Realization

Things You Can't Take Back

I rubbed my tired eyes and pretended to focus on the textbook in front of me so my teacher wouldn't try to scold me for not paying attention to her again. I was in no mood to deal with bickering woman today. After my cello teacher yelled at me for not practicing diligently and saying she quitted being my mentor my mom lectured me on how important it was to do everything right according to her standards. I hated how everyone expected me to be so perfect. I wasn't like my older brother Dujun. Things didn't come naturally to me and I had no intention of working hard for things I didn't care for. Cello was my moms idea but I just really wanted to play guitar.

I yawned but my breath hitched as I noticed him coming into the room. I covered my mouth with my hand and watched him steadily with my eyes. I had a strange urge of wanting him to sit in front of me where it was left empty. He passed by my row to my dismay to go say hi to his friend Sulli. Darn you Seungri why must you have so many friends in this class. Not me, all my friends had other classes from mine. Sure I was popular but I wasn't Mr. Nice Guy exactly. I leaned back in my seat trying to appear unphased by him ignoring me.

~*~

I blew into my palms before rubbing them together again desperately trying to make them warm. I rubbed my arms and hopped in place to make sure I wouldn't freeze to death from waiting out in the cold air. My mom had taken a wrong route after picking up my brother from his piano lessons and my sister from her dance recital making me have to wait longer as it started to snow. I shook my head still in disbelief and scoffed. They always came before me in my mother's eyes.

My body stiffened as I heard someone walking from behind me. I leaned more into the wall so they wouldn't notice me. I didn't want anyone from school to see me out here like this. I heard chattering come closer until finally two figures appeared walking past me and pause as they worked to finish their conversation.

I looked closely and noticed it was Seungri and of course his best friend Jiyong. I hated that kid. He always got to be around Seungri. What did he have that I didn't. He at sports, socializing, and he didn't do anything for school except tutor. What a loser. I was cool. I was popular. Seungri should hang out with me more often. I watched as they took their separate ways and entered their own car where there parents had been waiting to pick them up in.

~*~

I blew my nose hard into the tissue making my head grow extremely dizzy. My mom patted my forehead to check for a fever and sighed. "You're too sick honey. No school for you today." She pouted using her baby voice on me.

"What?! That's not fair!" My brother shouted throwing his arms up in the air. He already had his coat on for school and backpack on.

"I know I wanna stay home too!" My older sister Gayoon whined.

"Shut up Dujun." I tried to say but failed. My heard felt so heavy I couldn't make out my words correctly.

"Dujun be nice to your brother he's sick. Okay Hyunseung-sshi take this medicine after you eat." My mom instructed as she placed the bottle of pills on my night stand. She then ordered my brother and two sisters out of the house.

"I hope you feel better." Sohyun, my younger sister, said to me as she hugged me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled for her meekly. Soon everybody left and I was allowed peace and quiet. My eyelids drooped down as I proceeded to rest.

I woke up to the sound of a knock on our apartment door. "Hello?" I heard a familiar voice call out. I lifted myself up tired and got up off my bed exhausted. I walked over to the door and checked the peep hole. No way! I'm dreaming right now. Definitely dreaming right now. But before I had time to ponder more knocking occurred. Without another second I opened the door and was greeted by such a heavenly smile. "Seungri?" I asked just to make sure for no apparent reason.

"Hyunseung!! I heard you had called in sick so the teacher allowed me to come give you your work." He stated holding the books up in front of me. Oh so that's why he came here. My shoulders slumped down feeling defeated. "How are you? You look terrible." He cried. Oh great nice to know how appealing I was to him. Suddenly my face grew hot as I felt his hand touch my cheek. My eyes glanced as his palm cupped my cheek. What is wrong with me?

"I'm good, just sick." I said finally after he pulled his hand away.

"You worried me. Did you take your medicine yet?" He asked peeping inside my house. I remembered it was a mess and moved a bit to block his view. "Oh, no I have to eat before I can." I explained scratching the back of my head.

"Bo? You haven't eaten yet? Wae?" He questioned with a curious pout. I stared at his puffy bottom lip wanting to poke it.

"I just now woke up." I chuckled a bit embarrassed by my confession. What if he thinks I'm lazy now. "I'll just make me some ramen don't worry."

"Ramen?! Aigoo, that's bad for you! Move I'll make you a real home cooked meal." He said as he invited himself inside my house. My eyes widened as realization struck me. He was coming into MY house to cook for ME?!

He set his stuff on the floor beside the door and I decided to close it seeing as he wasn't leaving yet. He pealed off his coat and took off his shoes before heading to the kitchen. I smiled as I followed him close behind. "Do you like spicy food?" He asked me. I nodded my head slowly since it still felt heavy. "Good! My best friend Jiyong hates spicy food so it's upsetting that I can never cook for him." One point Hyunseung, Zero points Jiyong I mentally cheered.

I rested my head on kitchen table as I watched him prepare the food. I didn't know what exactly he was doing but it looked nice. He finished putting everything to cook on the stove and went out towards the living room. I tried raising my eyes to see what he was up to but I failed. "Seung-sshi" I lightly called.

"Yah? I'll just be a second I'm cleaning up a bit." He said. Huh? How can I let him clean my own house. I lifted myself up and went to check in the living room where it was nearly spot less. All the dirty clothes laying around were in the hamper. All the rappers in the trash and dirty dishes were in a pile ready to be taken to the sink.

"Seungri, you don't have to do this for me." I stated feeling really awkward. I wasn't used to someone else cleaning my house.

"No, I always clean while I'm cooking. Otherwise the food doesn't cook out right." He explained. I blinked my eyes not understanding his logic. He smiled at me bashfully before taking the dishes back in the kitchen. He began washing and drying the pile and organized them all in the cabinets afterwards. I watched as he then started wiping down the table and counter making them spotless.

He motioned for me to sit in my seat. "The foods ready. I'll serve you." He headed for the stoves and fixed a plate for me before placing the meal in front of me and sitting beside me. I looked at the food in awe. It was white rice with curry. Seungri got a spoonful and blew on it before aiming it at my mouth. My face grew hot and my heart beat increased. This cant be normal. I swallowed hard before opening my mouth and allowing him to feed me. The taste was amazing. I mumbled pleased by the taste.

I turned to face him and say thanks but paused. There was something about this boy. What is it about him? His black hair rested perfectly on his head in no specific manor. His eyes held lightly darkened puffs under them making him look like a panda. His skin was so smooth and babyish that it appeared like cream and his lips. They were just such a subtle color of pink that drew my attention onto them. I chuckled as my heart did a flip. What was I doing right now? Oh God let me not regret this. "Seungri-sshi.." I called

"Uh-huh." He asked looking into my eyes. I stared back up at his. My mind was racing as it chased clouds trying to find the right words to match what I was feeling. "I think your cool." I said breathlessly.

I moved forward and placed my lips gently on his unsure of if I was doing it right but not fully caring. I just needed my point to get across. I felt his lips push into mine slightly before we pulled away. "I think your cool too." He replied.

A?N Hoped you enjoied the story and comment please. btw hyunseung's family will be featured in my future story ^^v