never tried to start a conversion anymore, and so, most of the dates you guys go on would be silent.

You rushed back and through the bathroom and the bedroom, grabbing as many things you could that belonged to you and shoving them into your suitcase and backpack.

Memory after memory with him flooded through your mind, causing a waterfall of tears to fall. You loved him so so much, but you couldn’t bear to put him through that much pain. You sighed to yourself, wiping your eyes again and tried to calm yourself down. It was the best for him.

You looked at the picture of the two of you on the table. You brought a finger up to his face and smiled sadly. “Junsu oppa… I hope you’ll be happy after this…” You whispered, bringing the picture up to your lips and giving it a soft kiss.

You placed it down with a piece of folded paper beside it, took your stuff and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind you. Taking one last look at the living room, you put your shoes on and walked out the door, a single tear falling to the ground.

I love you Junsu Oppa, always.