First match

DEATH OR LOVE?! {ON HIATUS UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE}

The brightness of the sunlight blinded YooJin. Feeling unsatisfied with her sleep, she moaned for more sleep, but the light continued to shine on her without fail. In the end, she awoke, handing the victory to the Sun. 

YooJin sat up as she scanned through the surroundings. Her teammates were still alive, sleeping peacefully, unattacked by the other team.

She sighed. It was the second day since the splitting of groups. She hoped that no matter what had happened later would definitely not harm any of her loved ones. She just wanted everyone to return home alive.

She blinked a few times, freeing her tears to flow. She was zoning out and didn't realised that Sunggyu was looking at her. 'Myungsoo wouldn't like this if he saw this scene.' he thought, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Please don't cry." a familiar voice came from behind. YooJin didn't hear it of course. What caught her attention wasn't the voice, it was the action done by the owner of the voice.

"Please don't cry," Ricky repeated as he tried wiping away YooJin's tears for her. YooJin flinched, snapping back to reality. "Oh Ricky, it's you." she answered, in a very low tone. "L.Joe hyung wouldn't be happy if he sees you crying." Ricky said, wiping away her tears for her for the second time.

"I'm o-okay." she managed to croak. "Don't pretend to be strong YooJin. You have us." Sungyeol came over with Sungjong and patted her shoulders. She nodded in agreement.

That moment, she decided that she had to stop being so down to bring everyone down. If she wanted everyone to survive, she cannot afford to distract their teammates.

"Arasseo, Goumawo oppa." she sniffed, wiping away her tears, finally showing a broad smile. "Let's set off then!" Sunggyu declared, since he was the eldest.

"PLEASE REPORT TO THE ARENA." there was a note pinned onto the metal bar of each team's entrance.

As both teams slowly approached the Arena, both of the teams became wary of their environment.

"There it is!" Chorong called, pointing to the largest tent in sight. It was striped red and white. Like an amusement park tent. The team trailed inside, without making any unnecessary noises to alarm the other team.

The lights flickered on, alarming both teams. Both teams were now face-to-face with each other, only separated with metal bars. As if they were in a jail. Tch, how irony. They were in a place worst than a jail.

The stone-like gaze on each other members were softened with much sadness when they saw their best friends, loved ones.

Before the match even started, rules of the following game was explained clearly. The winners, get to live, the losers, go to hell.

Everyone was nervous and definitely hoped with all their might that they would meet someone that had same level of skills as each other. By either way, there will only be one survivor per match. No exception.

It was told that one male from Sunggyu's group had to be exempted to have a fair competition. Everyone came to the conclusion that Sunggyu will be exempted as at least when some of the stronger ones dies, there is still a leader to lead them.

First match: Sungyeol VS L.Joe

The speaker announced. Both of them took a step in front. The atmosphere surrounding the arena were dead still.

Sungyeol nervously waved goodbye to the group before entering the battlefield. He shivered, whilst entering the battlefield. 

YooJin covered her eyes and refused to look at the match because both were her best friends, she couldn't afford to lose any of them.

As the sound of the starter blast the whole arena, the two guys charged, each carrying a spear. Their skills were on par. Sungyeol had succeeded in stabbing L.Joe's stomach but had failed to counter attack L.Joe's attack.

Seeing Sungyeol was relieved that he had stabbed him, L.Joe hurriedly threw Sungyeol a dagger which he hid it under his clothes.

The dagger had stabbed through Sungyeol's shoulder, making Sungyeol wince and losing the grip on the spear. L.Joe smirked, feeling advantaged.

L.Joe tried throwing more daggers at Sungyeol to bring down his defense. Sungyeol had succeeded in dodging most of the daggers but had failed in dodging the last one which was aimed at his stomach. 

Sungyeol winced as he tried plucking out the daggers. Blood was visible on the white clothing he wore.

"Sungyeol!" a scream was heard. Everyone knew this scream. It came from YooJin. Everyone turned to face her, including L.Joe.

L.Joe saw the horrified look YooJin was using to look at Sungyeol's injury.

L.Joe didn't want to be labeled as the murderer in his beloved womans' eyes.

He could imagine YooJin being terrified of him because he had killed one of their best friends. It was L.Joe's worst nightmare.

L.Joe stood there frozen, blanking out and unsure of what to do. Even the shouted of Eunji doesn't seem to bring him back to reality.

Sungyeol, injured, reached for a dagger nearby where he was and threw it at L.Joe. To everyone's horror, the dagger had went perfectly into L.Joe's heart.

L.Joe was stunned. He didn't expect anything to happen during the few seconds when he blanked out.

Eunji screamed and screamed for L.Joe to get up and finish up Sungyeol but L.Joe couldn't function carefully and tumbled backwards. YooJin, whom he had been giving attention to was staring at him with a shock look.

She had witnessed L.Joe falling with a dagger in his heart. She knew he couldn't last any longer. She ran to the lowest seat and tried to climb over to save L.Joe.

But everyone else stopped her, saying that its against the rules and the rebels had to face harsh consequences. YooJin was being held back.

Her tears uncontrollably fell at the sight of L.Joe being hurt. As a matter of fact, he was going to die. In front of her eyes.

"Let me go!!!!!" she shrieked crazily like a woman gone berserk. She was halfway there, everyone supposed. L.Joe felt stinging pain when he saw how devastated his beloved woman was.  

Somehow, he was partially happy, because finally, for once, YooJin was crying for him.

As if he had fulfilled his wish, L.Joe flashed YooJin a his signature cheeky grin before collapsing onto the ground. "L.JOEEEE!!!" both Eunji and YooJin shrieked in sadness as the pool of blood around L.Joe slowly surfaces.

YooJin used all her might to push everyone who was pulling her back away, after that she rushed to the battlefield. The lights in the arena flickered and was off. 

Everything was in total darkness. No one dared to move, no one dared to talk. Even YooJin stood still.

As soon as the lights are back on, everyone was still at their own positions. Except for one. "Where's L.Joe?!" Eunji yelled, looking everywhere for the presence of L.Joe.

YooJin being the eagle-eyed girl, spotted the little speck of blood stain and ran along the blood stain. "YOOJIN!" L yelled, jumping over the railing, chasing after YooJin, who was then chasing L.Joe.

The L who puts up a cool and emo side had transformed into an worried, panicking Myungsoo. "YOOJIN!!" Myungsoo shrieked, following behind her.

YooJin stopped running as the blood stains somehow had disappeared. She trembled in disbelief.

-

For one moment, he thought he was lost. After that, the moment he found her, he sprinted towards her. YooJin was attacked with a tight hug.

After pulling YooJin into a hug, Myungsoo started hugging tighter. "I-i th-thought I-i l-lost y-you." Myungsoo stuttered, as tears of relieve threatened to fall.

"I'm alright Myungsoo. Let's find L.Joe first alright?" she declared, pulling away immediately from the hug. She patted Myungsoo looked everywhere for the bloodstains.

Both of them cautiously approached the wall as they believe there would be traps. After trying for multiple times, YooJin still can't find anything. 

"YooJin, I think L.Joe's in heaven now..." Myungsoo comforted her, putting his hands around his arms to calm her down.

"This can't be...." YooJin shook her head violently. "This is the fact, unfortunately." Myungsoo lightly placed a kiss on YooJin's crown before comforting her.

"L.JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed painfully at the loss of a best friend, crumbling on the floor, with no more energy left in her.

-

"I must say that you are really awesome." the man chuckled, helping the injured guy wrapping injuries.

"How long does it take to recover?" the latter asked, sitting up properly. "About a few weeks. But one thing I'm for sure is that you wouldn't wait for long to start. Am I right?" the former one laughed, thinking that the whole game was funny.

The latter nodded, lowering his head. The former one burst out laughing and patted the injured guy's shoulder. The latter one gritted his teeth and swore. 

"I swear I'll get back at you because you forced me to do this." with this, he stood up and left the office.

-

"L.Joe...." you sobbed, in Myungsoo's arms. "Hush baby hush. Please don't cry." Myungsoo comforted. You burst out crying yet again for the nth time for the day. Seeing you acting like this, Myungsoo's heart stung like hell. He was going through more than you.

He had lost a buddy. Someone reliable and trustable to protect his loved one.

"Please don't cry anymore. I'll be by your side, accompanying you till the end." Myungsoo interwined both your fingers and squeezed your hands. 

"Goumawo, Myungsoo." you thanked Myungsoo, while wiping away your tears.

-

"TIME FOR THE SECOND MATCH TO BEGIN." the big screen at the arena had flashed.

"Second Match:" It was the words that everyone feared off. Some of them gulped and closed their eyes, praying that it wasn't them who will be next.

Myungsoo encircled his arms around YooJin's waist when they waited for the name of the competitiors to appear. It was so far the most useful method to calm YooJin down.

The screen flickered again. This time, the name of the screen made YooJin fainted. "YOOJIN!" Myungsoo exclaimed, not having the chance to take a look at the screen.

He carried YooJin to lay down at some empty seats. He turned around to look at the screen.

He froze. He came to know why did YooJin faint just now.

It was because, what was shown on the screen was:

2nd match: SungJong VS L

Both of the competitors cringed hard. They were from the same group, how could they be killing each other?

Myungsoo turned to the fainted YooJin and planted a kiss on her forehead before leaving to the battlefield. "I'll always love you, Princess." he whispered. As much as he hated this, he had to face it. 

"Woohyun hyung, take care of YooJin if I'm gone." Myungsoo made Woohyun promise that. Myungsoo could see that Woohyun was being very emotional today. 

"P-please, d-don't go." YooJin stirred in her sleep. This made Myungsoo look back. He cringed harder at the fact he had to leave her. He decided to block out all the distractions, including YooJin. For the time being. 

If he wanted to be with YooJin, he had to get rid of SungJong, who is his brother. How could he? Myungsoo thought of a method to save both Sungjong and him before the match officially started. 

Time started ticking. Myungsoo bit his lip as he started to rack his brains for more solutions.

Suddenly, Myungsoo's expression brightened. Woohyun lit up abit, he definitely knew that Myungsoo already had an idea of what's going to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong~~ Okay, its kinda like a cliffhanger!! Sorry for not updating for so long already! I'm lacking of experience in typing this type of story so I might not find a suitable idea to type on for this story... Forgive me alright~? Comment and subscribe if you find this fanfic nice!!

Oh yes! Do visit my newly typed one-shot. This is the first time I'm typing a one-shot, hence my skills. I admit I have to brush up my skills :)

Do me a favour!! Go click on the link and read the stories!!! LINK:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/561487/hopeless-place-romance-you-kai-sehun