"In Between"

"Between"


        Tears puddled at her feet, disturbing any peace that they could find. They dispersed with ease, unlike the place at which they could have come from.
        She grasped the damaged photograph tightly, it's wooden frame threatening to split. The faces in the picture mocked her, frozen smiles faintly seething their teeth.
        She sobbed louder, choking on unspoken words. Her fingertips grazed the glass that separated the memory.

Crack.

        The shard pierced her ghastly white skin, shocking her into reminiscence;

He enveloped her into his arms, lightly kissing the top of her head. She grinned cheekily, returning to hug. He rolled his eyes playfully and shook out his phone from the bundle of clothes, ignoring the girl's want of release.

        "Let me go fatty," she unsuccessfully wriggled out of his chest, being faced forward.

        "One picture?" He insisted, not known at all to be the type of guy to do such a thing.
       
        "1, 2, 3..."

        Kiss.

        "...Did you just (kiss me)?" She glared, until the warmth spread to her cheeks.

        "Yup." He nodded, saving the picture and setting it as his screen saver.

        "And took a picture of it?"

        "Uh huh."

She squinted, and walked away, confused.

He had kissed her.

What was so confusing about that?

The reason.

Just why did he do it? They were a couple. They were boyfriend and girlfriend. And they were in a relationship.

Key word? Were.
     
        "I love you." He said, leaning down once more to bring his lips to hers. She didn't say anything but kissed him back, the words "I love you" stuck inside.

-

        "Do you think we'll ever break up?" She asked curiously, pupils dilating against the flicker of flames. 
        "Why would you even think about that?" He squinted, unintentionally making her feel stupid.
        "There's always an if" She sighed.
       

...He didnt answer.

 

Like it? Yes? No? Other=Comment(: