Breakfast

Guardian

"Sungjongie, time to wake up." Sungjong felt someone patting his chest gently. He opened his eyes to find Sunggyu's sleepy face. He giggled.

"You can open your eyes, hyung. It's morning." He mumbled sleepily.

"Yah!" Sunggyu hit the maknaes arm hard, making him cringe. "Get up. We have a busy schedule today." Sungjong sighed and pulled the covers over his head again, thinking about how late he'd be able to sleep in if he weren't an idol.

"Hours..." he moaned.

"Ughh," The leader scratched his head in frustraton. "Be up and ready to go in twenty minutes." He said as he exited the room. "Or. Else." The venom in his tone was enough to make Sungjong spring up from his bed, nearly hitting his head on the low ceiling. He peaked over the edge of the bunk to Hoya's empty bed. Infinite H schedules, Sungjong reasoned. He climbed out of bed and smiled as his eyes reached the empty purple mug seated on Hoya's desk. The maknae picked it up and pretended to take a sip from it, giggling and blushing at the thought of his lips touching where Hoya's had been just hours before. After showering and getting ready, Sungjong met up with the other boys sitting at the kitchen table. Myungsoo patted the seat next to him and smiled groggily.

"Come eat with me!" He said cheerfully. Sungyeol appeared suddenly and sat down forcefully in the seat Myungsoo had saved for Sungjong, grabbing at his roommate's hand under the table. Myungsoo shot him an aggravated look and then directed his attention back to Sungjong. "Woohyun hyung cooked. It's really good, have some." Sungjong passed by the busy table and went straight into the refrigerator for a bottle of water.

"Twenty minutes my ," he mumbled to himself before taking a sip. "Aren't we going to be late?" He sneered at the leader.

"First recording fell through," Sunggyu responded, mouth full of god knows what, "we have a bit of time before rehearsal." They all nodded in agreement.

"I made a lot.. eat something, Jongie." Woohyun pleaded. "Please, it's been too long..." Woohyun's voice trailed off as they all watched the water bottle crash to Sungjong's feet. Each of the members took turns glaring at the chef. His eyes filled with what seemed to be of less importance than the water that continued to bleed out onto the cold, hard wood floor. Woohyun left the table, slamming the door to his room and waking everyone from their daze.

Sunggyu sighed, got up from the table and chased Woohyun into the room, giving Sungjong a disgruntled look as he passed. Sungyeol continued to shove food into his mouth, reluctantly letting good Myungsoo's hand as he got up and fetched a towel to mop up the mess. He walked over to the river, soaking it up on his hands and knees for the seemingly frozen Sungjong.

"You told?" The maknae said with still lips. "You told it all?" His voice raised with every word. "You told everyone everything!?" He squat down and tried to meet the eyes of his guilty hyung. "I trusted you." He whispered venomously, still searching desperately for Myungsoo's eyes. Sungjong's breath quickened as his frustration grew. Myungsoo was too criminal, too devious,too goddamn good at hiding his face in shame. Finally Sungjong gave in to his anger, planting a swift slap across the elder's face. The elder boy's head snapped up and the two locked eyes for what seemed like days. Before either of them could say anything, Sungyeol pushed Sungjong off his feet and into the widening puddle.

"STOP IT!" He yelled as he pulled Myungsoo to his feet. The tall body towered over Sungjong, blocking the florescent lights of the kitchen. "He was trying to help you, Sungjong! He was trying to help!" He ruffled his hair with frustration and kicked water into the maknae's face. "Do you know how scared he is for you?!" Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol with pleading eyes, but he ignored them and continued. "He cries."

"Sungye-" Myungsoo tried to interject, but was cut off by a screaming Sungyeol.

"He gets worked up to the point where he can't even breathe!" Tears arrived in Sungyeol's eyes at the thought of pain swallowing his darling Myungsoo whole. "He stopsbreathing, Sungjong." His lip quivered slightly and his words became whispers. "He cries every night, praying that maybe the next day you won't keep doing this to yourself." Sungyeol waited for words, a response, for something to justify the thing's he'd done and the pain he'd caused, but Sungjong attempted to speak directly to Myungsoo.

"I'm fine, hyun-"

"YOU HAVEN'T EATEN IN MONTHS, SUNGJONG!" Sungyeol's screams caught the attention of the other hyungs, who scuttled out of their room to see what was happening. They stood at the doorway of the kitchen, Woohyun's head burried in Sunggyu's chest, just observing the disarray. They told themselves that the situation had reached beyond their power; that there was nothing they could do at this point. Sungjong looked around Sungyeol again to the now teary eyed Myungsoo.

"So you did tell?" He confirmed softly. The few pitiful sobs that escaped Myungsoo's guilty lips were enough to make something in Sungyeol snap. He reached down and grabbed the shaking maknae by the collar of his shirt, furrowing his brow before striking him once in the stomach.

"What ing difference does it make? You're not gonna eat anyways. You're too much of a miserable, selfish, spoiled little brat to understand how it might effect us, the people that love you. So go ahead," he threw the frail boy back at the ground and chuckled a bit as the water splashed around, "starve yourself until you do." He slowly bent down to stare the poor boy dead in the eyes. "And don't cry so much," he said slyly, pinching one of Sungjong's cheeks, "it makes your face look chubby."

The whole room gasped with horror. Lee Sungyeol had gone too far.

"Sungyeol!" Their leader yelled. Sungyeol rolled his eyes briefly in response.

"I'm not the one who started this...." he mumbled, gazing at the weeping Woohyun in Sunggyu's arms. The leader called his name again, but he was already in his room lying on the bed, trying his hardest to justify his actions. When Sungyeol's door shut, there was a moment of complete nothingness in which each of the boy's minds dove into the remains of Sungjong's water bottle, their thoughts now floating aimlessly in a puddle reflecting nothing but their empty faces. The door of the dorm opened, abruptly wrecking the silence and officially ending the scene. The two elder hyungs gathered their thoughts and rushed to the door, explaining to the two new comers snippets of what happened over breakfast. Myungsoo took a few hesitant steps towards Sungjong, but the maknae hastily stood up and locked himself in the bathroom, too embarrassed to face the members of Infinite H.


[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Thank y'all so much for reading and subscribing, it really means a lot. This fic is kind of my new baby, but if you ship myungyeol at all you might want to check out my still running fic "Thank You LSY"

So yeah things got real intense real fast and the Hojong has only really be hinted at so far.... let me know any predictions, improvements or just general comments below!