Your Follower

The Mean Queenka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Your Follower

 

“Lead me to the place you live. I’ll follow you even if it’s at the end of the world. Please don’t escape from my vision. The walk I dream of, you are my one and only butterfly.”

            EXO – Don’t Go

 

 

 

 

I stood there completely frozen as I felt the atmosphere of the room grow tense. I lifted my head and my eyes met with hers that were blazing with anger and disappointment. I was about to open my mouth to explain myself when but she already continued to speak out her thoughts.

 

“You were with that bastard of a son of Senator Kim again aren’t you,” she said as a statement more than a question.

 

“I-I It wasn’t like that Lady Han,” I trailed off unsure of how to answer her.

 

“It wasn’t like that, huh? Then what is it? I told that stubborn head of yours countless times already to leave that misbegotten boy already. He will only bring shame to our family! Don’t taint our family reputation!” she screamed towards me.

 

“But I love him! And he loves me, too!” I answered with more conviction. How dare she talk about Jongin like that? She doesn’t even know half of what he has gone through.

 

“Love? How long do you think that that ‘love’ will stay there? There’s no forever in this world, darling now just be a good little girl and follow my orders, ne?” she said.

 

“You’re just bitter of your history with Appa! Not everybody is like that and I’m pretty sure that Jongin is certainly one of them!” I yelled back at her. A sharp slap greeted my left cheek making my lower lip burst due to the impact.

 

“Get out of my sight, you ungrateful child.” She said shakily making me smirk.

 

“My pleasure.” I replied with mockery.

 

 

I stepped outside and made way towards my room when I suddenly bump into a sturdy figure. I looked up and saw Butler Nam’s face etched with worry.

 

“Your lip is bleeding, young miss. Let me get that treated by the maids.” He said as he called over a maid which whom led me back to my bedroom with him following right behind us.

 

I sat there on my bed as the maid treated my busted lip making me wince in pain once in a while. I looked at my face through the mirror and sighed. Just great; I’ll be sporting a busted lip and a swollen cheek this Monday, I thought to myself. The maid then left and Butler Nam took over the seat that she has previously occupied and handed me an ice pack.

 

“Sorry if this may sound like I’ve been intruding in you life but I heard you and your mother’s conversation ago, you miss. Even though Lady Han acts like that, you should still be respectful to her because you still owe her you life.” He started.

 

“You should also call her ‘eomma’, you know. I’m sure it hurts her hearing her own daughter calling her Lady Han,” he continued to lecture.

 

“But she doesn’t even act like a real mother to me. She’s just enjoys torturing me because I’m appa’s daughter. She thinks that she is able to get back at him by making me suffer!” I said in distaste and he just shook his head in approval.

 

“No, that’s not true, young miss. Your mother loves you dearly as she has with your father. She just thinks that what she’s doing now is what’s best for you,” he said calmly.

 

“And breaking up with Jongin is best?” I scoffed. “I bet she’s just jealous of our relationship because appa just played her.” I felt Butler Nam press the ice pack harder against my cheek and I groaned in pain.

 

“Now, now, Haera-sshi. That’s not the way to talk towards a parent. You’re still under her roof so you just have to be a lot more understanding towards her. You’re mother suffered a lot too. Please try to understand her.” He scolded me in a more sternly and I merely nodded my head as he also exited my room.

 

I was happy that there was a certain ‘Mr. Nam’ in this household. He has been taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter