O2; The *Conceited Pest

Chasing Love

 

Bongcha’s POV;

 

For the rest of class, writing down notes and concentrating seemed to be a hard task, especially when L. Weird continued to turn around at times and peek at me with a grin and a wink.

I mentally shivered and always made sure to look away every time his back moved. Really, what was with this person? We hardly talked and he already had some crazy theory about me liking him. I frowned to myself as I thought about the first time I had interacted with him.

 

-         ONE YEAR AGO

“Stupid lock,” I muttered to myself as I dashed down the hallway to my next class. “I knew buying a cheap lock for my locker wouldn’t be such a good idea.” I sighed and just as I looked down at my watch, I bumped into something and my arms immediately let go of my books. The figure I had bumped into fell onto the floor along with my books and I looked up to see some short guy from my year level sitting on the floor with a pile of my books.

“S-Sorry!” I stuttered, going over to pick up my books.

“Nah, it’s okay. Just look where you’re going next time, um...” The boy chuckled and I watched him struggle to pick up my heavy atlas. Feeling sorry for him, I helped him take it myself.

“Um, Jung B-Bongcha,” I told him, wondering if it was a good idea to tell him my strange name or not. “My name is er, Jung Bongcha.” The boy showed a blank face and I could almost feel myself mentally face palming if not for my occupied arms holding my atlas.

“You’re in my year level, right?” He asked. “I’m Lee Byunghun but you can just call me L. Joe. And I should go now so...I’ll see you around?” He shrugged and stood up, walking away somewhat coolly.

Only what wasn’t cool about his exit was that part of the back of his shirt was lifting a little and a glimpse of his boxers with cartoon chickens decorated on it could be seen. I found it so awkward that I started to turn red and I quickly looked away in embarrassment. After that incident, I hoped I wouldn’t bump into anyone like that ever again.

~~~

“So...what happened before class? I saw L. Joe talking to you!” Hyemi grinned at me as we both walked to the bus stop.

“I’d rather not talk about it,” I groaned, rolling my eyes. “He’s crazy.” Hyemi seemed proud of herself.

“You don’t know how much I’ve helped you today Bongcha,” She chuckled and I raised an eyebrow.

“Helped me in what?”

“You know...your crush?” Hyemi’s eyebrows wriggled up and down. My mind went blank as I started to think. What had Hyemi done to help me with Chunji? No. Had she done anything at all to help me? Because all I had gotten was a crazy kingka come and act conceited in front of my face.

I pursed my lips and decided not to say anything about it. Honestly, I had expected Hyemi to be somewhat mad at me for liking her cousin but she seemed completely the opposite instead.

As we got nearer to the bus stop, loud chattering noises could be heard and I lifted my head to see L. Joe standing at the bus stop while some girls squealed behind him. He had this stupid conceited grin on his face and was probably feeling very much loved by the world at this moment. Hearing approaching footsteps, L. Joe turned around and his conceited grin seemed to turn bigger. I groaned and quickly turned back around but it was already too late.

“Hey Boooongcha!” He called, waving.

I don’t know you and I beg you, don’t call my name out so loud for the whole world to hear and keep far, far away from me.

As usual, luck wasn’t on my side and soon L. Joe came next to me.

“Oops, looks like I forgot something in the classroom,” Hyemi said, sounding terribly fake with a grin. “I’ll go back to get it now.”

“Hyemi-ah!” I hissed. Pretending she didn’t hear me, Hyemi zoomed away while I was left alone with this creep. I sighed and dropped my head.

“So,” L. Joe said. “Happy that the guy you like takes the same bus as you?” I looked up to glare at him.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked. “Who said that I liked you?”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to admit it,” L. Joe grinned. “I heard you were shy anyway.” I really could not believe this guy. No one had made me want to crash my head onto the wall this badly until now. I decided to ignore him as he continued pestering me. Soon, my bus came and as L. Joe hopped on, he turned and raised an eyebrow.

“You aren’t coming on?”

“Not with you aboard.”

L. Joe smirked a little and shrugged.

“Your loss then.” Pfft. What loss?

Slowly, the bus doors closed and I watched as it sped off then sighed. Walking home was going to take me a long time.

 


second chapter is up! o/ sorry for such a late update ; n ;