Kang Haera

The Mean Queenka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter One: KangHaera

“My memories have stopped at winter. I’ve locked up my warmness. Inside the chapped skin  is a dry heart.”

       It's Cold - Epik High featuring Lee Hi

 

 

I gazed outside the car's window as I admired the snow coated pavements. I watched as the busy streets of Seoul move with people rushing probably to their work and other places. Today is the first fall of snow; I smiled to myself because winter is my favorite season after all.  The cold has always brought comfort in me. Somehow, I liked how it made my hands become numb whenever I touch the snow for a longer time. Void from any feelings that may shot through my body, aside from pain that is. Don’t get me wrong though. I am not a masochist. I continued to admire how the snowflakes dropped from the sky still deep in thoughts when the car came to a full stop. 

"We have arrived, young miss," the chauffeur declared as then rushed out to open the door for me. I scanned the place outside and rolled my eyes as I see the usual crowd that greets me every morning.

 I straightened my skirt and tightened my scarf around my neck as I went down the car. And then as if on cue, I heard the squeals and voices of the people wanting to catch my attention even though for a split-second only.  A smirked at then and flipped my hair as I strutted towards my college building.

"Haera-sshi is so pretty today," somebody exclaimed.

"Are you stupid? Haera has always been pretty!" scolded another voice. 

I ignored them all and walked straight through the crowd. They automatically parted into two to let me pass through when suddenly, a boy, probably a hoobae was pushed towards me by his friends. Snickers filled the air as they already know the result of what has yet to happen.

“Sunbaenim, I have liked you since my freshman year. Will you please go out with me?” the boy said as he bowed with his hands outstretched to me holding out a bouquet of flowers.

I stared at him and then scanned him from head to toe. I faked a smile and then reached out to the flowers causing him to grin at me.

“Does that mean I’m sunbae’s boyfriend now?” he enthusiastically asked as he gave a thumbs up sign to his friend.

“Of course---- not!” I deadpanned and then smiled at him sweetly as I threw the bouquet at the ground harshly. I rolled my eyes at him and then continued to my destination ignoring the boy with the slumped shoulders. You should be happy though, you have your friend to comfort you, I thought as I saw them cheer him up.

I reached my lockers with a sigh of relief when I saw nobody crowding near it. I opened it after inputting my password and there flew out more cards, flowers and chocolate. I scoffed and gathered them all and threw them to the nearest trashcan. I placed my books inside it taking with me the things I needed and then went to my first class as scheduled.

I was greeted by the same faces I’ve been with for the last three years of my high school life. There were a few new people I haven’t been with yet though the room wasn’t that filled yet. I plopped down the seat I usually have which is of course in the middle. I was choosing a song with my iPod when I heard a very familiar voice calling out my name.

“Haera!” Sooyoung exclaimed as she took the seat in front of me, her torso twisting so that she would be facing me.

“That scene a while ago was so cool!” She continued while grinning at me.

“What did I do? I didn’t even do anything s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter